Signature Pointe Dallas, TX

Signature Pointe (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Signature Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for Signature Pointe

May 24, 2015

My mother is in Signature Pointe on the Lake. I like that it is clean, and the staff is extremely friendly and attentive, but mostly, my mother is happy there. The room that she has is approximately a 500-square foot one-bedroom apartment with a kitchenette, and it has a place for a washer & dryer. The food can be better. I think my mom eats just breakfast there before she goes to the grocery stores and fixes her meal. They have lots of activities, and I know they have vans that run to different places. In house, they have a lot of social events. The only issue is the food, but the location is very good. It is right by a grocery store, and the staff is very attentive.

May 10, 2014

By Lisa91868950

We opted for Signature Pointe on the Lake because it was convenient for us and they had all levels of services in the community. They had nursing care, independent living, and assisted living, and that was what we looked for. My parents were in the nursing home, but it was not like your typical nursing home. It's where they went for rehab, and then they moved to the next level. All the residents were there together, whether they were assisted living or independent living. The place was like a hotel; it was above average. The staff were very nice, and we were satisfied with them. They had new carpet put in before my parents moved in. There was furniture in the room, like dressers and end tables. But they could also bring their own if they wanted to. The food seemed pretty good, and they liked it. My parents liked the church services, the singing groups, games, and activities.

March 15, 2014

Signature Pointe was three miles from my house, so it was really close to me. It’s a nice place. My friend broke his hip and went into the rehab facility before he moved into their secure ward. They’re very nice. I really like the staff. Their whole second floor is for the Alzheimer’s patients. They’re very specialized when it comes to the memory care unit.

June 18, 2013

By Concerned son2

My mother fell and injured her head. She and I were told that this place was the best to recover. The staff is disorganized, hurried and appears to be disgruntled. I noticed pieces of toilet paper on the floor along with a toothpick. I took a pic of this and the next 3days they never were cleaned up. I wrote my initials on the label on the bed sheet and the sheets had not been removed for 3days. Then I was called and told my mom was "ok", they woke my mom at 4am to start a "line". Not knowing what a "line" was, I asked "why would you need to administer any of her medicines into her veins, she only takes two pills! The nurse was starting to give my mom SOMEONE ELSE'S medicine into a "line" in her hand!!!!

February 04, 2013

By Mike a Favorite Nephew

My Aunt was on the 4th floor in the Advanced Nursing Care part of the Facility, not a permanent resident. We had issues with the nursing staff not answering the alert signal, sometimes for 30 minutes. (the room was right next to the nurse's station) They would not come to help her to the bedside potty, and several times would leave her sitting alone on it - totally against the law due to possible injury from falls. We spoke with the Head Nurse who briefed the staff (we heard her) but the staff ignored her. We spoke with the Social Worker, the Head of Staff, and Tried to catch the director. We finally gave up and are having her moved to another facility due to the absence of attentiveness by the nursing staff and the fact we had communicated many concerns with several levels of supervision/management with no results. When we asked if she had been given any of her particular medications, the standard answer was "we don't know". Is it time for more Tylenol to help her fever, "we don't know". When someone comes from a hospital to their facility, you would think that they would take medicating more seriously. When we moved her, the room temperature was over 84 degrees. We also noted Picketers out front with signs saying that "they killed my mother". Like a previous review from 2 years ago stated - This Is Disconcerting. This may be a good place to live due to the furnishings and good food, but it is DEFINITELY NOT a place I would recommend for recovering from a hospital stay.

October 20, 2011

By Michael F.

Signature Pointe was very nice... and it had an awesome view of the park as well. Guests here were very independent, and were able to go walking on their own when they wanted to through the park. If they asked for someone to go with them, it could be arranged as well. That, I like. Freedom with the option of assistance... If I were a client of an elderly caregiving facility, this is what I would like. This is nothing like the stereotypical nursing home facility... this is a more like an apartment for the elderly, where the apartment manager is on call for you 24/7. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the Dallas area looking for assistance for their elderly family member.

September 09, 2011

By acstewart

My stepdad's mother lived at this facility for a period of time. The facility was nice. The grounds were well kept. I did not have much interaction with the staff - the facility seemed to be geared towards residents that were mostly capable of somewhat independent living. Her room was nice - I would describe it as a studio apartment - a one bedroom with a small kitchen and a bathroom. Our family personally did not have any bad experiences with this facility. However, she ultimately needed a different type of care in a different environment. The only one thing that I would mention that was a little bit worrisome - one time when we went to visit, there were family members outside picketing/demonstrating with signs claiming that the facility was negligent in the care of their relative. I did not have any details regarding the particulars of their situation. However, it was still disconcerting to see.

Independent Living Reviews for Signature Pointe

• Date Certified: 02/01/2020

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Signature Pointe

After living in the same home for 50+ years, it can be a major decision to consider moving to a continuing care retirement community. While many senior living communities in the north Dallas area boast a variety of amenities and features to attract residents, it has always been our goal to make our community feel just like home to allow our residents to age gracefully.

The warm atmosphere, picturesque views, and the support seniors need no matter what the future holds – this is what sets Signature Pointe apart from other senior living options in north Dallas.

What We Offer

At Signature Pointe, we are a Life Plan Community that offers residents the opportunity to enjoy industry leading programs, nutrition, fitness and life-enriching activities. We offer vibrant senior living options and care services in north Dallas that promote aging in place.

The most unique thing about Signature Pointe, is that we offer a full continuum of care that ensures needs are met now and in the future – all in one building. This means, loved ones are never separated based on level of care and residents are able to age in place regardless of how their needs change over time.

Our north Dallas location facilitates care with the following healthcare options:

• Independent Living
  • Assisted Living
  • Memory Care
  • Rehabilitative Care

We take great strides to ensure our care is centered on each resident in a way that supports their individual needs, but also allows them to stay in comfortable and familiar surroundings throughout their journey. We truly understand the importance of aging in place and provide exactly that for our residents.

Our Longstanding History in the Community

One of the things we pride ourselves on is our longstanding history in the north Dallas community. For the past 20 years we have been recommended among residents, families and medical professionals in the area. We are honored that people continue to place their trust in our full continuum of care.

We are proud to be a community that is built to feel as though it is tailor-made for each of our residents.

Health & Wellness Navigation Program

For our senior living residents, living life to the fullest is easier with the Health and Wellness Navigation program. We provide access to total wellness programming, management and coordination for any healthcare need inside or outside of our CCRC.

With our Health and Wellness Navigation, trained wellness Navigators partner with residents to anticipate needs and address them. This includes assisting residents with day-to-day nutrition, fitness, and tailored activities. Not only does this program enrich the lives of our residents, but it also offers families the peace of mind that comes with knowing their loved one’s needs and unexpected health emergencies will be met by a professional who knows just what to do.

Our program takes the burden off of the family member and allows them to rest assured knowing help is always available if a need should arise.

See The Difference at Signature Pointe For Yourself

Signature Pointe is part of the family of senior living and skilled nursing communities managed by Life Care Services™, an LCS Company, in the Dallas area. With more than four decades of proven experience, you can rest easy in knowing that we are fully equipped to offer our residents more benefits, hospitality and overall satisfaction.

Change is hard – but knowing you are making a positive change for your future and for your loved one’s future, is the most important decision you can make. Bring your loved one to our north Dallas senior living community and see what sets us apart from other options in the area. We are confident you will find our home-like atmosphere inviting and welcoming. Contact us today to schedule a tour to learn more about all our north Dallas senior living community has to offer.

Our community incorporates Virtual Reality into resident activities, offering it twice a week to residents of all cognitive abilities. In addition, we offer a complete continuum of care, so that residents will never have to leave our community, no matter their level of care.

Map of Signature Pointe