Dallas is a bustling metropolis that’s home to nearly 1.35 million residents, including approximately 144,000 seniors aged 65 and older. The city’s world-class health care facilities include UT Southwestern Medical Center and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, which has a dedicated stroke center, heart health unit and oncology department. Nursing home costs in Dallas run about $5,171 per month, which is well under the national average of $7,756.

Nursing homes provide around-the-clock skilled nursing care, recreational programming and nonmedical assistance to those with complex medical needs. These facilities are fully wheelchair-accessible and staffed by licensed medical staff and certified caregivers, and the staff-to-resident ratio is lower than is typically found in other long-term care settings. Seniors who don’t require 24/7 medical care may want to consider joining an assisted living community or remaining in their own home with the help of a home health care provider

This guide includes an overview of long-term care costs in Dallas and nearby cities, information on financial assistance programs, and a list of resources for Dallas seniors and their caregivers.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Dallas, TX

C. C. Young

4829 W LAWTHER DR, Dallas, TX, 75214

CC Young is a non-profit facility, yet with their expansion plan, I have to question their motivation in furnishing the new Vista building with "over the top" fancy and impractical furnishings and art … (read more)

Signature Pointe

14655 PRESTON RD, Dallas, TX, 75254

My mom was at Signature Pointe for two months recovering from covid and a shoulder injury. She received exceptional care from nursing, social work, and physical and cognitive therapy staff. Thanks to … (read more)

Autumn Leaves

1010 EMERALD ISLE DR, Dallas, TX, 75218

Autumn Leaves on White Rock Lake is located on the edge of White Rock Lake Park in Dallas, Texas. Visitors are pleased to see a kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave in each apartment; the rooms are … (read more)

Highland Springs

7910 Frankford Road, Dallas, TX, 75252

Juliette Fowler Communities

1234 Abrams Rd., Dallas, TX, 75214

We were literally told by Juliette Fowler Communities, "its just part of the system and how facilities like this conduct "business." Remember this. If you’re discharged to a facility like this due t … (read more)

Presbyterian Village North – Joyce Hall

8600 Skyline Dr, Dallas, TX, 75243

My mother was in Presbyterian Village for rehab. They did a great job and were caring and helpful. They talked about the problems with us and fixed them. Everything went well. They had very beautiful … (read more)

The Plaza at Edgemere Health Care

8502 Edgemere Rd, Dallas, TX, 75225

I didn’t find Edgemere any more appealing or attractive than the other facility I visited, and it was more expensive. I only visited once. The location is nearer to Highland Park which is the premie … (read more)

2012

Walnut Place

5515 Glen Lakes Dr, Dallas, TX, 75231

My Mother was in the skilled nursing care portion of the facility. At first, the quality of care was good.As time passed however, we found the staff indifferent, un attentive and sometimes rude.Upon … (read more)

Monarch Pavilion Rehabilitation

6825 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX, 75235

I chose Monarch Pavilion Rehabilitation Suites, and my dad is very happy there. He likes it. The staff is very good.

Pate Rehabilitation Center

2655 Villa Creek Dr #140, Dallas, TX, 75234

My husband is at Pate Rehabilitation Center, and they are housing him and working toward rehabbing him. They are unbelievably wonderful. The staff members are proactive. They are caring beyond caring, … (read more)

Iris Memory Care of Turtle Creek

3611 Dickason Avenue, Dallas, TX, 75219

While searching for a place for my brother’s friend to live, we decided to take a look at Silverado Senior Living – Turtle Creek in the Dallas area. It is conveniently located for the family, and the … (read more)

Crystal Creek At Preston Hollow

11409 N Central Expressway, Dallas, TX, 75243

My mother was also on the second floor, which is quite good in so many ways. This floor, however is terrible – except for the physical therapy. All of the physical therapists are great, the complete o … (read more)

Lakewest Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

2450 Bickers St., Dallas, TX, 75212

Lakewest Rehabilitation and Skilled Care is located in Dallas, TX, minutes away from the Trinity River Floodway. Visitors are pleasantly amazed by code-activated interior doors, which means the facili … (read more)

Skyline Nursing Center

3326 Burgoyne St, Dallas, TX, 75233

I chose Manorcare Health Services for my mom because it was close to my grandmother’s house and I knew some people who used to work there and she referred them. The rooms were clean, big enough for tw … (read more)

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation

3505 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX, 75246

They’ve been very helpful and very professional. I would definitely recommend Baylor Institute for any type of rehabilitation services especially for the care that I needed, which was care for stroke … (read more)

Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center

2525 Centerville Rd, Dallas, TX, 75228

My mother was admitted to this rehab/ nursing facility on a Friday night, my mother’s and ours worst fear came true ; when the first few hours that she was there two nurses came into her room; my m … (read more)

Traymore Nursing Center

4315 Hopkins Ave, Dallas, TX, 75209

My husband is in The Traymore at Park Cities, and I think our experience has been pretty positive. The staff would stay on top of things. If there’s a change in his medication or anything like that, t … (read more)

Diversicare of Lake Highlands

9009 WHITE ROCK TR, Dallas, TX, 75238

Brentwood Healthcare Ltd

3505-1 S Buckner Blvd, Dallas, TX, 75227

My mom live there in bldg 2 and they take wonderful care of her I don’t worry if she’s been care for because I know she is they are all so great and I want to thank them for the professional and kind … (read more)

The Highlands Of Dallas

9009 Forest Ln, Dallas, TX, 75243

Although the place seems to have gone downhill a bit recently, the Forest Lane Healthcare Center is still a very nice place. It is a nursing home – and the typical stereotype follows it. However, the … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Dallas, TX

Nursing homes in Dallas cost an average of $5,171 per month for a semiprivate room and $6,692 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

In Dallas, monthly nursing home rates average $5,171 for a semiprivate room. By comparison, the statewide average rate is $5,019, while the national average is significantly higher at $7,756 per month.

Throughout Texas, long-term care costs vary and are largely linked to the local cost of living. Just north of Dallas, rates in Sherman average $4,494, while to the east, nursing home care costs about $4,775 per month in Tyler. South of Dallas, rates average $4,745 per month in Waco, and the same level of care costs $5,201 in the state capital, Austin.

$5171

Tyler

$5201

Austin

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Nursing home care, which includes 24/7 medical care and supervision in an institutional setting, is the costliest type of long-term care, with monthly rates in Dallas averaging $5,171 for a semiprivate room and $6,692 for a private room. Seniors who don’t need around-the-clock skilled nursing care may opt to remain at home with help from a homemaker or home health care aide. Both these services cost an average of $4,385 per month in Dallas. Assisted living care costs around $4,400 per month, while adult day care is about $1,571.

$4385

Adult day health care

$4400

Assisted living

$5171

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6692

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Dallas, TX

Free Resources for Seniors in Dallas, TX

Seniors who need long-term care can learn about the wide range of services available in Dallas by contacting one of the many senior services agencies in the region. These agencies help seniors navigate their long-term care options, learn about financial aid programs, and whenever possible, arrange supports to help older adults avoid or delay institutionalization.

ResourceContactService
City of Dallas Senior Services(214) 670-5227The City of Dallas offers a number of free services to help seniors, including case management for elders who need health care, housing, transportation and in-home assistance.
Community Council of Greater Dallas(214) 871-5065The Community Council of Greater Dallas is the federally-mandated Area Agency on Aging for the region. The Council coordinates local, state and federal services for Dallas seniors aged 60 and older in order to promote healthy aging.
The Senior Source(214) 823-5700The Senior Source offers a range of services to seniors and their caregivers. Case managers help seniors secure long-term care resources and apply for financial assistance programs. Guardianship services are also available for elders who require protection against abuse, financial exploitation or neglect.
Dallas County Veterans Services(972) 692-4939Dallas County Veterans Services helps veterans and their dependents obtain the maximum available entitlements through county, state and federal programs. Veteran Service Officers assist with VA pension applications and appeals, apply for service records on behalf of vets, and help veterans navigate the VA health care system.