Sunrise of Frisco

Reviews of Sunrise of Frisco

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Frisco

November 14, 2016

By Melissa464822

Sunrise of Frisco was great, the staff was awesome, and the place didn't look institutional but more like home. It was very homey and comfortable. The staff was great, and the person who took me on the tour was fantastic. The location was incredibly nice. It's in a very good upper scale part of Frisco and very conveniently located. The rooms were very small and had no living room, so that would be my only drawback for it, but they were immaculate.

September 26, 2016

By SA440313

Sunrise of Frisco seemed to be clean. The one who showed us the tour was a hands on caregiver, and we went through the locked doors, which I was not impressed with.

July 01, 2016

By Lynda651367

I really like Sunrise of Frisco. The staff is very informative and they are well organized in providing me with all the information. The staff seemed really caring.

June 10, 2016

By Stan Dolan575345

Sunrise was very forthcoming on environment, services provided and available, cost, etc. Atmosphere is very warm and caring. Staff works very closely with family to make sure love ones needs are being met. Staff is very approachable for dealing with issues or questions or concerns..

February 09, 2015

By Joy25

Sunrise was nice and clean. It was homey. They served wine and beer with dinner if they wanted it. It had game nights. They had apartments with two people. They shared a kitchen, but they had a separate bedrooms, which is really nice. When I was looking, I was trying to get a room at the end of the house for my friend. They were willing to accommodate, but the problem I think was with her insurance. However, I was very happy with the place. The staff was very good, very pleasant, and willing to do whatever was needed to help her. The dining area was beautiful.

September 23, 2014

My mother is at Sunrise of Frisco. As far as I can see from the time I have visited her, it has been clean and it is kept up very well. My mother has her own apartment in the dementia care wing. There had been occasions when I had visited that it wasn't the best; it was not very colorful. However, my mother is basically getting out more. I didn't find her at her apartment when I called. She is doing more things with the other people in the community because she had been just kind of staying in her room and locking the door. Staff can get in and help her with bathing and with meds and stuff, but she really didn't want to go out unless a family was taking her out. So that's a positive change. My mother goes on walks. She is doing more with the group activities that are on the dementia unit. In terms of meals, they have to put portion restrictions on for her because she was kind of eating whatever they offered her to eat and she didn't know when to stop. Most of the folks are trying to get to eat and she doesn't have that problem. However, we had some issues with my mom's behavior sometimes that I don't know if they know how to address. And they need to limit who they have there that they can manage. The facility is very big. It is comfortable and it is homey, but it is very large, and its cost is what my brother and I are having concerns about.

June 10, 2014

Sunrise of Frisco was really good. They were very thorough. It's a nice community, well laid out, and it looked like they had a good program and a good ratio of caregivers to patients. Pricing was a little high for what we were going to be able to afford. They had group activities there in the facility: social groups, games, opportunities for people to mingle. They had van or bus service to take people outside the facility as needed.

March 30, 2014

By Richard77582750

I had a visit at Sunrise of Frisco, and it was small but very nice. They had assisted living and memory care within the same complex, and that is primarily what we are looking for. Even though the facility is small, they do have different kinds of activities. They only have 30 people, and so the staff are very hands-on.

October 15, 2013

By Blonde4938

My mother was there for over a year and the downstairs assisted living ok but the memory care unit lacks in quality of care. After several meetings with the care manger and director nothing that I requested and we agreed to try was ever implemented. They have a lot of young staff that can't relate to elders and no real activites for memory care.

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Quality care, and the safety and well-being of all of our residents are our top priorities and we would be interested in learning more about your experience. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. – The Sunrise Team

August 24, 2013

By dericson

Sunrise Senior Living is an excellent facility. My mother has severe dementia. The first floor is assisted living, the second floor is the memory care floor. The staff and care managers are the most compassionate, understanding and friendliest group of people you will ever find. Management expects a high standard of care from its employees. They do not tolerate anything less. Their residents come from all walks of life -- from the most successful to the modest of families. Everyone is treated with the utmost respect. I highly, highly, highly recommend this facility. The facility is very cozy and warm. They have the most fabulous outdoor patio that is decorated beautifully. I will definitely consider this place when I need assisted living.

August 14, 2013

By Robbiekay2

Sunrise in Frisco, Texas has 2 levels of care, Assisted living and a Memory Care Neighborhood. My mother lives in the Assisted living Neighborhood with memory support and my father lives in the Memory Care Neighborhood. The staff at Sunrise is superior! They go above and beyond to truly get to know their residents and the families of their residents. They have drawn both of my parents in to the activities of the community despite their resistance and both have found a comfort and love amongst the staff and other residents there. They have worked with my father's physical outbursts and supported us as we have sought solutions to his behavior. Overall appearance of the facility is excellent. Food and cleanliness of individual rooms are above average. Activities are plentiful, interesting, and engaging. But above all, staff are amazing!

August 13, 2013

By Bill25

My wife has only been at Sunrise for a few days. The caretakers are extremely caring of her. She was traumatized before, so she's very leary about anybody being around her. But she's much better where she is now. They have scheduled activities about every 40 minutes. While she doesn't always participate, they take her in and she likes to be with people in a social environment. So far she's been doing well there and they seem to be doing a very good job. The food looked good and she has no trouble eating it.

July 12, 2013

By Kari1

Sunrise Senior Living was larger than the other places I visited. It was huge, sunny and offered everything you would possibly want. The residents had a function where they came and talked to the people. I liked that you could start in residential and move to assisted living if things changed.

June 06, 2012

By commercesd

The Sunrise of Frisco assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. My brother's friend has lived in the region for quite a while and would like to stay in touch with friends and family. We especially liked the park-like atmosphere of the grounds. The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a quaint country home. It was hard to imagine that this was an assisted living facility. The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents enjoy living here. The living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that our uncle would be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. The kitchens all had ample counter space and appliances. The patio areas also had barbeques where they have hosted and private parties. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like in addition to hosting guests in their own spaces. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks offered continually. Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine from restaurants, to art museums, the library, to local films and crafts, fine dining and theater. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. In all, this is a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the residents needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a caring way.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Frisco