The Wellington at Arapaho

Reviews of The Wellington at Arapaho

Assisted Living Reviews for The Wellington at Arapaho

July 11, 2020

By Martha Buroker

The Wellington at Arapaho is my home and has been for seven years. The Administrators and Staffers are interested in our welfare, especially during this Covid-l9 crisis. We have recently welcomed a new chef and the food is very good. What I value most are the people living here. The residents are a friendly and caring group, and we have become a close-knit community.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we will continue to keep our standards high.

July 02, 2020

By Lynal

I have two friends from church at this facility. The people who work there are so very helpful and accomodating. Bryan B. and Brett who are involved with management are incredibly caring and helpful. We started in the Assisted Living area during the covid crisis so it was difficult for everyone because of the isolation. But the staff worked so hard to make it as good as possible. Later one of the residents moved to independent living and the other stayed in the assisted living area. And again Bryan and Bret have been extremely caring and helpful through all theses changes. The rooms are great, some with walk in closets. The activities are limited due to the covid, but they do what they can. I would highly recommend this facility and the people there.

Thank you so much for your kind words, it's reviews like this that let us know that we are doing a great job for our residents.

August 15, 2019

By Linda

I had to be very persistent to be able to view The Wellington at Arapaho. The person that showed me the place didn't really know anything about it. It's not as well kept as many of them. I got there on a weekday, so there weren't very many staff members around. The facility itself didn't seem quite as nice as some of the other places I visited, and it's a little more rundown. They showed me the memory care side also.

Linda - thank you for the transparent feedback and we want you to know how much we will address these concerns. We hope to have you back for a more positive experience.

February 12, 2019

By Richard

Everything at The Wellington at Arapaho was excellent. The residents all seemed happy. The staff was nice and courteous. The tour was excellent. I saw the people eating, and the food smelled great. They had an area for arts and crafts and puzzles, and a little fitness room where they could do PT.

Richard, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team.

October 09, 2016

By Gary172376

The one that I like best is called The Wellington (The Wellington at Arapaho). The people who live there were super nice. I would recommend this community. They have the 3 meals. They have all kinds of things for the people who live there to do. They have a lot of options for the people who live there. They have pretty much everything. They have lots of activities. They have games, and they have exercise programs. They have pretty much all the same things all of them do -- e.g., places where they can get their hair done. They have all different types of games. My mom has already decided that she likes The Wellington.

Gary172376, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Wellington at Arapaho!

July 25, 2016

By Thomas344001

I signed up with Wellington; they have assisted living and independent living, and right now I needed assisted. Everything looked good to me. The staff was confident and nice. They had two dining areas, which looked very nice, and a lot of activities, like trips to the store.

Thomas344001, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Wellington at Arapaho. We are blessed you have chosen us and hope to always earn your five star rating!! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

June 10, 2016

By Kathy301008

My mother has been living in Wellington since the end of March. I’m not entirely happy with it right now. I was promised something that is no longer being offered, and it was making me upset and hindering my mother from being as independent as I’d like her to be. The facility has been going through remodeling since we’ve been there. They’re taking out the carpet that I like and putting in ugly ones. The facilities are nice for independent living and not so nice for assisted living, and my mother lives in the assisted living. She reports that the vegetables are often overcooked, which a lot of the seniors liked, but any breads or desserts are very good. There’s a salad bar and dedicated servers in the building. She’s very happy with the lady who does her hair.

Kathy301008, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We have made positive changes and would love to share another impression with you!

March 22, 2016

By Betty63767850

I visited The Wellington at Arapaho. The staff was wonderful. They showed me around while they were in the process of remodeling. The rooms were small but very nice. The price was good.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

August 26, 2013

By H

I chose the Wellington because of the price and what they offered. Everything is fine except that the food gets a little bland. I have plenty of room here. The staff is very good, everyone is so friendly. Their activity directory is one of the best.

H, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care and service. We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

Independent Living Reviews for The Wellington at Arapaho

September 25, 2021

By guywire

I visited during evening meal. It appears the dining room situation continues to get worse then in July.

I would love to have a further conversion about this, I would like you to be more specific so that we can make changes that are needed.

May 20, 2021

By swpsilver

Great place to grow old. Atmosphere very friendly . Cook needs some lessons

Swpsilver, we are so happy to read such a great review about The Wellington at Arapaho and its friendliness. We will pass along the other comments to the Executive team at the community and hope to earn your full approval very soon!

March 19, 2021

By ReviewerFC030721F

I found The Wellington at Arapaho for myself. I haven't moved in yet, but I did a tour last week, and it was a nice tour. They showed me four or five apartments, and I took the last one. Most of the apartments were clean, but the one that I took was not. It had tarps on the floor, the windows were taped up, and there were buckets and stuff on the floor. They told me that it will all be cleaned up before I get there. Someone had just moved out, and they were redoing the carpets and painting the place. The tour leader and the handyman were the only two people I met. They have a TV room, a library, an exercise area, and a dining area. It looked pretty typical compared to all the other places I looked at.

thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Wellington at Arapaho and certainly make any needed changes so you have an incredible first impression!

July 08, 2020

By Kathy Buroker

My Mom-in-law has lived at The Wellington for the last 7 years and she loves the family oriented community. The employees of The Wellington obviously care about the community and are responsive to residents' needs. Moreover, they truly enjoy spending time visiting with residents and the residents' wellbeing is priority number one. Activities are offered on a daily basis and outside entertainment is provided as often as possible, all following current CDC and county guidelines to maintain safety. The facility is clean and attractive. It has several outdoor areas where family members can safely visit and maintain social distancing, as well as a walking trail that my Mom-in-law utilizes daily. The new chef is providing tasty food, and is genuinely concerned about not only the residents' nutritional needs, but their enjoyment of meals.

When you love what you do, it shows, thank you so very much for your wonderful comments.

December 24, 2019

By Susan

I loved everything about The Wellington at Arapaho. They had a wing for independent and assisted living, and my mother won't have to relocate if she needed assisted living. They had everything we wanted and I really liked it. The staff bent over backwards to explain to me what their programs were and they knew the residents as individuals. They were wonderful and they understand the need of seniors. They had studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments and several floor plans. As the rooms are being vacated, they're all being updated. They're putting in granite counters, repainting, and re-carpeting. The hallways were updated and it's lovely there. They had lots of activities, exercise classes, trips, in-house movies, going to the movies, and transportation within 5 miles to different places. The residents were very cheerful and very social. They had an exercise area, a beautiful dining room, social rooms, and libraries. The menu was one of the best I've seen. There were lots of variety, and it doesn't repeat every week or two weeks. They had a piano out in the lobby, and the common areas were spacious. I really liked it there.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We will always strive to create a wonderful experience for our residents, staff, families and guests!

July 22, 2019

By Tommy

The Wellington at Arapaho is a little nicer than where I'm at right now. I had one sample meal. It wasn't gourmet, but it was OK. The dining area was spacious.

Tommy, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

July 03, 2019

By Maxine

I was very impressed with The Wellington at Arapaho. I enjoyed my visit very much. I liked the setup. It was a very positive visit and tour. They had assisted living as well as independent living. I was very impressed with the staff particularly the person who did the tour with me.

Maxine, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Wellington at Arapaho!

March 28, 2019

By Liza

The Wellington at Arapaho was very nice. They had a few studios and one and two-bedroom apartments. Their facility was very well kept up and nice. The people were friendly. They didn't have a bus service to the church, but they had a beauty parlor and a nurse in the facility at times. I really liked it. They had a game room, exercises, and bus to shopping. It was impressive when I walked in.

Liza, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Wellington at Arapaho!

March 27, 2018

By Steve

The Wellington at Arapaho was very clean and well-run. The people seemed to be enjoying themselves, and the facilities were organized.

Steve, we are so happy to read such a great review about The Wellington at Arapaho!

August 30, 2017

By Don

The Wellington was very nice. I had no complaints about the facility, but it was a little bit on the expensive side.

Don, your satisfaction is our top priority.

February 12, 2017

By Linda412004

My mom is at the Wellington. They have very friendly employees. I have eaten there a couple of times, and the meals are OK. She wished the rooms were bigger. Some of her friends were there, she's in the book club, and it's in the neighborhood where she's lived for 15 years.

Hi Linda412004, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

November 24, 2016

By Paul713624

The Wellington at Arapaho's food is like good home-cooking. We just felt like this fit my mother better, and it feels more like home for her, and it's just more of her kind of environment. It's a really large facility, and my mom is in assisted living, which is a comfortable size. It's not so big, so she can't get lost in it. The staff is really friendly, and the people who live around her are friendly. She's been enjoying it quite a bit. There are just very simple hallways, and it's just 1 story. It's a protected area with alarms that go off if anybody opens one of the outside doors. They have a couple of very simple indoor courtyards. She feels safe; she has people check on her and people who remind her to go to meals and activities. It's a really good place.

Paul713624, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

October 18, 2016

By Carol276180

The Wellington at Arapaho is a very nice place, and it’s one of our top choices. Their rooms were very nice, but they were a bit small. The staff was very nice during our visit. They are very caring as well.

Carol276180, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

June 10, 2016

By AAYJWJV

I like The Wellington (The Wellington at Arapaho) very much. It was very nice. Their apartments were very nice. The one thing that I did not care for was that there aren't any washers and dryers in the apartments. There is a washer and dryer for so many rooms on a floor, but I’m looking for a place that has a washer and dryer in the apartment. They have a salon, a library, and activities that I would be interested in, like bridge and card games.

Aayjwjv, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

May 10, 2016

By LolaJYWNS

I toured the independent living of The Wellington at Arapaho. It was nice and quiet. The food was good, and you could get half servings. They were completely renovating it. The staff was very nice.

Lolajywns, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!

November 30, 2015

By Cindy T.

We toured The Wellington. They were well staffed. We saw a couple of residents, but we did not talk to anybody. The rooms were clean and nice. The neighborhood seemed nice, and we live a mile away, which was why we liked it.

November 08, 2015

By JM5

I pick The Wellington for my mother because they have larger rooms. It has rooms that actually have a bedroom and a living room with a kitchenette. They have more activities throughout the day, like they have exercise every morning from 10:00 to 11:00, Mondays to Fridays. They have activities in the afternoon. I like that they are all in one floor. They serve a large quantity of food. I do not know how it tastes, but it looks OK. They have an alternative menu that she can order from, if she does not like what they are serving that day. For the most part, I think the staff is fairly good. They come, wake her up in the morning, and tell her to get ready for breakfast. If she does not come for breakfast, they will come and get her. They come and get her when it is time for exercise and other activities. Most of them are quite nice.

Jm5, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at The Wellington at Arapaho.

November 04, 2015

By Marsha29

I went to visit The Wellington at Arapaho, and I saw that they didn’t have a full kitchen. What they had is an apartment-size refrigerator and a cabinet, and that's it. Their apartments were tiny, and that would not fit my husband's needs.

Hi Marsha29, we regret to hear that your recent experience was anything less than exceptional. We have made huge strides to ensure that we make long-lasting and positive changes at the community! We hope to have you back soon.

August 10, 2015

We visited The Wellington at Arapaho for my mother. It felt much more confined, and the concept was not as open as the other facility. It looked clean, but the building itself was very dark on the inside. It was adequate, but they just didn't offer the variety of things that the other facility offer. The staff was friendly though.

Caring111560450, we work hard to provide a fantastic experience to everyone. It's discouraging to see that you had a negative experience. We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

July 20, 2015

The thing that I liked The Wellington at Arapaho was that they had an apartment, and then they also had meals also for their residents. They also had the assisted living attached to it. The only thing I didn’t like about that one was it was an older facility, and it had some funny smells in it, but other than that, it was a little bit too far away from me.

Caring111096550, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us!

December 25, 2014

By Jo Ann6

The Wellington at Arapaho is expensive. I looked at the rooms that were available. They change the carpet every time they change residents and paint the walls. After the interview, an older lady -- who I believe was the manager -- came in, I told her that I had several other places to look at and that I would get back with her if I decided on it, and she said, "Why'd you be back?" It was very condescending. It just wasn't as good an atmosphere, and it didn't seem that they were as interested in the residents as they should be. They weren't personable.

Jo Ann6, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. We would love to have you back for a second visit so you can see all the positive changes we have made and meet the warm and inviting team!

November 16, 2012

By MaryG1

The Wellington at Arapaho is just amazing. You would never know it's a 10-year old facility because it looks brand new. My mom is not staying there yet and we just moved furniture yesterday. But based on what we've seen, it's all positive. The residents seem so happy. It's nice, clean and neat. The grounds and everything else are pristine. We also like the friendliness of the people and what they offer for the menus. It's just fantastic. They are wonderful.

Maryg1, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!

Questions about The Wellington at Arapaho

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Wellington at Arapaho. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our ages range from 57 to 101 and everyone in-between. There are a variety of exciting things to do such as Themed parties, Bible Studies, Educational and Wellness Classes, Ball Bash, Bingo, Brain Drain and Walking Club just to name a few. However, when new residents move in, our calendar changes to complement their hobbies and interests.

What programs or activities does The Wellington at Arapaho offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Wellness Presentations, Walk to Beat, Strolling to Music, Painting, Bingo, Brain Drain, Chair Bash and Drum Exercise

What places are near The Wellington at Arapaho or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Senior center, Library in addition to our beautiful courtyards with patio lighting and covered areas to enjoy the outdoors

What transportation services does The Wellington at Arapaho offer to assisted living residents?

We can accommodate residents in a 20 mile radius to doctor's appointments. We also have weekly trips to the store, shopping and many lunch and entertainment excursions.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Wellington at Arapaho exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style, with a always available menu. Our meals are made from favorite recipes and from scratch with no additional salt added.

What safety features or security measures does The Wellington at Arapaho offer to assisted living residents?

wander guard, Pendant, secure exterior doors. We also conduct several rounds per shift to ensure our residents are happy and safe. In addition, we have an Ambassador program that each director participates in to ensure the well-being of our residents on a daily basis.

How does The Wellington at Arapaho keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly email, Face book, phone calls. Our Wellness Director and Executive Director have an open line of communication with families and loved ones, regarding the daily changes of our residents.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Wellington at Arapaho during daytime and nighttime hours?

We do not operate with ratios but rather base our staffing on the level of acuity of our residents. We want to ensure that we are more than properly staffed to accommodate their individual care needs.

If The Wellington at Arapaho accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a few areas for our furry, four legged friends that they can enjoy, as long as they are on a leash. Most of them enjoy the courtyard where they can play with other animals.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives monthly in-services in care training as well as as needed training. They receive several days of orientation and then received on-the-job training before they are placed to work independently.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Wellington at Arapaho. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our ages range from 57 to 95 - Bingo, Chair Yoga, walk to Beat, Strolling to Music, Painting, Bingo, Brain Drain, Chair Bash, Live entertainment. We operate on the six areas of wellness daily: intellectual, leisure, physical, spiritual, emotional and social activities.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located on beautiful Arapaho Road where there are so many areas to enjoy but more notably, the Senior Center and Library are closes to the community.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Wellington at Arapaho has organized?

We have taken residents to the museum and of course, Lunch Bunch. However, we have several entertainers that will play at our Party in the Plaza and our many themed activities such as Circus, Casino Night and of course, The Great Gatsby.

What transportation services does The Wellington at Arapaho offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Wellington at Arapaho exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have three beautiful courtyards, library, gym, craft room and activity room - really, the entire community is theirs!

What safety features or security measures does The Wellington at Arapaho offer to independent living residents?

We have an overnight concierge that ensures one access point in manned at all times.

Does The Wellington at Arapaho work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have solid relationships with several agencies that can provide additional services as needed, including an on-site Home Health and Physical Therapy agencies.

What safety features or security measures does The Wellington at Arapaho provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a wander guard in place and secured doors with key pads. We also conduct several rounds, per shift, per day to ensure the safety of our residents.

Photos of The Wellington at Arapaho

Services and Amenities of The Wellington at Arapaho

• Pets: Yes

About The Wellington at Arapaho

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your own spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community. You'll always have a wealth of things to do at your fingertips keeping you as active as you want to be.

Our community provides you with areas to get away from it all (maybe with a bestseller from our library along with areas to enjoy the company of others. Connect to the Internet on a computer, join friends in the billiards room, relax in our television theater lounge, or step onto our community bus to explore the surrounding areas without the worries of driving.

Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle at The Wellington, where you can paint your retirement any way you please. We invite you to come for a visit. Explore your retirement options, the Wellington way.

Map of The Wellington at Arapaho