Sunrise of Plano

Reviews of Sunrise of Plano

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Plano

February 07, 2017

By Frank048538

Sunrise is a very nice facility. It's our second choice -- partly because of location -- and we were looking for a first-floor facility with direct access outside because we have a dog. It's a beautiful facility, and they accommodate pets.

December 06, 2016

By Cathy024668

The closets at Sunrise of Plano are a little small for me, so I didn’t care for that because I need a larger closet. The establishment is probably about 10 years old or so, and the place is very quiet. I had lunch with a nice couple, and it was pleasant. They have a pool table and art center, but nobody was there. The tour guide was very nice.

December 03, 2016

By Harold013177

Sunrise of Plano was very expensive, but the rooms were luxurious. The person that assisted me was friendly, and we had a very entertaining conversation. The dining area has tables and chairs, and it looks very elegant. The amenities are standard -- laundry service, meals, and shuttle service.

July 27, 2016

By Jeff682275

My loved one will move into Sunrise of Plano. It's very good, and I had a very favorable impression. The staff appeared to be very good. I have heard good things about it previously, so I would recommend them. One of the key things about it is it's very convenient for us, but it has transitions and different types of care that can be provided to be able to transition when the time would come and that was very important for us without having to move her a long distance away. They had a good food package that was very reasonably priced.

July 01, 2016

By David580147

Sunrise of Plano is acceptable as far as the pricing goes. What impresses me is the friendliness of the people and the residents. My parents' room is just about the right size. It could use a little more closet space but other than that, it's fine. The food is decent, and they like it.

August 08, 2015

My mother is living at Sunrise of Plano. It is clean, bright, and cheerful. She has a standard one-bedroom apartment, which is something you can find anywhere. I have not eaten there, but the residents can select their own meal. They have bingo, mahjong, and a happy hour every Friday. They also bring in a church service every Sunday afternoon.

January 13, 2015

By Caring101061950

Sunrise was very nice. It was a very homey place. It was very warm, welcoming, and very comfortable. I did have some coffee and cookies there, and they were fabulous. The snacks I had were great. People were very friendly. The place was beautiful and very well kept.

September 22, 2014

By Gary38

Sunrise of Plano was very nice but overpriced for what I was able to afford. However, it was very high-end. It was newer. It was like a four-star hotel. The facility was divided up into two major sections, assisted living and long-term stay. The prices were according to whatever you needed, like if you needed assistance with medication distribution. They had a lot of stuff. They had good exercise. They had good activity calendars. It was a beautiful facility and it was pretty new, but it was outside my price range. Their apartments were a lot nicer. What I saw there was that you had to bring in certain pieces of your own furniture or rent pieces of furniture. The people were as nice there too, but the other ones were more reasonably priced.

May 30, 2014

Sunrise of Plano is a very huge place. There was so much activity, and I was very impressed. It was like a busy boulevard. There were people in the beauty shop. There were people having a snack. I met several staff along the tour, and they were delightful.

February 28, 2014

By Carol78700250

The person who gave us the tour at Sunrise of Plano was absolutely outstanding. She was great. The facility is really nice and clean and pretty spacious. Their dining room is pretty big. I really don’t have anything bad to say about this place besides it was just a pretty busy community. I walked in and it just looked very big. I could see that the layout would be a little overwhelming for her. They have a lot of activities going on and there are a lot of times that I thought maybe she should have gone there because of their activities. They have some ice cream nights, some movie nights, and they also have some people that come and play the piano. They definitely have some church services on Sundays and some Bible studies. Overall, I think the staff seemed really good.

November 27, 2013

By Jan24

The rooms that I saw when I visited Sunrise of Plano were very nice. The facility is lovely and very well maintained. I looked at both at both independent living and assisted living and it was very nice. Everyone was lovely.

October 09, 2013

I choose Sunrise Senior Living for my mom because I like their director Celes and the place has a homey atmosphere. I also like how the facility is furnished and clean. My mom likes the food. My mom is in a studio and it has a refrigerator, a little sink and a combination of bedroom and living room. Her bathroom is ADA accessible. They have a number of activities and it is really important for my mom to have a lot of activities. Some of their activities are bingo; they have music a lot of musical groups that comes in; they have different discussion groups on currents events; they also have a ladies' group talk about things.

August 30, 2012

By Patti 1

The administration in Sunrise was very helpful. It's very nice. My mother's moving there next month.

June 13, 2012

By commercesd

We liked the outside design of the Sunrise of Plano assisted living facility and it seemed to provide a nice charming and home-like community. There were many areas for dining, socializing and entertaining. The lifestyle here seems to provide the seniors with all of the amenities and services that they need - from personal care to cleaning, medical assistance and activity guidance. Each living space had fresh light from ample windows, well organized kitchens and safely designed bathrooms. They encourage physical exercise each day and make it interesting for the seniors. They often go on nature walks and other trips in and around the area. Visitors and residents will appreciate the lovely rooms and activity areas. The food had a touch of elegance that made it seem like what you would find in an upscale restaurant with a nice selection of seasonal and home-style food that looked freshly prepared with healthy ingredients. This facility offers a very nice intimate setting, with plenty of community activity accessibility for every resident.

March 15, 2012

By Js10pa

My family has had a wonderful experience with both the facility and the staff at Sunrise. At one point, my grandmother lived here in the nursing portion. Currently, my aunt lives here. She had been in the nursing side until her husband passed away. My aunt enjoys the meals and the happy hour. It has given her an opportunity to meet other residents and be more social. The staff has been fantastic with communication and making sure everyone is happy. My aunt is now involved in an exercise class and often takes the shuttle to local shopping areas. While she does not go to the movies, the opportunity is there for many of the residents. The facility is always well-kept inside and out.

Independent Living Reviews for Sunrise of Plano

February 01, 2018

By Gwen

Sunrise of Plano is substantial and offers the basics. They have an exercise room and some crafts rooms. The staff is very friendly, and it has easy access to major roads and other businesses. It's in a great location.

August 29, 2017

By Chris

Sunrise was really nice, but really expensive. They have a memory care unit. It was very clean and very upscale.

March 13, 2017

By Dena636370

We had a tour at Sunrise of Plano. Their dining was a bit restricted due to the scheduled dining times that they had. It was smaller place, so if someone is looking for a small place with good-sized apartments, then this one would be good. They provided a washer and dryer.

November 08, 2016

By Mary761663

Sunrise was one of the nicest places I went to; however, there were no vacancies. I loved the colors they used, and the apartments they showed me were nice. They seemed to have a good social program going, the lunch wasn’t quite as polished as the others, but the facility was good.

December 30, 2015

By Nick58

Other

This was the first senior living facility my parents stayed at. They are both deceased now, but they really enjoyed their time at Sunrise in the Independent living area. Unfortunately my mother's ailment required them to move an assisted living facility, which Sunrise has, but it was too expensive for us. If you can afford a place like Sunrise it is a good option to consider since they have independent, assisted, and memory care apartments all at the same location. The amenities and location are really good too. Staff was great as well.

July 14, 2015

Sunrise of Plano seemed to be a nice place to live. The staff was very nice and very friendly. The rooms seemed really nice. I have visited several facilities, and this was the one I liked the best.

June 28, 2015

By Janet108805250

My mother has chosen Sunrise of Plano. They have both assisted living and independent living. Both employees and residents seem very friendly. She likes the layout of it. I am very pleased with it.

June 06, 2015

By Cheryl107958950

It was wonderful, and the people seemed happy. It was clean, and they had a lot of amenities. It was well built and beautiful. They had a library full of books that they could borrow and plots of land outside where they could have their little plot of land and put flowers or herbs. There was a card room where people were interacting. I was very impressed. The selection of food looked like in a four-star restaurant. I looked at the two-room unit, and it was beautiful. I was impressed the most with the safety measures such as in the shower, if somebody falls, there's the emergency pull. The cafeteria benefits if someone needs an additional shot every week, you can do that for a little bit of extra money. When people leave and they come back, they have to sign in. If the people aren't in their apartments, they will start calling family to find out where they are. Sunrise of Plano is a place that I would go to. And if you get to the point where you need assisted living, you already know a lot of the people. They have Alzheimer's/memory care unit too. They had bingo, card games, movie nights, bus trips, and last Friday night, they had a singing group to entertain. They had a whole month planned out of activities for the people.

March 15, 2014

Sunrise was a beautiful facility and it was beautifully decorated. They have apartments with kitchens, but they only serve two meals a day. The people working there were very helpful and very pleasant to talk to. It was a lot larger for my mother though, and a little bit out of her price range. They had a ton of activities; there’s always something going on all the time. It was a place I wouldn’t mind living and I was very impressed with the facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Plano