Located just north of Dallas, Plano is home to an estimated 287,677 residents. Almost 13% of these individuals are seniors aged 65 or older. Plano’s elders enjoy access to prominent medical facilities, including the Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, notable for its heart care program, and Medical City Plano, which counts neurological and stroke care among its areas of practice. In Plano, a semiprivate room in a nursing home has an average cost of $5,171 per month, according to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey. The compares favorably to the corresponding national median of $7,756.

Nursing home residents receive high levels of oversight and medical attention, which aren’t feasible for seniors still living at home. In nursing homes, staff members provide care around the clock, and skilled nurses and aides are readily available. Typically, therapy services are provided as well. Thus high level of service comes at a higher cost, so more independent seniors may be better and more affordably served by assisted living or home health care.

This guide compares the prices of different levels of care, then gives an overview of helpful senior-focused resources in Plano.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Plano, TX

The Legacy at Willow Bend

6101 Ohio Drive, Plano, TX, 75024

This facility has an A+ rehabilitation facility and qualified individuals that aid your loved one to increase strength and mobility. Saying that, everything else goes down hill from there. Typically … (read more)

Life Care Center of Plano

3800 W PARK BLVD, Plano, TX, 75075

On behalf of my brother and myself, we can’t thank you enough for all you have done for our stepfather since he came to Life Care Center of Plano. Since the families of patients have not been permitte … (read more)

The Healthcare Resort of Plano

3325 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX, 75075

Loved it. I continued with outpatient therapy after my Discharge. Absolutely good place to be mostly if you have complex medical needs. I absolutely loved the staff and enjoyed my stay there

Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

2460 Marsh Lane, Plano, TX, 75093

When we placed my grandma in the facility in October of 2019 they were extremely nice and helpful. Fortunately I was able to see her 2 to 3 times a day 7 days a week no matter what up until March 10, … (read more)

The Park In Plano

3208 THUNDERBIRD LN, Plano, TX, 75075

My 87 year old sister was in this facility. She had multiple health issues & initially went in for rehab. It is an older facility but I was immediately drawn to the staff. They were all so friendl … (read more)

Accel at Willow Bend

2620 Communications Parkway, Plano, TX, 75093

Our family gave this facility the benefit of the doubt, and let "COVID" protocols dictate some of the decisions made during our mom’s time in at Rehab. A private meeting took place among staff to det … (read more)

Heritage Manor Healthcare Center

1621 COIT RD, Plano, TX, 75075

My mother is in Heritage Manor Healthcare Center. She had rehabilitation for a few days and then transferred to nursing for long-term care. Everything’s OK and they’re taking care of her. The doctor c … (read more)

The Collinwood

3100 S RIGSBEE RD, Plano, TX, 75074

I am a visitor through our church, a group of us visited the community and played BINGO ( in the evening on a Saturday) with over half the residents there. I am also a registered nurse, I found the fa … (read more)

Carrara

4501 Tradition Trail, Plano, TX, 75093

The Plaza at Richardson

1301 Richardson Drive, Richardson, TX, 75080

My husband is at The Plaza, and the staff seems to be efficient and very caring. The place is cheerful. He has a nice closet and attached bathroom, and has a roommate, which is going well. The food is … (read more)

San Remo

3550 N Shiloh Rd, Richardson, TX, 75082

This is my 4th stay at San Remo and like my previous visits I was not disappointed. My medical and physical therapy care was the best. The staff has been consistently professional and caring. I enjoy … (read more)

Signature Pointe

14655 PRESTON RD, Dallas, TX, 75254

My mom was at Signature Pointe for two months recovering from covid and a shoulder injury. She received exceptional care from nursing, social work, and physical and cognitive therapy staff. Thanks to … (read more)

Highland Springs

7910 Frankford Road, Dallas, TX, 75252

The Belmont At Twin Creeks

999 RAINTREE CIRCLE, Allen, TX, 75013

This place is horrible. I was not treated with respect or dignity. Nobody bothered to familiarize themselves with my case, nobody checked on me regularly. And despite me informing them about my food s … (read more)

Stonemere Rehabilitation Center

11855 Lebanon Rd, Frisco, TX, 75035

The facility, amenities, and staff are top notch. From the moment I arrived I was treated with respect and dignity. I never had to wait long for help when needing it. If never waited long for someone … (read more)

Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

1111 West Shore Drive, Richardson, TX, 75080

Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community is located in Richardson, Texas. The warm, homey atmosphere impresses visitors, as do the facility’s grounds which feature a number of gardens and courtyards. Res … (read more)

Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

1420 McCreary Road, Wylie, TX, 75098

My mom and dad were both at Garnet Hill, so I’m really quite familiar with it. Also, my brother was actually in Garnet Hill back in the fall, so I was up there recently. It’s very clean, and very nice … (read more)

Victoria Gardens of Allen

310 S Jupiter Rd, Allen, TX, 75002

People try hard and do their best to please residents. Therapy is a big help for those who need it. Management is great because they explain details of a bill or if you need advice. Paven goes past he … (read more)

Senior Care Beltline

106 N BELTLINE RD, Garland, TX, 75040

My sister was here for 1 year. At first I was impressed, but eventually moved her because she was not receiving proper care. The facility I moved her to found she had CDIF and it was so bad it looks … (read more)

Garland Nursing and Rehabilitation

321 N SHILOH RD, Garland, TX, 75042

I liked Garland Nursing. They seemed really helpful, and the residents looked happy. I liked their rooms because they seemed roomy.

Nursing Home Costs in Plano, Texas

Semiprivate nursing home rooms in Plano cost an average of $5,171 per month, and for private rooms, the average monthly rate is $6,692.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Compared to the country as a whole, a semiprivate room in a Plano nursing home costs $2,585 less per month. However, Plano’s seniors pay slightly more than Texas’s statewide average of $5,019.

In comparison to nearby cities, Plano also costs a bit more. That is especially true for Plano versus Wichita Falls and Sherman. In both of those communities, the monthly average cost for nursing home care is over $650 lower. The price difference is smaller between Plano and Tyler, where the average is $4,775, and Waco, where seniors pay an average of $4,745 per month.

$5171

Tyler

$4745

Waco

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Helpful price comparisons can also be made between different forms of senior care in Plano. Adult day health care costs just $1,571 per month on average. Next are home care and home health care, which both have an average rate of $4,385, which is slightly less than the $4,400 average for assisted living. In nursing homes, semiprivate rooms cost $5,171 per month. For a private room, the average cost is $6,692.

$4385

Adult day health care

$4400

Assisted living

$5171

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6692

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Plano was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Dallas, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Plano, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Plano, Texas

Listed below are resources that Plano’s seniors and their families may find useful. By making it more feasible to continue living at home, these resources may help delay a senior’s admission to a nursing home. There are also available services that may help with the process of choosing and transitioning to a nursing home.

ResourceContact Service
North Central Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center(855) 937-2372
The NCTADRC assists seniors in a variety of situations by providing referrals and connections to relevant resources, including programs that facilitate long-term and in-home care. It can direct people toward information on Medicaid and Medicare, Veterans Administration benefits and long-term care options, among other topics. There’s no cost for NCTADRC services.
Meals on Wheels Collin County(972) 562-6996
MOWCC helps older adults avoid unnecessary institutionalization by delivering nutritious meals. Beyond food, the organization also offers seniors opportunities for socializing, and it can arrange for necessary home repairs and transportation services. Additionally, MOWCC gives clients helpful items like daily hygiene essentials, medical and mobility equipment and pet food.
North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging(800) 272-3921
The NCTAAA works with adults 60 years of age and older. It offers information and directly provides certain services. Benefits counseling and care coordination are available through this organization, as are the services of a long-term care ombudsman. It can also assist with transportation services and nursing home relocations.
Wellness Center for Older Adults(972) 953-7669The Wellness Center for Older Adults serves individuals 55 years of age and over. Its goal is to make aging in place an easier process. Specific offerings include counseling on benefits, support groups and preventative health care. The organization also makes durable medical equipment accessible through loans.
Collin County Veteran Services(972) 881-3060The Collin County Veteran Services office helps the area’s older military veterans apply for benefits from Texas and the Veterans Administration, and it tracks the progress of claims. The office assists veterans’ dependents as well, and it can provide advice on burial/funeral benefits and pension eligibility.