19 Assisted Living Facilities near Flower Mound, TX
With an average cost of $3,956 in Flower Mound, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 32 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 5 facilities in Flower Mound.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Flower Mound, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Flower Mound
Flower Mound, Texas, is an affluent suburb located in the thriving Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. Its location along the North Shore of Lake Grapevine, and a thriving downtown shopping and entertainment district make Flower Mound an attractive town for retirees. Quiet and family-oriented, Flower Mound's proximity to Dallas affords plenty of opportunity for big-city excitement. There are four assisted living facilities in Flower Mound proper, with 37 nearby. Residents in assisted living communities receive assistance with daily living tasks as needed. Texas Assisted Living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services. Texas licenses assisted living facilities based on residents' physical and mental ability to evacuate the facility in an emergency and whether nighttime attendance is necessary. The Type A facilities house residents that are able to follow directions in an emergency; Type B facilities are for those who require staff assistance to evacuate.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Flower Mound
Weather in North Texas means long, hot summers and mild winters. Seniors with health conditions that are alleviated by warm weather will find relief; those that are especially sensitive to heat may be uncomfortable.
- The Cost of living in Flower Mound is 124, based on a US average of 100. Housing is significantly higher than the rest of the country, but groceries cost slightly lower than the national average and healthcare is even.
- The crime rate in Flower Mound is lower than the national average. Cities are scored on a score of 1 to 100. Violent crime rates are half of the national average, as are property crime rates. Much of the property crime is car break-ins and package theft. Seniors in secure assisted living communities should have little worries about this.
- Flower Mound residents aged 65 and over may be eligible for a free transit service through the City of Flower Mound. The program is Special Programs for Aging Needs and provides door-to-door transport and para-transit services to seniors who qualify. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may also receive the free service.
- The Flower Mound area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and the Denton Regional Medical campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Flower Mound, as a suburb of Dallas, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Flower Mound
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Flower Mound start around $3,956 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Flower Mound and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Flower Mound
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services can help seniors find assisted living homes within their budget and level of care they require. Those with Medicaid, Medicare, or SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. The STAR+PLUS serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and also covers the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Flower Mound
Flower Mound and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Flower Mound, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Flower Mound
Flower Mound-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Flower Mound, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Flower Mound
Review of Flower Mound Assisted Living Community
We toured the Flower Mound Assisted Living Community. They didn't have memory care there. The place that showed us the patio is open to an outside parking lot, and any stranger could come to that p... Read more
Review of Rosewood Assisted Living & Memory Care
My mother is a resident there. She has only been there for about a week. So far the staff is very friendly and attentive. The food is very good. I love that there is a courtyard for the resident... Read more
Review of Flower Mound Assisted Living Community
My mother was in hospice at Flower mound Assisted Living and passed away a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to thank you for the outstanding care and kindness show to our family. I highly recommend t... Read more