Sunrise of Hillcrest

13001 Hillcrest Road, Dallas, TX 75240
Sunrise of Hillcrest (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 11 days

Please ask about our April Special Incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Hillcrest

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Hillcrest

June 10, 2016

By GYDECYZ

I was not impressed during my tour at Sunrise of Hillcrest. It was an old building, and the staff was just average.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

March 03, 2016

By My3Girls1977

I visited this facility with a good friends who's family member lives her. It was really well maintained, and was really clean. Patrick is the house dog that greeted us upon arriving and this was very special for us. The staff were really friends and genuinely cares for the residents that live in this community. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal we had and was really surprised at all the menu options that are available to the residents that live at the community. I had the opportunity to interact with the Executive Director and she was extremly personably and I was impressed with long she has worked for the company and her expertise in dealing with residents with memory impairments. I would highly recommend this community to anyone looking for an assisted living facility for a loved one

November 28, 2015

By Laura114810250

Sunrise of Hillcrest is nice. I like the people there but the main objection I have is that there isn't a kitchen area. Their price was out of reach, starting at $3,600. I did like the fact that the backyard was designed with foliage. It was nice and looks country. I liked the outside. The facility was clean and well maintained. The rooms weren’t what we want. The dining room was pretty nice.

July 13, 2015

By CJ7

My impression was that Sunrise of Hillcrest was beautiful, and the people seem very caring. The rooms and apartments were very nice. Dad is in the memory care, and I am specifically talking about the memory care. The room is very clean, homey, and comfortable. The staff seems very friendly, caring, connected, and willing to help. I have eaten there, and the food was extremely good. The dining room was lovely. In the memory care, it is a little bit formal, but it is still beautiful with a gorgeous view of trees, it's very clean, and I am very impressed with the kitchen and dining area were not cut off from each other, so the residents can go into the kitchen and interact with staff. They have memory games, they have beautiful grounds there, and they take some outdoors on walks. It is seemed extremely safe and secure. They are going to buzz if they are going to exit. They have beautiful nature view really impressed me, they have a garden room that they can sit in, and they can do some gardening.

July 04, 2015

By TexasSon

I was the primary caregiver for my Mom (she just passed) - we moved her to Sunrise in December 2012 from an assisted living center in Plano. The Plano center said my Mom required too much care. My Mom thrived at Sunrise. Sunrise at Hillcrest is bright, cheery and has never had that "assisted living smell". Patrick, the facility dog, is a fantastic part of the place - he follows my wife around whenever she visits. In her last month, June 2015, while my Mom was on hospice, I spent 16 hours a day at Sunrise of Hillcrest. That gave me the opportunity to really know and understand the staff there on all three shifts. First, the head nurse may be one of the best health care professionals I have ever known. Also, the aides and med techs taking care of my Mom were simply incredible. They perform unpleasant duties with love, care and concern and I was truly amazed to find that was consistently true on even weekends and nights. I looked at eight facilities in finding a place for my Mom after she was asked to leave the facility in Plano. I always thought that my choice of Sunrise was an excellent place for my Mom but my experience being there at the facility during my Mom's last month showed me how amazing Sunrise of Hillcrest really is - my Mom's last years were much better because of the staff at Hillcrest.

December 31, 2014

By Saving Angel

I have a relative living here currently. Horrible. I feel so bad for the residents that don't have someone always checking. The help is so lazy and SLOW. They never respond in a timely manner to the calls. This place is not inexpensive so the help should be more qualified. The head nurse is their saving grace - she truly cares but is only one woman. I would like my relative to move. New Year - new beginnings. Keep looking if considering this place. They reel you in and then forget it!!

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more specifics about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you! Sunrise Team”

September 24, 2013

By David44

My visit at Sunrise has been very good. I like the fact that it is a clean place. Their staff was very cordial and very professional. I like that they were attentive to their residents. It also looked that the residents were being very well cared for

June 07, 2013

By Mary61030850

At Sunrise of Hillcrest, the place was clean, neat and pretty. It's well located. However, there wasn't much activities going on there. We like to do things like play games, do handiwork or visit people, I'm sure there were activities at Sunrise and maybe it's just the time we visited, but the place was unappealing and the staff were unremarkable.

March 01, 2013

By Nana12345

I moved my mother to S at H from another fancy facility but has received MUCH BETTER CARE at Sunrise! Management is kind, caring & available 7 days a week. The staff are kind, friendly & caring. My mother is very active & Sunrise has great parties & celebrates everything possible. The food has improved w healthier options, my mother & her apartment are Lways clean. The firsts AL I picked had a huge walk in closet & big apartment but I've learned the quality if care & activities are WAY MORE IMPORTANT than the room amenities....mom is never in her room except to sleep!!!!

May 19, 2012

By Sabrina B1

I visited this facility because my grandmother has recently relocated there from New Smyrna Beach, Florida. She seems quite happy there and enjoys the company of the other residents. I ate a couple of meals there with her and was surprised to find that the food was comforting and tasty. I decided after visiting Sunrise that I wouldn't mind going there when I am no longer able to care for myself. I like it for my grandma because she is able to maintain a sense of independence in her own room but has all the help and amenities there that she could possibly need. My only complaints are aesthetic- the decor inside is in serious need of an update. The location is convenient, and the rest of my Dallas family members are able to visit her often. She often describes the atmosphere at Sunrise fondly. She seems very happy with the staff and the food.

November 18, 2009

By janet-3

Other concerned individual

Facility is very expensive. Rooms are medium size but nice. Staff is uncertified, but do treat residence great. Meds are a problem in distribution. Best advice - beware and stay alert if you choose Sunrise. Director is a "people pleaser".

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Hillcrest