Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1111 West Shore Drive, Richardson, TX 75080
Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

June 21, 2012

By LisaLMiller

Other

With all the communities here on Arapaho Road in West Richardson...many have choices. However, The Gardens is the only Skilled Nursing community that can transition your family member up to The Arbors [our memory care neighborhood].

June 20, 2012

By Melinda4

The Gardens of Richardson is a stalwart assisted living and nursing home facility. They have recently opened a memory unit. The turnover rate among caregivers is very low compared to other facilities. The caregivers are a special, loving group of men and women who have the residents' best interests and comfort at heart. My mother was on the assisted living floor for nearly 2 years before she had to be moved upstairs to the nursing home floor. The upstairs caregivers were always aware of her needs and interests. This included getting her "boyfriend" from downstairs up to see her daily. The Gardens has many activities for the residents' health and amusement -- exercise, movies, church services, pet visits, games, and even "happy hour" on Fridays with snacks and live music. My husband has dementia. He was only 62 when he was diagnosed, but it has progress tremendously over the last two years. The only place I would consider placing him is at the Gardens of Richardson. Hopefully, though, that will be a long time away. I am so confident of the care that he would receive, that I would have trouble considering anywhere else.

August 29, 2011

By Bobbie N

Both of my parents are at The Gardens of Richardson. They are both happy and I sleep better knowing that they are loved and well cared for. I highly recommend the Gardens for anyone looking in the Richardson area!

Nursing Home Reviews for Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

October 24, 2015

By cummings123

Do not use this facility for your loved one. They have already changed their name. My mother died from blood poison of a bedsore because their care was inadequate. She was eventually transferred to another facility because of this. As a witness, when the bell was rung for someone to lift her into a wheelchair to go the bathroom, the wait could be 30 minutes or never. I would have to search for an attendant to assist. When I would walk down the hall and someone from a room saw me, they would yell for me to help them. Each day I came to visit my mother, I had to search for her laundry and clothes, because they never returned the laundry to the correct room. One day, my mother did not have any clothes, because they had been given to other residents. I could go on and on about the care my mother did not receive. And, I might add, it was the management who must take most of the blame. I did not have power of attorney to move my mother to another nursing home. So, please do not place your loved one in this place.

June 25, 2014

By happygolucky

Caring, knowledgeable staff, nice quiet setting with numerous garden-like courtyards as well. Perfect place for my mom.

December 11, 2012

By melinda smith

The Gardens of Richardson is a loving, caring place to be. They have assisted care and nursing home care. The CNAs are wonderful, the chefs keep the menu steady and tasty! They have "Happy Hour" every Friday at 3:00 pm with musical artists - often sing-a-longs. The atmosphere is great and everyone is completely understalning and helpful!

August 24, 2012

By JCRW

My 92 yr-old mother has been a resident of this facility for over 3 years. She spent one year on the Assisted Living floor and then, as her dementia progressed and her $$ diminished, with the support and assistance of The Gardens staff, we moved her upstairs to the nursing home as a medicaid patient. Mother is fortunate in that she has three children who share in her care and between us, someone checks in on her daily. Our experience at The Gardens has been as good as can be expected at a nursing home in this price range. The administrative staff and activities staff are concerned and caring and all have worked with us wonderfully during mother's residency here. Her status as a medicaid patient has made no difference in the quality of her care or her room. The Certified Nursing Aides staffing suffers from the usual nursing home turnover - sometimes more stable than at other times. Generally, they provide sufficient care and some are more caring and attentive than others. From what we have learned from other caregivers whose family member has stayed in other facilities, this is a common problem at most of them. All in all, we are quite pleased with The Gardens of Richardson and consider ourselves quite lucky to have found it for Mother in the very beginning of her illness and she has been able to remain in a stable environment as she has continued to dissolve into the more severe level of dementia.

Memory Care Reviews for Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Pets: All Pets

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Psychologist, Psychiatrist, 24 Hour Skilled Nursing Care, Skin And Wound Care, Dental & Podiatry Care, Laboratory, And Radiology Services, Incontinence Care, Personal Mail Delivery

Types of care

• Patient Transfers

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: Private Pay

About Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

Cottonwood Creek Healthcare in Richardson, TX, is a beautifully landscaped community with outdoor courtyards for residents to enjoy. Located just down the street from Woodland Park and across the street from Heights Park, it's in a great location for active and nature-loving residents. The community is also just down the street from a grocery store.

The services provided at Cottonwood Creek Healthcare are focused on giving residents a relaxed lifestyle. It offers daily activities for both individuals and groups and also has an activities program that encourages residents to form meaningful relationships with both caregivers and residents. Additionally, it offers private and semi-private rooms to best fit resident’s needs as well as a nursing staff that is available 24 hours a day.

An on-site rehabilitation gym is available to residents as well as in-room phone and cable access, computers with internet access and spacious rooms to provide a comfortable and casual environment. Each of the four wings on campus has its own patio and/or day room where residents can enjoy the sunshine and lusciously landscaped grounds. Nutritional counseling, hospice, respite care, dental and podiatry care are also offered.

Map of Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community