Atria Carrollton

Reviews of Atria Carrollton

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Carrollton

June 22, 2019

By lisa caparsao

Amazing people. I stayed at Atria for 6 months and enjoyed my time very much. The food was amazing and we even went on community trips together.

Lisa, We hope you'll stop by again soon, even just to say hello. Thank you for being part of the Atria family!

November 01, 2018

By Nancy

My tour of Atria Carrollton was very good. The place was very clean, but very old and musty, and the rooms were too small, so it was not what my parents need. The food was excellent. It was a good atmosphere. The staff seemed very nice and very attentive. They've got a patio and a garden that were very lovely. It's very well maintained.

May 13, 2018

By JK

We are very pleased with Atria Carrollton. It's the one we like the best, which happens to be the cheapest too. It is big, but it is not huge. It has a very homey atmosphere. The staff members are very attentive and very friendly. The apartments are very nice. My sister fits right in. She has a 1-bedroom. She has a microwave and a refrigerator. All the meals are included. The dining room doesn't have a specific time, which is nice when you get hungry at two. The food is very good. They have great activities that meet everybody's needs. They have a balance class and a yoga class, they have a very nice small courtyard, and rocking chairs on the front porch. They have a color coded system for their activities. Like if you're looking for something that has to do with games, with exercise, or with memory, they have a system there.

February 09, 2017

By Joe151785

My mother was happy at Atria Carrollton. It was decent. She got to the point where she needed a little bit more care than they could give her with dementia and being legally blind. The food was great. Being legally blind, it was rough, but she did go and play bingo where they helped her play; it was her favorite thing to do.

August 13, 2013

By Bill25

Atria was absolutely terrible. My wife is a phasic. She has front temporal lobe dementia, so she doesn't talk. They ended up causing her all kinds of trouble. There were all kinds of bruises, she was dirty and not bathed like she should have been. They had some activities, but I thought they were very limited. The residents spent most of the day watching television. They would play bingo once in a while. My wife was actually hysterical the day I picked her up. If my personal trainer had not been there to help that day, I wouldn't even know that she had problems. She had black and blue marks on her feet, her hands, back, and on her hip. It was an awful place. I'm just totally upset with the entire environment over there.

Please accept our deepest apologies for your experience with our community. I want to assure you that our residents should be receiving the highest quality of care and enjoying over 200 events and activities per month. Your review will be sent to the appropriate staff, and we would like to speak with you personally if you are willing. Please contact us and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

July 19, 2013

By Ftd_Family

We had such high expectations for this facility. It was our first choice due to small memory care facility, fantastic tour, room layout, and dynamic administrators we met on tour. In less than 5 months, we have removed our loved one from the facility. There has been turnover in key roles so perhaps in the future improvement will be possible. But our experience was the TV in the one and only sitting area is on constantly with few other engaging activities, laundry has come back with stains, aides congregate together and enjoy each others' company but the residents may not be the focus, communucation with families is poor, there are many areas of disorganization and lack of leadership. Our loved one was in tears and we could not recommend this facility in its current state. Huge changes are essential. My heart goes out to the lovely tv-babysat residents who have to stay.

I appreciate your feedback on our community and I apologize for your negative experience with us during our staff transition. Please be assured that we are absolutely invested in making improvements where necessary. Your concerns about the lack of engagement, laundry issues, communication, and focus on residents have been shared with the appropriate staff so that we may address those areas. I encourage you to contact us with any further details or concerns so that we may discuss them with you personally. Just email customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

June 07, 2013

By Mary61030850

We liked Atria Carrollton. The people looked happy with one another as if they were glad to be there.

September 10, 2012

By student_volunteer

I thought that the facility had a very supportive and "homey" feel. The amenities were acceptable but I didn't feel that there was anything to luxurious about the facility. The activity room where I was most of the time was nice enough and we had a lot of fun with the residents. It seems to be an active community where the residents are encouraged to participate in activities such as playing board games, Wii Bowling or "bingo night". Overall I am very pleased with the facility.

March 31, 2012

By fudgebrownies

Wonderful people and very good support group for Alzheimer caregivers.

June 10, 2011

By SunsetGasp

Friend or relative of resident

I visit a family friend at this facility every week, and it is one of the better facilities that I have been to. The Atria is clean, and the room that my friend stays in is nice. She actually has quite a bit of room where she stays. However, I am concerned that the staff is a bit aloof. It is a struggle getting them to, well, assist the residents. My friend is particularly needy (she has dementia) and asks quite a bit of them because she needs more help than some of the other residents. Honestly, she is not happy there, and I wish I could do something about it. It's not the worst place a family member can end up, but I hope the staff is more compassionate toward the residents in the future.

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from friends and family so that we can constantly improve the service we provide to our residents. Visitors who spend time at our community often provide the best insights, and for that we are very grateful. I am sharing your review with the appropriate person at Atria Carrollton who can help make sure that your friend's needs are consistently met. If you would like to talk further, we welcome you to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your message.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Carrollton

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: Facility ID #030359

About Atria Carrollton

At Atria Carrollton, you'll enjoy the serenity and security of a senior living community personalized to fit your needs. Enjoy interesting activities by day and relax with friends around the cozy fireplace by night. Conveniently located near the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Atria Carrollton offers easy access to shopping, a vibrant senior center and the Trinity Medical Center.

Atria Carrollton provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Memory Care - Life Guidance

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Carrollton