Brookdale Creekside

Offers Memory Care

2000 West Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, TX 75023
Brookdale Creekside (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 11 days

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 1/31//2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Creekside

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Creekside

March 07, 2016

By SK3

Our experience with Brookdale Creekside (formerly Emeritus at Creekside) was positive. I decided to put my mother there because they came out and did a comprehensive assessment in her home. I felt comfortable that it was going to be a good fit for her there. There are many activities of great variety offered all day long. The staff is just very caring, attentive, and patient. They do a wonderful job. She mostly likes the food. The dining area is pleasant and overlooks the outside. She likes it there, and I feel she is safe and happy. It's small, so I feel it's more family-like and gives really individualized care.

May 28, 2015

By niecenplano

The staff at Brookdale Creekside just seemed really interested in just selling to me, I really didn’t like it, and it just didn’t fit our needs because it is all memory care. It was very clinical, and yet it was very gloomy. It often needed updating which they said they are getting ready to do. The residents who live there looked they were left to their own, and they were sitting in chairs waiting to slump over. This was very depressing. I went there twice, and the focus is selling, not really allowing me in the environment with the residents having lunch.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Creekside did not meet all of your expectations. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions, and we are very sorry if you were disappointed during your visit. We would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to assist you and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

April 22, 2014

I like everything about Emeritus at Creekside. I like the people, I like the facility, and I think everything is fine. The two reasons why we didn’t choose this facility is that it's not a fixed rate and it was a semi-private room.

July 29, 2013

By caring00015

Emeritus At Creekside is definitely a facility that is in transition. They are having a lot of leadership changes although they are very established community and lots of their caregivers are people that were there from inception of the facility. My mom complained about the food. There were many multiple times that we asked for help with things and it weren't done. They have an activity director that is very good, but the activities they have just don't interest my mom. She was there for about two and a half months.

July 16, 2013

By SkyTempest

My grandmother was at Creekside for almost 5 years. I loved it there. Super clean, friendly staff, they took care of everything (which was wonderful). I didn't give 5 stars only because I asked them for a couple of years to get an ophthalmologist out to do an eye exam on her and get her a pair of replacement glasses. No matter how many times I asked, they never got it done. Also, they raise your rent every year, which put a financial burden on me. But these were the only issues I ever had with them. The residents there have a very active social life. There is constantly something to do. The staff there always called me to inform me how she was doing and sent me pictures in the mail of the activities she participated in. My grandmother really liked it there. I would recommend this facility to anyone. Very, very nice place.

February 08, 2012

By scubagirl

Creekside is a God-send literally. It was a very hard decision to have to deal with, but the staff was so helpful and caring. We actually went into the first interview looking for something to not like. It didn't happen. Then when they opened the door to the living area any doubt we may have had melted away. The atmosphere is like someone's personal home. The staff is very attentive and caring!! We were so worried Mom would fight us on this decision, but she is happier now than I have seen her in several years!. They keep the residents busy all the time with a whole range of activities and there are a lot of volunteers that come in and share their talents. It's just an amazing place!

February 02, 2012

By BGault

From the moment we arrived on that Sunday afternoon 3 plus years ago, I knew we had made a good choice. Ricky calmly got my Mom out of the car and treated her with dignity which was a relief to me and my husband. We didn't know how she would take to knew surroundings. Mom has been at Creekside starting her 4th year that tells us alot about the staff. They take very good care of her and always wanting to make sure the family is happy. This is a very hard job and the staff has my respect and praise for a job well done. Thank you, Bess Gault

January 29, 2012

By J Phiilips

There are not enough words to describe the feelings I have for Creekside. I visit my husband daily at Creekside and no matter what time of the day or evening I come I am always impressed at how the staff has individual relationships with each of the residents. I have noticed how they take the time to get to know the resident as well as their family members. I always feel such a sense of support, encouragement and care from each and everyone of them. I also notice how clean Creekside always is, it feels like there is a lot of pride in making sure it feels like "home". My husband needs quite a bit of assistance getting dressed/ready for the day. I can tell that those who helps him with this process each day make sure he always looks clean, neat and at his best. I appreciate this attention to detail while they care for my husband. I know this makes him feel good as well. I have joined my husband for special holiday meals and the food has been very good. Getting through my first season of holidays without my husband at home was very diificult. Creekside made sure to have a lot of family holiday get togethers which helped me to stay in the holiday spirit. I made a call to Ashleigh over the holidays, not knowing she was out of town, and she returned my call while on vacation and resassured me once again I had done the right thing for my husband. I was so touched, it brought me to tears to my eyes to think that she took time out of her family vacation to check on me! I can't thank Creekside and the amazing people who care for my husband enough for all they do!

January 29, 2012

By J Greenberg

My mom and I had to make a tough decision about my dad's need for additional care. We did a lot of research on the different facilities in our area as well as interviewing the personnel at each one. The first time we spoke with Ashleigh and Ashley at Creekside we knew we found the right home. "Home" is exactly the feeling you get when you spend time with your loved one at this residency. Emotionally this is probably the most difficult decision I have had to be part of. Seeing the pain and watching my mom having to make this decision for her husband is hard to put in words. The months leading up to moving my dad, Ashleigh and Ashley became part of our family. They continuously called to check on my parents and asking if there is anything they could do. Thankfully a few months have passed and my dad has adjusted to his new home. The staff at Creekside have become part of our family. We are always greeted with a warm welcome everytime we visit. When my mom or I have a weak moment, feeling guily of it all, they are always there to reassure us that we have done the right thing. We are so thankful that there is a place like Creekside to help take care of a loved one and their families.

November 04, 2011

By denise malone

This is a tough part of life. The family of Emeritus has made it a lot easier and even a happy experience! It is a small community and all the staff calls everyone by name. It seems more like a large house than a "facility". We have also started attending the support group that meets once a month. It has been a tremendous help to know that the feelings of sadness, guilt, etc. are not uncommon when going through a decision to move a loved one. Thank God that we were led to your organization!
See all Memory Care reviews (18) See fewer reviews

Photos of Brookdale Creekside

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Creekside

About Brookdale Creekside

At Brookdale Creekside we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Creekside are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Creekside