Located just north of Dallas, Plano is home to an estimated 287,677 residents. Almost 13% of these individuals are seniors aged 65 or older. Plano’s elders enjoy access to prominent medical facilities, including the Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, notable for its heart care program, and Medical City Plano, which counts neurological and stroke care among its areas of practice. In Plano, a semiprivate room in a nursing home has an average cost of $5,171 per month, according to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey. The compares favorably to the corresponding national median of $7,756.

Nursing home residents receive high levels of oversight and medical attention, which aren’t feasible for seniors still living at home. In nursing homes, staff members provide care around the clock, and skilled nurses and aides are readily available. Typically, therapy services are provided as well. Thus high level of service comes at a higher cost, so more independent seniors may be better and more affordably served by assisted living or home health care.

This guide compares the prices of different levels of care, then gives an overview of helpful senior-focused resources in Plano.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Plano, TX

The Legacy At Willow Bend

6101 Ohio Drive, Plano, TX, 75024

We had a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE at this facility. My mother-in-law spent 29 days at the Healthcare and Rehab Center. During this time she spent 4 nights in the hospital for a severe UTI. The facility/sta … (read more)

Life Care Center of Plano

3800 W PARK BLVD, Plano, TX, 75075

My Mom has been here twice, and I cannot emphasize enough what a spectacular physical rehabilitation they represent. The hospital suggested another facility. They had a 5 star hotel lobby, but horribl … (read more)

The Healthcare Resort of Plano

3325 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX, 75075

Loved it. I continued with outpatient therapy after my Discharge. Absolutely good place to be mostly if you have complex medical needs. I absolutely loved the staff and enjoyed my stay there

Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

2460 Marsh Lane, Plano, TX, 75093

When we placed my grandma in the facility in October of 2019 they were extremely nice and helpful. Fortunately I was able to see her 2 to 3 times a day 7 days a week no matter what up until March 10, … (read more)

Accel at Willow Bend

2620 Communications Parkway, Plano, TX, 75093

The staff who work there are overall are very nice people, helpful and attentive. Administation people are extremely nice and helpful and definitely do try to make everything as good as possible. The … (read more)

The Park In Plano

3208 THUNDERBIRD LN, Plano, TX, 75075

My 87 year old sister was in this facility. She had multiple health issues & initially went in for rehab. It is an older facility but I was immediately drawn to the staff. They were all so friendl … (read more)

The Collinwood

3100 S RIGSBEE RD, Plano, TX, 75074

I had a family member in Collinwood for rehab. I found it to have a very homey, family oriented vibe. It is an older facility but it is kept extremely well and clean. The staff are very approachabl … (read more)

Carrara

4501 Tradition Trail, Plano, TX, 75093

My sister went to Carrara nursing home from the hospital. They’re trying to get her on Medicaid and once they get on Medicaid, they’re going to try to transfer her to assisted living. It’s difficult … (read more)

Heritage Manor Healthcare Center

1621 COIT RD, Plano, TX, 75075

My mother is in Heritage Manor Healthcare Center. She had rehabilitation for a few days and then transferred to nursing for long-term care. Everything’s OK and they’re taking care of her. The doctor c … (read more)

The Plaza at Richardson

1301 Richardson Drive, Richardson, TX, 75080

We toured The Plaza at Richardson for my sister-in-law. When I went into the building, it appeared very, very clean. It had a nice odor, and the place was just nice. You didn’t smell perfume or anythi … (read more)

Signature Pointe

14655 PRESTON RD, Dallas, TX, 75254

My mom has moved into Signature Pointe. So far, we are very pleased with the place. She’s getting great respiratory therapy, great swallow therapy, and great physical therapy. However, the parking is … (read more)

San Remo

3550 N Shiloh Rd, Richardson, TX, 75082

There are three male nurses in the Covid unit. They were not very responsive when I needed them. I had to go to the bathroom and pull the red cord if I n deed help. When I moved to the fr … (read more)

Stonemere Rehabilitation Center

11855 Lebanon Rd, Frisco, TX, 75035

Hello All: My sister was at Stonemere many many times for Rehabilitation when she ended in the hospital and they would turn her around in 2 weeks and she would go back to her home. Then lately s … (read more)

The Belmont At Twin Creeks

999 RAINTREE CIRCLE, Allen, TX, 75013

My wife was there for 3 weeks. Very short staffed. Except for one aid, most of the staff acted like they were doing you a favor to help. Food was not good. When my wife was discharged we found a half … (read more)

Highland Springs

7910 Frankford Road, Dallas, TX, 75252

Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

1111 West Shore Drive, Richardson, TX, 75080

Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community is located in Richardson, Texas. The warm, homey atmosphere impresses visitors, as do the facility’s grounds which feature a number of gardens and courtyards. Res … (read more)

Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

1420 McCreary Road, Wylie, TX, 75098

My mom and dad were both at Garnet Hill, so I’m really quite familiar with it. Also, my brother was actually in Garnet Hill back in the fall, so I was up there recently. It’s very clean, and very nice … (read more)

Victoria Gardens of Allen

310 S Jupiter Rd, Allen, TX, 75002

If you want your loved ones to sit in their diapers for hours dirty after asking and asking to be changed and being ignored…. then this is the place to be!!!!

Senior Care Beltline

106 N BELTLINE RD, Garland, TX, 75040

Called several times in a row. Someone picked the phone up and immediately hung up. I know I called the correct number.

Lindan Park Care Center

1510 N PLANO RD, Richardson, TX, 75081

my mother was in this Nursing Facility she went to the hospital the first of November and I was told why she was in the hospital that she could not come back to that facility do because her Medicaid … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Plano, Texas

Semiprivate nursing home rooms in Plano cost an average of $5,171 per month, and for private rooms, the average monthly rate is $6,692.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Compared to the country as a whole, a semiprivate room in a Plano nursing home costs $2,585 less per month. However, Plano’s seniors pay slightly more than Texas’s statewide average of $5,019.

In comparison to nearby cities, Plano also costs a bit more. That is especially true for Plano versus Wichita Falls and Sherman. In both of those communities, the monthly average cost for nursing home care is over $650 lower. The price difference is smaller between Plano and Tyler, where the average is $4,775, and Waco, where seniors pay an average of $4,745 per month.

$5171

Tyler

$4745

Waco

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Helpful price comparisons can also be made between different forms of senior care in Plano. Adult day health care costs just $1,571 per month on average. Next are home care and home health care, which both have an average rate of $4,385, which is slightly less than the $4,400 average for assisted living. In nursing homes, semiprivate rooms cost $5,171 per month. For a private room, the average cost is $6,692.

$4385

Adult day health care

$4400

Assisted living

$5171

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6692

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Plano was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Dallas, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Plano, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Plano, Texas

Listed below are resources that Plano’s seniors and their families may find useful. By making it more feasible to continue living at home, these resources may help delay a senior’s admission to a nursing home. There are also available services that may help with the process of choosing and transitioning to a nursing home.

ResourceContact Service
North Central Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center(855) 937-2372
The NCTADRC assists seniors in a variety of situations by providing referrals and connections to relevant resources, including programs that facilitate long-term and in-home care. It can direct people toward information on Medicaid and Medicare, Veterans Administration benefits and long-term care options, among other topics. There’s no cost for NCTADRC services.
Meals on Wheels Collin County(972) 562-6996
MOWCC helps older adults avoid unnecessary institutionalization by delivering nutritious meals. Beyond food, the organization also offers seniors opportunities for socializing, and it can arrange for necessary home repairs and transportation services. Additionally, MOWCC gives clients helpful items like daily hygiene essentials, medical and mobility equipment and pet food.
North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging(800) 272-3921
The NCTAAA works with adults 60 years of age and older. It offers information and directly provides certain services. Benefits counseling and care coordination are available through this organization, as are the services of a long-term care ombudsman. It can also assist with transportation services and nursing home relocations.
Wellness Center for Older Adults(972) 953-7669The Wellness Center for Older Adults serves individuals 55 years of age and over. Its goal is to make aging in place an easier process. Specific offerings include counseling on benefits, support groups and preventative health care. The organization also makes durable medical equipment accessible through loans.
Collin County Veteran Services(972) 881-3060The Collin County Veteran Services office helps the area’s older military veterans apply for benefits from Texas and the Veterans Administration, and it tracks the progress of claims. The office assists veterans’ dependents as well, and it can provide advice on burial/funeral benefits and pension eligibility.