Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

Reviews of Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

Assisted Living Reviews for Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

June 27, 2021

By Keith

Mustang Creek is just a different style, but it was nice. It is more home style. Ten or eleven residents are in one house with a common living area. They have a common kitchen. They have a house supervisor that prepares meals, oversees and assists. Grounds were homey, clean, and similar to a quasi-residential neighborhood. The staff was friendly. The dining area was just like a family style kitchen. It was nice.

Thank you so much for your review, Keith! We love offering a unique, residential style of assisted living and memory care. We want our Residents and our Families to feel like they are at home any time they are here. Meals prepared daily in the individual homes that stimulate appetites, housekeeping and individual laundry service…it all comes together to make an incredible, award winning service that Mustang Creek Estates is proud to have provided since 2005. Thanks so much for your review and for visiting!

May 20, 2021

By Josh

I was pretty impressed with Mustang Creek Estates Allen. The lady walked me around. They're not a house; they're a building with individual rooms and bathrooms, so it's a very self contained and clean operation. I was impressed with it. They have a common area with tables where people can sit and talk, watch TV, play games, or anything. So I felt that there's more flexibility there than anything. The staff seemed happy and had good attitudes, and we got a follow-up call. They have two or three buildings in their campus; I went into the wrong one, and a staff was waiting for me, but somebody showed me around. I was pleased with it. They were fixing lunch at the time that we got in, and the staff were taking care of people, getting them sandwiches and soup, and fixing stuff. The food looked good.

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your thorough recap of our incredible homelike environment. Mustang Creek Estates has a mission to provide seniors with high quality, residential type of assisted living at an affordable price. We're so proud to boast such a caring and dedicated team, we will be sure to pass your kind sentiments along to the whole team! Thank you again, and have a great day!

March 06, 2021

By Becky

I really liked Mustang Creek Estates -Allen, but I didn't think my friend would like their style. Everyone just had a bedroom and they had like twelve people living in one big house. It was a nice-sized bedroom, but it was a little bit too much of a step down for her, going from a house to not actually having her own apartment. There were like six different homes around the circle, and each of them had a maximum of twelve or fifteen residents. We went into one of their facilities that was vacant and it seemed really pleasant, very modern, clean, and open. They had one large commercial kitchen and somebody makes the meals for the residents of the home. They had two big tables that everybody would sit at and eat meals together, a huge living room area, and a room where they did crafts, games, and stuff. When we went there, their activities director had just finished doing bingo with the residents. I think their idea was a little bit smaller and more personal, because they have all these separate little places. It was a really nice setup, kind of almost like in a group home. It's just at this stage and time for my friend, it isn't the right fit for her. Another thing is, you can't come in, so the people there are isolated and they can focus on interacting with each other.

Becky, thank you so much for taking time to tour our Allen Community. We appreciate your amazing feedback and you’ve described us so well! We love our more intimate homes and we are proud of the fact that every Resident has their own bedroom and bathroom. We make every effort to make this feel just like home and the concept encourages our Residents to come out of their rooms and be engaged with the others instead of isolation we’ve heard can happen in apartment style living. There may have been a misunderstanding with visits, we do have visitation for all of our Residents based on current regulations to keep everyone safe and healthy. Thanks again for your amazing review and we hope your friend finds exactly what they are looking for. Please feel free to come back any time!

February 18, 2021

By CSocha

When my father in-law arrived at Mustang Creek Estates of Allen, he was recovering from a car accident that killed his wife and was in a wheelchair. The staff had him up and WALKING in no time which is more than the rehabilitation center he came from could do. They focused on his recovery and his mental well-being as he was grieving. Every single employee loved and cared for my dad in-law like family. They became our family as well. The homes are extremely clean (never has it ever smelled like some nursing homes) and my dad in-law raved about how wonderful the food was. We are devastated that our dad is gone. MCE of Allen still reaches out to check on us because they care. I can't ever think of a negative thing I could complain about. We were so extremely luck to find them.

Dear Candace, First, please know how sorry we are for your loss. We do consider our Residents family and Mr. Socha will be greatly missed. We’re so thankful you shared him with us. It means the world to us that you would take time to share a review with everything you are going through. Thank you, your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

June 22, 2020

By Eckfamily

My mother lived here and was very happy When we saw the trees and chairs on the porch and the family dining/living areas we knew she would love it. I was always impressed by the cheerful atmosphere when I visited - which was quite often. Mom had the smallest room there and it seemed so tiny - but she didn't mind and when a larger one became available she chose not to move. She had a bird feeder hanging from a tree outside her window. There were many activities to choose from every day and a very fun energetic activities director. My mom loved the meals - especially deserts. She went on outings and bus rides . Often when visitors came they would stay in the lounge and visit with other residents too - just like family would. They have nurses and Dr.s who visit on a regular basis and let us know when mom needed more specialized help. Sadly mom got really ill and ended up returning from the hospital to hospice care. I didn't even know that was available. She had to move to a different house for a different of level of care and they (because of Covid restrictions) had to move all her stuff for us. They even hung wall hangings up so it would feel like home to her. When she arrived back home ALL of the staff came out to visit her and she asked for hugs and was so pleased to see them all. One of them even saw a framed hymn on moms wall and sang it to her - with others joining in. They all came to visit her daily (even though she had 24 hour care at that point) and I was just amazed at their compassion. Caring for old people is hard , and most places have constant turnover, yet many of the staff here have been there for over 10 -15 years. I guess the best thing I can say is that if I ever need this kind of care, Mustang Creek is the first place I would consider. I will always be grateful for the care and love my mom received here.

Thank you so much for sharing this experience! We're so sorry for the loss of your Mother and loved having her as part of our family. Our prayers are with you and your family. Thank you again for sharing your experience…it's truly why we do what we do.

August 21, 2017

By Anonymous

My friend is in Mustang Creek Estates - Allen and the only thing that I've been a little bit disappointed in is it's my responsibility to line up doctors' appointments for him. I got the impression when we first met that that is something they could do for him. He hasn't seen any of the doctors that he is supposed to see because I don't have time, which is why I brought him out there. That's the only complaint that I have and they told me that they didn't say that to me. I could've sworn that they said they would have a car come pick him up and take him to the doctors' appointments. For the kind of money that we're spending, they should help him find the doctor and set up an appointment for him. They've got people out there all the time. The staff says that he is becoming stable. He feels like he is becoming a part of the community and now he knows where his seat is at the table. He doesn't really want to be in assisted living, but he is making a friend there and that made me feel real good. I was there one night when the staff came in to give his medicine; she walked in, gave the meds and left. He seems to be doing pretty good with the food. It reminds me of home and that's what I wanted. I didn't want it to feel like a nursing home or smell like a nursing home.

Thank you so much for providing some feedback on your experiences at Mustang Creek Estates in Allen. We're sorry that there seems to have been a miscommunication on doctors appointments. We're very proud of the relationship we have with our third party colleagues in home health and hospice and encourage in house doctors visits whenever possible. Although it is the family's responsibility to schedule off campus doctors' visits, we're happy to offer transportation to and from those appointments. We're very happy to hear your friend is enjoying his new home and getting involved in the community! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can help with. And thanks again for your review of your friend's new home!

March 07, 2017

By Devon565244

Mustang Creek is the place that we are 90% sure we're going to go with. The biggest thing is that they are affordable, very clean, and seemed to take good care of their residents. I was able to speak with three residents separately, and they all attested to how much they enjoy being there. I like Mustang Creek because it had more of a residential setting versus a traditional institutional setting.

Devon, we're so happy to hear your loved one may be soon joining our family. We pride ourselves in providing a home for our residents and look forward to seeing you soon!

January 12, 2017

By Grieving Survivor

My father was a resident at Mustang Creek Estates until his death in December. Most of the care-givers were kind and compassionate people. However, I can not say the same for the management team. Imagine my utter disbelief upon receiving a bill for the 30 day period following his death. I called, and was told it was because we failed to notify them in advance that he would be moving out. Unfortunately, my father didn't anticipate his death quite this precisely and notify us to let management know. My phone calls and a visit to the facility were unsuccessful in convincing them of the outright absurdity of this policy. While Mustang Creek Estates may promote compassionate care in their marketing materials, their behavior in this situation was sad, and in my opinion, less than compassionate or ethical. I would advise those searching for assisted living arrangements to turn around and take their loved ones elsewhere.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for your thoughtful words regarding our kind and compassionate caregivers. We feel truly honored to have been able to care for your dad. As you may know, Mustang Creek Estates in Allen has been caring for seniors since 2005 and recently was honored with the Readers’ Choice Best Assisted Living in Allen for the 11th year in a row. We encourage our families to bring any specific financial concerns to the attention of the leadership team, which combined has over 30 years’ experience in the Senior Living industry, and let us work together to solve any concerns you might have. For all of us at Mustang Creek Estates it’s not just a job, it’s a passion – a passion for providing quality care to seniors.

November 24, 2016

By Jac C.

The lady at the Mustang Creek Estates Residential Assisted Living was great, and the place was fine. There were three other residents in the house. The nurses were very nice and the lady who showed us around was extremely helpful. We were told that there were activities for the residents.

Jac, thank you so much for visiting us! We are proud of our kind, considerate and dedicated Caregivers. Because of our home-like environment in all aspects, our Caregivers are able to provide the the level of service your loved one needs. If a nurse is needed, we are happy to arrange a home health care nurse any additional care necessary. We also know that having an activity program focused on maintaining physical and emotional well-being is perfect for keeping our residents engaged, healthy, and happy. Thank you again for your visit and for your feedback!

October 21, 2016

By Kathy676446

Everything was fine during our visit at Mustang Creek Estates Residential Assisted Living. The staff was very helpful, very thorough, and answered all of my questions. The individual rooms, the recreation area, and the eating area were all nice, and access was really easy.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Kathy! We truly take pride in our high quality, residential style living. If you think of any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

October 10, 2016

By Bob247664

We found some place for my mother-in-law, Mustang Creek Estates. We like it. I like the concept where they have separate buildings. They don’t have everything in one building. It is more personalized because they only have 10 people in each building. They got like 6 different buildings, and each building has their own kitchen and eating area. The cost was competitive. The people seemed very concerned about their residents.

Bob, thank you so much for your review! We are proud of our design that promotes more personalized care for all of our residents…giving them exactly what they need when they need it. We are passionate about the service we provide and are very happy to hear your Mother in Law is happy and healthy at Mustang Creek Estates!

September 04, 2016

By usafirefly

GREED! Mom dies family cleans room 3 (three) weeks before end of month the room. They charge for the next month too! No refunds of anything by-the-way. $5800 charged to family for someone NOT even in the room. Lawyer and owner(s) came up with wording to do this to us. Mom constantly complained about sub par food and being too cold. She couldn't make friends there either due to the type of clientele they have there. Sad end to our Mother. Greed that reaches the heavens!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so sorry that you feel you did not have a good experience. We would highly encourage you to contact our Executive Director at Mustang Creek Estates in Allen to discuss and resolve your specific concerns. Mustang Creek Estates in Allen has been caring for seniors for over 11 years and we are privately owned and our owners have over 30 years of senior living experience but they are not and never have been lawyers. Thank you again for your review.

August 31, 2015

By Heidi Bellamy

Although it was a difficult decision to place my mother in an assisted facility because she lived with me and my husband, it became more difficult to care for her in our home. After contacting Tegjula at Mustang Creek a year ago, my mother now lives in one of the rooms in House Three. She has her own private bathroom and all her furniture and pictures to make it feel like she is still at home. As time passed, she began to think of this as her home and the people who work and reside there as her family. The staff is very caring, and I feel my mother is loved and taken care of better than I could physically do. It is hard placing your parent, and I care so much about mine. I visit my mom or call her everyday, and she always seems as happy as a 94-year old could be.

Thank you so much for your response. We are pleased to know that you and your family trust us in providing care to your mother. We love to see and hear that your mom is happy here at Mustang Creek Estates! Our staff enjoys caring for and loving on all of our residents and we are glad that you decided to make Mustang Creek Estates home for your mom.

August 21, 2015

By Donna112050450

What I like most about Mustang Creek Estates is it has six individual homes instead of a large institution. The staff is very friendly, very kind, and very knowledgeable. They are very likable people. They seem to be happy to be there. My mother seems satisfied with the food.

Donna, thank you so much for your review! We strive for happiness every day, both in our staff and our residents, it truly is what sets Mustang Creek Estates apart. And we love to hear she's happy with the food! Keeping our residents happy and healthy is our number one priority!

July 31, 2015

By Marie49

Several years ago, my Mom came to Mustang Creek Estates. She had lived alone for two years after my Dad died ad we could see that she wasn't able to take good care of herself. We had searched all the area for a place for her but really wanted her to be close to us in Allen. When we found MCE, we immediately thought it was right for Mom. The small home environment appealed to us. Mom fit right in. She loved the activities and the care. She broke her hip and I appreciated the care she received after rehab. When Mom had to be moved to the memory care house, I was sad but she has been loved and cared for by every one of the caregivers in her home. She is happy and gets to participate in lots of activities with the other houses. We don't think we could have gotten better care anywhere else.

Marie, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We love hearing that your Mom feels the love we have for her here at Mustang Creek Estates. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

June 05, 2015

By Dad desrves better!

If you are considering this place....DONT! They will give you the hard sell - only for you to find out later, they told you what you wanted to hear, not what they can actually do for your loved one. If your loved one is VERY independent, they might be ok, but if your loved one needs even the most basic care, TRUST ME, this is NOT the place to leave them. My loved one was there for only 6 weeks when we decided to move him out....we had to give them a 30 day notice to vacate, and that was the longest 30 days of our lives. We were actually distressed that our loved one would have to spend one more month there - if not for monetary reasons, we absolutely wouldn't have. Our family visited our loved one every single day from the beginning, and it didn't take long for us to realize we had made a horrible decision. By the second week, we were discovering miscommunications between staff on different shifts about his medications & healthcare, we were having to ask for his bathroom to be cleaned, they were complaining about dealing with his incontintence, & he had multiple falls (one requiring an ambulance ride). They were understaffed and the staff that was there was busier having fun in the staff office rather than looking out for, or engaging the residents. This place is not only dangerous, but the worst display of compassion for the elderly that I have ever witnessed in my life. I could write a book on all the reasons you should turn around and walk away from this glorified nursing home! Save yourself a 'lesson learned the hard way'....Save your loved one a trip into depression and being stripped of their dignity.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that Mustang Creek Estates was unable to meet your expectations while your loved one lived with us. We take pride in providing compassionate, quality, loving and experienced care to all residents and we are saddened that we have disappointed you and your family. We have taken care of hundreds of residents for over 10 years and have many happy families and happy residents that call Mustang Creek Estates home. We encourage and appreciate feedback from our families so that we can continue to provide the highest level of service for our residents.

May 08, 2015

By SFAVORS

It brings tears to my eyes as I think of the love and compassionate care that Mustang Creek provides my mom. It was a difficult decision to make when realizing that mom needed more care and we were hesitant about making a move, but after meeting the staff, other residents and family members I knew that we made the right choice. Mom's home is so cute and comfortable and she loves her housemates. Whenever she needs assistance, one of the staff members is always there to help her feel safe. I can call the executive director on the weekends and after business hours and she is always available to answer my questions. I can call up to the house at any time and I can always get an update on mom from one of the caregivers. Mom can have snacks whenever she wants them, she can sit outside on the front porch or she can socialize by the fireplace in the living room. The rooms are on the small side, but the care that the caregivers give mom is better than she has ever had before and the food is great! We love Mustang Creek and know that you will too.

We are so grateful for you for sharing your experience at Mustang Creek Estates! We strive to make this sometimes difficult decision the best decision ever for you, the family member. Our residents are healthy, happy, and loved…just like in your home. Thank you so much for your review!

April 27, 2015

Mustang Creek had a beautiful setting, there were a lot of trees around it, and the people seemed happy. They had a nice living room, and it seemed homey. I was really impressed with the staff at Mustang Creek. They seemed to be really friendly and knew everybody’s name. The rooms were nice although they were a little bit smaller.

We're so happy that you enjoyed our home-like environment! We love being able to provide all of our residents with their own private bedroom and bathroom and encourage them to engage with the other residents in our main living areas. It's so nice to see them all enjoying a cup of coffee or tea at the dining room table...together and not isolated. Thanks again for visiting and don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can answer for you!

April 27, 2015

By MUSTANGCREEKRES

If your loved one can take care of themselves and needs no extra help, this is a fine place. But, if you need bathing assistance, diapers, eating, etc. they are not trained to do any of this. There is typically 1 and rarely 2 people in a home to watch all residents. The place is clean and neat, but I wouldn't recommend if your loved one needs anything but a place to stay with limited babysitting. If they are active and able to do on their own, this is a good place. But, it is expensive. Private pay and their employes are minimum wage employees, untrained, not certified in healthcare. But, clean and fix/microwave meals. They do not know how to bathe or help needy residents in most cases. You might get lucky and find one that knows something. They are all nice most of them, but they have a lot of residents to watch if there is only 1 and sometimes 2 people there. If you need to talk to the director, she is never there and it takes a lot to get a call back. There is no nurse there ambulances come often. Independent living is good here, but you have to be independent.

Thank you for your feedback. At Mustang Creek Estates, we provide Assisted Living services that is designed for those seniors who would benefit from minimal to extended care, combining personal assistance with the feel of home. Trained, attentive and caring staff assist our residents with supportive services to insure quality of life and well-being. We provide special assistance with bathing and showering, dressing and grooming, medication management, 24 incontinence care, routine nighttime care and transfer assistance.

April 05, 2015

Mustang Creek was very disappointing. My mom wasn’t even there a week, and she ended up in the hospital. The facility was small, and the way they sell it was your loved one was cared for in a home like setting, but they did not monitor her blood pressure or provide the right medication. The food was OK, but they did not have a special diet for mom. They kept the room clean, and the rest of the facility looked clean and well maintained.

Thank you so much for your review. We take each and every review very seriously and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We appreciate your feedback for that is how we get better. Mustang Creek Estates has been caring for residents for over 10 years and we have cared for hundreds of seniors. We take great pride in the peace of mind we give our families and it truly pains us to hear we have disappointed even one of those families. We encourage our families to bring any concerns to the attention of our leadership team, which combined has over 30 years’ experience in the Senior Living industry, and let us work together to solve any and all concerns you might have. For all of us at Mustang Creek Estates it’s not just a job, it’s a passion - a passion for providing quality care to seniors.

March 25, 2015

My ex-husband is in Mustang Creek, and he has Alzheimer's. They have care for what he has. The people are very nice and very caring. They have lots of activities. The food is good. They cook fresh every day. There are nice-sized rooms. They have beautiful surroundings. It's not a big community, and the house is separated according to the care you need.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We're very proud of our caregivers and their continuous training devoted to taking care of all of our residents in every level of care. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit!

December 09, 2014

By DLCLC

I am contacting you to let you know how pleased both me and my sister are with the quality of care our mother receives at her home in Mustang Creek Allen. She has lived there for almost 6 months and has shown continued overall improvement in her quality of life since moving to Mustang. No doubt this is due to the outstanding care given by the staff. Having experience with other assisted living homes, we couldn't be more pleased with Mustang and the people who see the residents’ daily needs. What a special group they are. I always said if we could find a better place for Mama to live, where she could get the attention she deserves and the care she needs, I would agree to let her move from my house. We found it at Mustang Creek, and I have to admit the staff can better attend to my mother than I could do at home. As in all businesses, the level of professionalism starts at the top and flows down. At Allen, that means Tegjul. She is the epitome of how a manager should lead a team. It is not possible for me to give her the accolades she deserves. This note to you is my best effort at letting you know what an amazing job Tegjula and her entire staff are doing. They are -- as individuals and as a group -- as near perfect as I can imagine.

Wow! Thank you so much for your incredible feedback! We are truly passionate about what we do and it sounds like that has come through in a big way for your mother. We know that our staff is able to really get to know each and every resident…just like you know your Mama. We're so happy we could provide you all with the comfort of knowing she is very well taken care of and getting the care she deserves and we will definitely pass along your kind words about Tegjula. Thanks again!

October 24, 2014

By Tess3

My mother is in Mustang Creek Estates. It felt like home for her. The staff was the other reason we chose it. They were very informative and very cooperative in where you wanted to go and what you wanted to see. There is nothing that was off limits. There are 3 buildings that are memory care. It’s nice, quiet, and near a park. The hospital is probably 10 minutes away. They have puzzles, Halloween parties, and taco night. We had a family picnic a couple of months ago where all the family members came, and we had a barbecue. If I had to say anything, it would be the staff speaking English a little better. So many of them have a difficulty with the English language, and the older people get very frustrated by them.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy that your Mother is happy in her new home. And we will definitely look for a solution to your concerns. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you visit!

September 22, 2014

My father is in Mustang Creek Estates. It is excellent. It is in a nice area. We are satisfied with it and we are very pleased with the facility. The staff is doing an excellent job. The care that they are giving them now is excellent. These are six brand new residential homes with a living room, dining room, and kitchen. It is all-inclusive, cable TV, telephone, and meals -- which are home cooked. They also always have fresh fruits in the freezer and whatever snacks they wanted in between. They had a doctor there twice a month and a nurse every week. They have different room sizes, and my father is in a bedroom with his own bath, recliner, chair, TV, and desk, and it is adequate for him.

Thank you so much for providing your feedback! We're very proud of our award winning homes and we truly appreciate hearing that it shows in the care of your loved one. Thanks again!

September 10, 2014

By Tom_H

We looked for assisted living for my dad for several years before deciding on Mustang Creek in Allen. We have been very happy with the staff and I genuinely believe they care about my dad's well being. If you are turned off by the long hallways and institutional feel of most assisted living facilities, look into Mustang Creek. It's a very home-like environment and allows for multiple levels of care within the community. It's also one of the most affordable options we have found. I can recommend it with confidence.

Tom, thank you so much for your kind words. Our mission is to provide a high quality, residential style of assisted living at an affordable price and we’re so happy you feel this way! Your confident recommendation truly means the world to us.

July 25, 2014

By Daddy'sGirl7

My parents were living next door to my husband and me for the last 6 years. My father passed away 2 years ago so she has been living alone. As her health and number of trips to the ER increased we finally convinced my mother to go to assisted living. You have no idea how stubborn and reluctant my mother was to give up her house. She only gave in when she was put on oxygen 24/7 from COPD. The first couple days she mostly stayed in her room. Gradually she started coming out to join the others for meals. After a couple weeks she was happier than I have seen her in years. Yes, the rooms are small but you can decorate with their favorite things and my mom has her own coffee pot, toaster oven, microwave and refrigerator. She rarely uses any of them because there is so much good food and snacks available. Believe me, my mother was a good cook and is very picky about her food. She has already gained 5 pounds and for her that is amazing. She recently fell due to her falling after deciding she did not need her walker or cane. She is trying hard to get back to Mustang Creek and the director is moving heaven and earth to make that happen. She is in house 5 and loves it there.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It's amazing how the open concept of our homes allows the residents to not only see their meals being prepared but also allows them to enjoy the aromas of a home cooked meal (which stimulates apetites). We love to hear that your Mom has done so well and look forward to having her back home!

June 21, 2014

By kellybe

I visited mustang creek with a co-worker in May 2014 to see her mom, The staff I met in the evening shift was so wonderful, I think is in house 3, she was so friendly with the residents, they were having their dinner. She offered us dinner, it was so delicious, she joked with them so much and encourage them to take their medicine. She has a beautiful african accent, I was so impressed with her that I asked her where she's from and she said Nigeria. I wish all the workers will be just like her.

Thank you so much for letting us know of this awesome experience! Our caregivers are truly the heart of our homes. We'll be sure to relay your kind words to our team!

May 29, 2014

By Dana12

My son and I were quite impressed with Mustang Creek. They had a locked facility for Alzheimer's patients who wandered. We were impressed with the staff and the facility itself. The staff was very polite and seemed to be quite knowledgeable. They were very friendly with the patients. They were cooking the residents' food while we were there, and the residents seemed quite content. We saw several rooms. I thought they were well cared for, clean, and the residents looked very happy with what they had. It looked like a great facility. However, I promised my husband that I would keep him as long as I could, and that was my intention. He stayed with me until a few weeks ago, when he passed away.

Thank you so much for visiting us. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like your husband was right where he needed to be. We're honored that you considered us as a potential home for your husband. Our prayers are with you and your family.

May 10, 2014

I went to Mustang Creek Estates, and I like the size of the facility. It is unique and smaller than a lot of the other facilities. I saw a couple of their rooms, and they were very clean. I like the layout. I was impressed with it. I like everybody that I met there, although briefly, but I was impressed. The dining room looked good, and from what I could tell, they are eating healthily.

Thank you so much for visiting! We pride ourselves on making sure we have three nutritious meals ready every day (plus snacks) so that our residents are healthy and happy. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

April 11, 2014

By Robin25

I went to Mustang Creek. I didn't like the setup. My mom would want her own kitchenette to be able to brew her own coffee and have her own toaster. It was fine, but not for her. She prepares some food, but she also doesn't sleep well, and so sometimes at 4:00 or 3:00 in the morning, she makes a piece of toast and puts peanut butter on it so she can go to sleep. It seemed clean, homey, and nice. The people who live there seemed to be happy, but the format wasn't very good for my mom. The staff was great. Samantha, who gave me the tour, was wonderful. I met the house supervisor at one of the houses, and she was great, very friendly, and the residents seemed to know her and like her. Overall, I thought it was great.

Thank you so much for providing your feedback! We love that you noticed the homelike feel of our homes. It sounds like there may have been a miscomminicaton as we do allow residents to have their own small items like mini-fridges, toasters, coffee makers, etc if they feel they need them. We would welcome the opportunity to show you both how great it is for her to be able to go down to her kitchen and help herself to coffee or snacks whenever she might need them, as well. Thanks again for your review and we hope we'll see you again in the future.

February 28, 2014

Mustang Creek is more economical and seem a good quality. They're also very personable. The bedrooms are rather small. There's a nice dining area and living area. When I visit there the first time, they were doing some type of activity. They do have a very nice activity list that they put together each week.

Thank you for visiting us! Because we encourage our residents to get out of their rooms, we've found our rooms to be the perfect size to be comfortable in when they choose to relax on their own. And once they're ready to enjoy some time with their family at Mustang Creek Estates, we love coming up with fun things for thems to do together…and staying active keeps everyone healthy & happy. Thanks again for sharing your feedback!

February 26, 2014

Mustang Creek Estates was very close. I’m right on the edge of Plano and Allen. It looks like part of a residential street which is nice. It’s got a lot of class but inside it’s just not real homey. They had tiny, tiny rooms and they’re just kind of stark. There was no outdoor walking area. My friend walks at least a mile every day and there wasn’t really any walking space or there was no yard. It was a nice neighborhood. For people who just want to be in a neighborhood, it was great. They were very pet-friendly. They had a nice dining set, it was family style, big table. It was only like 10 to 13 residents to a building and so it was a big home style but the furniture was uncomfortable. If they had more comfortable furniture, I would imagine that people would be more inclined to sit and the television was a tiny, little thing. The set up was that people wouldn’t be in their rooms. They’d come out and they’d participate in things and sit in the dining room and they had a porch that’s a little crowded the way you could see outside but it was just too confining. It was very hospital clean. White tile like you’re in a tunnel going down these hallways. It was almost blinding. Their prices are fabulous. They don’t have all the levels of care add-ons so as far as affordability, they’re absolutely wonderful. The people who worked there were really nice and concerned.

Thank you so much for visiting Mustang Creek Estates and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are constantly striving to improve and will definitely keep your thoughts and ideas in mind!

October 09, 2013

By GCanant

I visited Mustang Creek Estates when looking for an Assisted Living for my mother in law. She has since decided not to relocate to the area but I love the concept of these homes. It was exactly what we were looking for...home like. I was so worried that my mother in law would get lost in a big facility or not come out of her room, this was perfect for her. If we start looking again Mustang Creek is at the top of our list.

We love that our residents enjoy a warm, family like environment and we know that this makes them happier and healthier. Thank you so much for your review and for keeping us in mind if your Mother In Law's plans change!

June 24, 2013

By jbennea

My mother has been a resident of Mustang Creek Estates for 3 years. My family and I were told about it by a longtime friend whose Father was a resident in the past. When inquiring about moving Mom there we were accepted with smiles and answers to all our questions. There are house pets so the residents have pet therapy and feel like they are at home. Children are welcome to visit and there is always cookies in the jar for them. So again it feels like a home for everyone. The staff are always available to help and their smiles are contagious.

We welcome family visits and it's always great to see you! Thank you so much for review! We pride ourselves on making everyone feel at home…after all, this IS their home! See you again soon!

June 06, 2013

By Sherylrek

Mustang Creek has a great setting with 6 houses, beautiful patio's on each house. Care give ratio is best you will find, 2 per house. It is clean, friendly and very good price. I will move my family in when needed.

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we're so glad you were able to see our passion for what we do in every aspect, from cleanliness to friendliness! We'll look forward to taking care of your family in the future.

September 12, 2012

By Angelahcakes

When I had first arrived at this assisted living facility, I noticed how nice the scenery was outside and how nice of a place it must have been. When I went inside I noticed some elderly folks doing a number of activities such as watching T.V. or playing board games and talking to each other. When I stayed for a bit longer I started feeling rather upset at how the patients were being treated. The staff rarely had any social interaction with the elderly and treated them as though they were children. The staff was in charge of cooking the food but made no effort in making it taste decently. There was a woman crying because she couldn't find her husband(which I had recently found out had dies years before), and none of the staff felt obligated to console her. I think assisted living facilities are terrible and I hope that I never have to go to one when I reach that age.

Thank you so much for visiting Mustang Creek Estates and providing your feedback. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Assisted Living Communities offer amazing options for seniors who can no longer safely live in their homes alone, as well as, the much needed socialization that many seniors, isolated in their homes, don’t receive. At Mustang Creek Estates, we combine the peach of mind of a compassionate assisted living community with a personal home-like living environment. Again, Mustang Creek Estates thanks you for taking the time to share with us your concerns and we would like to invite you back to visit and allow us to address any concerns you still might have.

Memory Care Reviews for Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

Costs for Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

Photos of Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

Services and Amenities of Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

• Fee Structure Extra: Community Fee: One Time, Non Refundable $2000 Paid Prior To Move In.

• Pharma

About Mustang Creek Estates - Allen

Mustang Creek Estates is a new concept in Assisted Living! We are a residential style assisted living neighborhood designed entirely for seniors. Our neighborhood consists of 6 unique houses with 10 to 13 residents per house and one of our houses specializes in Memory Care. At Mustang Creek Estates, we combine the peace of mind of a compassionate assisted living community with a personal home-like living environment.

Our mission is to provide seniors with a high quality, residential type of assisted living at an affordable price.

Imagine a life filled with the freedom to live as you like and the security of knowing help is there if you need it. Enjoy life by curling up with a good book in your private bedroom or play a game of cards with friends in the living room. Pamper yourself at the on site beauty salon or just soak in the spa tub. Whether you're cooking in the kitchen, gardening in the yard, spending time with your family or simply taking a walk; Mustang Creek Estates offers you a comfortable, secure and happy life - just like home.

Our all-inclusive month to month rent covers:

• 3 home cooked meals a day & snacks
  • Special assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, medications, incontinence care, routine nighttime care and transfer assistance
  • 24 hour staff
  • Social activities, outings & exercise
  • Laundry & linen service
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Telephone service (including long distance), extended basic cable, wireless Internet

Imagine a neighborhood filled with unique houses, beautiful landscaping and antique street lights. A campus of homes designed with seniors in mind. Front porches with rocking chairs, fireplaces with glowing hearths and country kitchens with family style dining; each house is created to feel - just like home.

Imagine a home filled with friends and family, yet still very personal and private. Each home is limited to 10 to 13 residents, promoting close friendships and a sense of security. Our carefully selected care staff are available 24 hours a day for assistance with each resident's unique individual needs, if required. Together the residents and care staff become a family - just like home!

We provide a true residential environment, with quality care and services, at an affordable price. We look forward to talking with you soon!

Map of Mustang Creek Estates - Allen