Solstice Senior Living at Plano

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Plano

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Plano

June 01, 2017

By anonymous812145

We chose Cottonwood Estates for my mother because the price was good. She is very happy with her apartment. The facilities and the grounds are well kept. However, the fire alarm has gone off six times in a month in the middle of the night. The manager is well aware of the issue because the firetrucks showed up at 3:00 a.m., and everybody was out of their beds and in the hallways. It was very disturbing. There was no fire. They're saying there's a technical problem within the system, and they're having it looked at right now. That's really the only issue. My mother says the food is inferior, but I have eaten there several times with her and it has been fine, but it is a little bit on the lackluster side.

March 13, 2017

By Dena636370

We didn't really like Cottonwood Estates. The rooms were a little older-looking and smaller compared to the other places I've seen. They didn't have a full-sized kitchen, just a microwave.

March 03, 2017

By Meloney

The staff at the Cottonwood Estates was very nice and friendly. I was not impressed with their fitness center since it only had four machines, including a treadmill, no weights or a pool. They provided all utilities and meals, and they allowed pets. They only had basic cable, but you still get cable. The food was OK, but a little like institution food. It was clean. Every room was a multi-room, clean but small, and had a pool table in the middle of the floor, which doesn’t seem to be very accommodating.

November 23, 2016

By Sharon407133

Cottonwood Estates was a little older, but the staff was great, and the representative that took us around seemed a lot of fun. We had lunch there, they had a nice and large dining area, and the food was wonderful. They could improve on the color of the rooms to make it a bit brighter. One group of ladies was getting ready to play a game and invited me to play.

September 30, 2016

By Joy781373

My overall experience at Cottonwood Estates has been very good. They made it very attractive financially for me to move in by waiving a lot of fees and things. I moved in and am settled. I even got my pictures hung on the wall. We have three meals a day. They are nice people. I am quite happy. I have an efficiency apartment with plenty of closet space. All is good. They need to add a sink in the little kitchen, just to wash a few mugs. I want to have my porch screened in so that my cat will not fall from the second floor. They say I can do whatever I need to do, so I will have that done. They come in and clean the room and change the bedding once a week for no extra charge. I am very content to be here.

September 19, 2016

By Chris532414

Cottonwood Estates seems like a nice place. They’ve got three meals a day and a wide range of activities. The grounds were very well-maintained, and the facilities were nice. It’s a great assisted living facility, and that’s the actual location we decide to put my mother.

September 18, 2016

By Judith155470

I like Cottonwood Estates, and I was impressed with them. They all seemed happy, the rooms were nice, and I liked the environment. I thought it was a nice and open space. I only met one staf,f and I would like to meet some of the other staff there.

August 15, 2016

By Dick824132

Cottonwood Estates is a pretty drab and old-looking place. I looked around in their lobby, and it was not that attractive.

Hello, my name is Katie, and I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I'm sorry to hear your impressions of Cottonwood Estates. We do, however, sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have you had the chance to visit one of our other nearby communities? Parkview in Allen is less than a 15 minutes drive and has big open windows with natural lighting in the foyer and dining area. It was also awarded a top senior living award - we'd love to encourage you to visit and learn more!

June 10, 2016

By Betty676241

Cottonwood Estates was a very nice facility, and we are on the waiting list. It was an assisted living facility with a beauty parlor and a little dining area. They provide three meals a day, housekeeping, linens, and towels. The dining area was very, very clean looking and very picturesque.

May 10, 2016

By BrettHEAFE

My mother is in Cottonwood Estates. They have been a very friendly and helpful staff. The residents seem very happy and well taken care of. She is in a private room, which is mainly a small apartment with her own bathroom, kitchenette, and patio. It's very well taken care of since they clean it, change the sheets, and provide towels once a week. They have lots of activities.

April 06, 2016

By Carlos6

Cottonwood Estates was higher priced than what I expected, but it was very good. Everybody was very pleasant. The lady in charge of admissions was very pleasant and good, took me around. She asked me to stay for lunch, so I did and thought the food was good. The staff was pleasant, professional, and friendly. They have an exercise and activity room.

December 29, 2015

By Cesar1

It's a place where management and fellow residents care. Facility is well kept but otherwise, it's a four star rating for me.

October 28, 2015

My father is at Cottonwood Estates. The people who work there were very nice, and they help me out. I found the rooms very nice, as well, and my dad likes the place.

October 23, 2015

By Tyrone2

Cottonwood was awesome. It was a very clean and very nice facility. They did a great job.

May 27, 2015

By niecenplano

I put my aunt at Cottonwood Estates, and I chose it because first of all the cost was reasonable. It is a very clean and bright community. It is a retirement center, but they offer assisted services 24/7, so it’s like the best of us worlds for me. She gets to be around lively people who are just in the retirement community, but they also have the services there with caregivers, so it’s just feels less clinical and more like just a place to live but with help. They have management that lives in the community, so they have a total four managers -- two couples that are there often -- and I just really like those things about it. The care services are great and amazing. Plus it is very close to my house.

October 31, 2014

She is living in Cottonwood Estates which is an independent living facility. They went above and beyond trying to keep the residents involved and that was very nice. The staff is very nice and helpful. Their rooms are very nice and spacious. They have a nice big dining room that everybody eats together and the food is pretty good. They do have lots of activities too.

May 30, 2014

We ended up putting my mom at Cottonwood Estates. I like friendliness and the care that she is getting there. Their apartments are beautiful. They are so perfect for her. It's a large studio, and it has so much room. We've eaten there a couple of times, and it's delicious and very well prepared.

March 15, 2014

Mother moved to Cottonwood Estates two months ago. It’s close by, so it’s very easy for me to get to her quickly. It’s a very friendly and welcoming place. The building is very airy and open. There’s a balcony area around the living area, so you can look down into the dining room. You don’t feel like you are in an institution. My mother seems to enjoy Cottonwood, and she had no problems adapting to it. It was very clean and well-kept. The meals are good. They have home health care available, and her church service is right there at the facility. She’s made friends there and the staff and management are very involved with the residents and know them all personally.

December 29, 2013

By Chris37

When I went to Cottonwood Estates, it's built as an independent living place although they have a nursing facility there that you can contact with to provide additional care if you needed it and I was really impressed with that. The rooms are really like little apartments and they have different sizes. They also showed me their dining room and several other facilities that they have there and I was very impressed with it. The staff seemed to be really nice. I didn’t eat there personally but the menu looked good.

September 29, 2013

By LovelyLady000413

I had a tour at Cottonwood Estates and I like it, but it didn't have the full kitchen. Although the place is not new, but I liked it. I like its layout. They have a very nice floor plan. They also have a very nice patio. They have access to trail for the residents to walk and it's a really nice place to live. They have a calendar of activities going on. I talked to one staff and he was really very nice and informative.

October 19, 2011

By GreatNephew2

It really is funny how our parents go from taking care of us to the opposite. Of course I love my mother but after the passing of my papa, her health started to decline. With the busy life style I live due to the beginning of a business, I just do not have time to look after my mother like I used to. That is where Cottonwood Residential Care comes in. They have 24 hour supervision and even make sure she takes the medicine that she hates so much. We originally were just "trying" the place out but since the first week she was so comfortable, she has not even bothered to mention other options. She gets her own phone, bathroom, and they even give her a ride to her doctor's appointments. She has not been this happy in awhile and I am pretty sure that it is because of the combination of excellent service and her getting to be around her peers regularly. With that being said, I would recommend this place to any one (even my own mother).

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Plano

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Plano

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Solstice Senior Living at Plano

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Plano