C. C. Young Dallas, TX

Reviews of C. C. Young

Assisted Living Reviews for C. C. Young

January 17, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the C.C. Young & The Cove assisted living facility in Dallas when looking at places for our aunt. The building appeared to be very well kept. The outer grounds looked lovely. The main areas were all clean, fresh and light. We could see a variety of seniors enjoying themselves - and the staff appeared to be very attentive and kind. The residents are all encouraged to enjoy as much physical activity as possible - whether in the gorgeous landscaped courtyards - or inside the exercise facility where they can take classes or use the equipment for strength training. The private living areas were all well decorated and personalized. It was clear that anyone would enjoy living in them. The food in the nice dining areas looked and smelled delicious. The chef takes the time to make beautifully presented meals to the tastes of the residents - who have a variety of great choices. They can also request their favorite foods. The snacks were also healthy, delicious and offered frequently. They have many stimulating activities to enjoy and also host Brain Health exercises - a concept we found intriguing. They really make every effort to enrich the lives of the seniors that live there. The programs they use are individuality designed to encourage all of the residents to engage socially and to be as active as possible. This is a very supportive and caring community for seniors of all kinds and we could see that they are well cared for and content.

May 26, 2011

By L0v3H

Friend or relative of resident

My Great Grandmother resided in this living facility. The staff was very kind to me, but my Grandmother had some complaints. They weren't very attentive to her. She stayed there for about 5 years before she passed. It was a very nice facility she had her own apartment and she liked the feeling of independence. I am pleased with the treatment and care my Grandmother received and I would recommend CC Memorial Home to anyone.

Independent Living Reviews for C. C. Young

September 30, 2015

My overall experience with C. C. Young has been good so far. They have a daycare where they go to. They do exercise. They have meetings, and speakers that come in. The staff is good. The surroundings are great. It is very clean and very well organized. They have a lot of staff.

November 25, 2014

I know people that are in C C Young. The place was a little older, but comfortable. The room has a small kitchen area, a living area, bedroom, and a bath. It was spacious -- not elegant -- but comfortable and homey. They have exercise classes, and the place was safe and secured.

July 22, 2014

My mom had been going to C.C Young for about 15 years for their senior activities, even though she didn't live there yet, so she knew almost everyone when she moved in, and it was an easy transition for her. The general staff, such as the housekeeping, the people in the kitchen, the maintenance, they are all great. I think they have adequate staff. They have probably six to ten different activities a day. They are very, very active. They have all different levels of exercises. Mom does chair exercises because she has a bad hip. She plays bridge three or four times a week. She plays bowling on the Wii computer every week. She is in the choir, they practice once a week, and then once a month they go over to the assisted living or the hospital to sing for the residents that can't get out. They have movies, I think it's once a month. What I really like is they have free transportation to the grocery store and the shopping center every week by bus. If she wants to go, she can sign up and go to the grocery store. They have free transportation to the doctor. They have painting, but she doesn't do that. They have poetry writing, a book club, and jewelry making. The funniest thing is that in most senior places all they do is Bingo, and they don't have Bingo, but they have a lot of different stuff. She has a remodeled apartment, and she has a full kitchen with a granite countertop, stainless steel appliances, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, stove, all brand new. She has an eat-in kitchen, a living room, a very large bedroom, a large bathroom with a walk-in shower, and they have a washer-dryer connection in the room. The staff and the residents, everyone speaks, and you wear a name tag and everyone learns your name and they are very responsive. They have maintenance on the staff twenty-four hours a day. And, another thing that I like is they require all of the residents to wear a life alert, which is a necklace for emergencies, and they are monitored twenty-four hours a day. They have housekeeping every other week; they completely clean her apartment and change the linens on her bed. She gets two meals a day in the dining room. She loves the food. They always have two or three meats, five or six vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, and ice cream. It is like a cafeteria. She has been there for five months, and she is just happy as can be. It is very clean, and I feel it is very safe. I think they care about the residents. Every one there including maintenance, is always working around; repairing, and working in the yard, they always have flowers, and all the staff seem very happy to be there. All the residents seem happy; everyone speaks. It is just a really nice place.

May 18, 2012

By rg74

When my grandmother's dementia got bad enough she wasn't able to live on her own, my aunt moved in with her. But quite soon after it was decided she needed to be somewhere with professionals. So she went to CC Young. It was a very nice facility, clean and pleasant. Grandmother didn't like it there, but she really just wanted to go home, her not being happy there was not a reflection on the facility itself. We live very nearby, and visited often. Grandmother preferred to read in her room most of the time, but a lot of the residents liked to be out visiting, and there was always a crowd of them talking or playing cards, or watching tv out in the common areas. The staff were all very friendly and seemed patient and kind. We were very happy with them. The only problems we had were when Grandmother kept falling, and that wasn't really their fault. They wanted to tie her to her wheelchair and keep her right by the front desk where they could watch her, which she hated. This issue was never really resolved well, as my Grandmother passed away soon after this issue arose. Overall it was a good facility.

Nursing Home Reviews for C. C. Young

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for C. C. Young

Services and Amenities of C. C. Young

About C. C. Young

Refund Plan: Declining Balance over 6 yrs to 0%. Assisted Living and Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of C. C. Young