Emerson On Harvest Hill

Reviews of Emerson On Harvest Hill

Independent Living Reviews for Emerson On Harvest Hill

December 30, 2015

By Suzanne39

The staff is wonderful and the residents are very friendly at the Treemont Retirement. The food is very good. We do have exercise classes and one class I really enjoy is called think tank were we talk about current events and recall our memories.

April 19, 2015

By Garry3

It is a nice place, but it’s more for independent-living. There is more of a professional level clientele. It’s an older building; their food is good. There were a lot of choices for activities; they had bingo, movie nights, some hobby time, and get-togethers. I would recommend it for independent-living certainly.

November 27, 2014

By Kristy2

We chose here for my dad because we were really pleased with it and to me, when you walked in it was almost like it gave you a homey feeling versus some of the others that we have visited. Also, to be honest, it was also a financial thing. Their staff is wonderful and everyone we've met has been very, very friendly, and they are very helpful. We've had different occasions where I was trying to get my dad set up so he can go and see his wife at Christmas time, and they are just great. They are very helpful with little things -- like I had them coming to do his carpet in his room and they come and clean his place once a week and they are all very, very helpful. He's got his own one-bedroom apartment type thing, but there is no kitchen. It has a little living area, a bedroom, a nice walk-in closet, and a nice little place for him to put his actual dresser. The kitchen is just a sink, a refrigerator, and a microwave, which is just perfect for him. They feed him three meals a day; he goes down there and eat which has been wonderful. He has been very pleased with the food. They have weekly trips to Walmart and the grocery stores, and they also have a weekly trip where they kind of decide where everybody wants to go, and they'll take them to do something like museums or stuff like that. They've got a lot of church things, they have what they call a little happy hour two nights a week where they just all get together in snacks, and they have somebody there that normally just plays music for them and they can dance. They just have all kinds of activities, all kinds of arts and crafts, but they also got a library with the computers and stuff like that. There are lots of trees around, they have areas where they can go outside and sit, little garden areas, and they have little gazebos.

January 31, 2014

By Regina5

It has both independent and assisted living. They also have like a hospital wing as well. Their independent living was set up a little bit more like a hotel. It was independent living but it wasn't set up like apartment complex. It was more like a hotel: all the rooms were sort of down the hall from each other. They were a lot of different floors so that it was a little confusing to find your way around. The rooms were very nice but they were smaller. Overall, it didn't give an independent living feeling for my mother. It felt more like an assisted living facility. Also their kitchenette area was very different. They didn't have a stove. So they didn't offer the same amenities as the other location. We did try the food and it was good. Also the dining area was a clean, neat, and nice orderly place. The staff was excellent. They were incredibly nice and very kind. They spent a lot of time with us and answered all our questions. They were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

October 13, 2013

By Linda70720650

I had a friend here. She liked it there and she was happy. Her room had two bedrooms but it was small. There was a garden in the facility. The food was delicious.

July 31, 2013

By Jane33

My dad stayed in the independent living facility here. He lived by himself when my mom was in their nursing home for a couple of months. It was an older facility. It was also small. Their apartments were very small and very antiquated too. However, my dad liked this facility. He made many friends there. He would go and meet with other people and eat with them. They have a once-a-week happy hour, but I would have to say that they did not have as many events as the other facility. Nevertheless, their community areas were very nice. Actually, everybody there was nice. The staff was also wonderful.

June 08, 2013

By Colleen7

It is a place for older people, sixty-five years old and above. My mother had a fracture in the back so she had to be there. They have a doctor on-call, worked with her in physical therapy and they have an exercise program after she finished her rehab. She's now ready to move out after two and a half months. I'm very impressed that once a week you can get your hair done and they have a lot of entertainment for the patients if they chose to go to them. The rest of the patients are wheelchair bound but they still have opportunities to do things. The staff was kind and loving to her. I'm really impressed with the care they take for their patients.

March 28, 2013

By Caring 4280

It is excellent. My mom is having a great time there. She has a 1 bedroom apartment with a refrigerator, a microwave oven and a cupboard. She gets 3 very good meals a day included in her rent. They have parties, a cinema room, a beauty salon and a beautiful library with computers. They encourage you to bring your pets. They have a dog park. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

Questions about Emerson On Harvest Hill

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Emerson on Harvest Hill has an excellent location close to some of the city’s best shopping and dining options, as well as major medical centers.

What transportation services does Emerson On Harvest Hill offer to independent living residents?

Emerson on Harvest Hill offers transportation within a 10-mile radius through the use of our luxury car and community bus.

If Emerson On Harvest Hill accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

1 Pet under 25 pounds is welcome with a $500 pet deposit.

Does Emerson On Harvest Hill work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Emerson on Harvest Hill offers Personal Assistance Services that provide provide support services such as shower/dressing assistance, medication set up, and laundry at an additional cost.

Costs for Emerson On Harvest Hill

Photos of Emerson On Harvest Hill

Services and Amenities of Emerson On Harvest Hill

• Fee Structure Extra: $1550 Move In Fee; $500 Pet Fee; $500 Second Person Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Emerson On Harvest Hill

"Emerson on Harvest Hill has an exceptionally vibrant, friendly and highly experienced staff that always strives to put our residents first.”

Emerson on Harvest Hill was previously Treemont Retirement Community and was established in 1973. The community has a strong and proud heritage in the Dallas area.

We are centrally located near Preston Hollow, one mile south of the Dallas Galleria on Harvest Hill Road between the North Dallas Tollway and Preston Road. The community is close to the area's best shopping and dining opportunities, as well as major medical centers like Medical City, Presbyterian Dallas and Baylor.

Emerson on Harvest Hill is surrounded by beautiful, mature trees and landscaping with lovely patios and courtyards. Our apartment-style community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. Emerson on Harvest Hill features its own fitness center, library, movie/media room, full-service beauty salon, computer center, convenience store, putting green shuffleboard court, dog park, gardening area and complimentary laundry facilities. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with ceiling fans, walk-in closets, individual climate control, full kitchens and emergency pull cords. With restaurant-style dining and unsurpassed service, we offer three delicious and nutritious meals daily.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Residents enjoy outings with our transportation services and community programs. Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.

The beautifully landscaped grounds of Emerson On Harvest Hill offer residents plenty of areas to enjoy the great outdoors. The community plans a wide variety of enriching activities, ranging from local outings, educational seminars, worship services, fitness classes and wonderful social parties and events.

Map of Emerson On Harvest Hill