Walnut Place Dallas, TX

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care

5515 Glen Lakes Dr, Dallas, TX 75231
Walnut Place (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 8 days

For a limited time, lock in 2020 pricing and your rate for two years. Plus, we are waiving the community fee.

Reviews of Walnut Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Walnut Place

December 16, 2013

Walnut Place is right across from Presbyterian Hospital which makes it convenient. They did have levels of care there from assisted living to Alzheimer's care. It was a huge place. This particular facility I would rate as five-star only because they're so professional. However, I wouldn't choose this place for myself because they had more of an institutional feeling rather than a home-like feeling. I was looking for more of an independent living place where I had no need of help except to have somebody help me prepare meals or take me to trips or whatever. This place is not the one where I would go. However, if I have a family member that has Alzheimer's or dementia or some serious situations like that, then I would certainly recommend Walnut Place. This place is for someone needing medical attention even though it is just assisted living. They did have nursing staff there. I also tried eating there and the food was good. I would recommend this place particularly for people with medical issues.

September 19, 2013

By March903

Walnut Place is nice but very expensive for what it is. I don't believe that my sister receives personal care there. The room that she is in is small. For the fee you're paying, I think that the accommodation would be equivalent to at least like a hotel room. I don't think you're getting your money's worth with what they have. The food is not homemade cooking but it is all right. It is just fine. They have activities there; however, my sister doesn't participate in them and I think she should. I think they can do better by having more staff. That's maybe the reason why my sister is not receiving the care that we're expecting because the staff is limited.

November 03, 2011

By Spots4me

My father was here on the rehab unit. In my opinion he received excellent nursing care and the physical therapists were great. The facility is clean, food is good and the staff is great.

September 30, 2011

By Michael F.

Walnut Place, in my opinion, is one of the best facilities for elderly care that I have ever visited. The courtyard is very beautiful, the clients are well taken care of, and from what I hear - the food is excellent. The staff provides transportation for their clients, there is a nice church within walking distance, and most rooms even have flat-screen televisions for their clients - which is unheard of for most elderly-care facilities. I would highly recommend Walnut Place to anyone who is looking for elderly care in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

July 21, 2011

By MichelleMortland

Walnut Place offer skilled nursing and rehab, assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and respite care. I've visited it a few times and have referred clients there. It's in downtown Dallas in a nice part of town, right across the street from Presbyterian Hospital. It's very convenient. A bus picks up patients from the hospital and admits them directly to rehab. It couldn't be easier. And they do an extremely large amount of rehab business. It's an older facility--probably 30 years old. Although it's an upscale facility, it could use a makeover in some areas, especially since it competes with some very upscale and newer facilities nearby. The rooms are large, though, and pretty nice. Many have been upgraded with flat screen TVs. The staff is extremely nice and professional. The director of nurses, dietician, and a number of other key people have been there a long time. That's unusual and a real plus. When those two departments are good, the quality of care is superior. The food is above average--just below excellent. They tend to use a lot of fresh ingredients. It's not at all institutional. They have a lot of special events, too--big productions. For the holidays, they really go all out, with musical events and special entertainment.

Nursing Home Reviews for Walnut Place

• Date Certified: 10/01/2020

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Walnut Place

Walnut Place has a legacy of quality care and offers assisted living and memory care services.

All Inclusive Rates

We realize the decision regarding your loved one’s care is complex, so we have simplified the cost of assisted living to make it easier for you to plan. The All-Inclusive rate means NO additional fees for any care! Walnut Place has simplified things, to make life easier for you. No more worries about added care fees or unexpected rate increases. The only additional expenses families should expect to incur are for medications, personal amenities, and services such as beauty/barber shop fees, pet fees, and telephone.

Assisted Living

At Walnut Place, you or your loved one will be able to maintain a sense of freedom and independence with a helping hand conveniently nearby to assist with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, and medication management. Residents enjoy weekly housekeeping, personal laundry and bed linen services.

Memory Care

For individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia, Walnut Place offers a safe and secure memory care neighborhood featuring Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program® with highly specialized, innovative care. This person-centered approach to caring for your loved one allows the team to focus on each resident’s needs.

Walnut Place is managed by Life Care Services®, An LCS® Company. Life Care Services ranked highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power 2019 Senior Living Study and achieved the highest score in all seven study factors: resident services and activities; community staff; food and beverage; new resident orientation; resident cost; community and grounds; and resident apartment unit.

Conveniently located across the street from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Walnut Place offers all-inclusive rates for assisted living and memory care residents.

Map of Walnut Place