81 Assisted Living Facilities near Garland, TX
There are 81 Assisted Living Facilities in the Garland area, with 12 in Garland and 69 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Garland is $2,539 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Lancaster with an average starting cost of $2,312.
To help you with your search, browse the 516 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Garland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Garland 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rowlett with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Garland find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Garland, call (855) 863-8283.
12 Assisted Living Facilities in Garland, TX
69 Assisted Living Facilities near Garland, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Garland
Garland, Texas, is a diverse, affordable suburb located in the bustling Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. The safety and economic stability, along with easy access to Dallas, make Garland one of the better DFW suburbs for retirement. Seniors have plenty of options, as 62 assisted living facilities are located in the greater Garland area. Texas AL facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services, divided and licensed into two types of facilities. Type A facilities house residents who are able to follow directions in an emergency and have a higher level of independence. Type B facilities are for those who require staff assistance to evacuate and need overnight care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Garland
- The weather in Garland is desert-like, with hot summers and mild winters. For seniors who need warm, dry air to alleviate health conditions, North Texas climate is ideal.
- The cost of living in Garland is 94.7, based on a US average of 100. This makes it one of the more affordable Dallas suburbs. Healthcare expenses are notably higher than the national average - seniors with chronic health conditions should take note.
- The overall crime rate in Garland is lower than the national average. Garland's violent crime is about two-thirds of the U.S. average; however, property crime is significantly higher than the national average. Much of the property crime in Garland is car break-ins and petty theft, which shouldn't affect many seniors in assisted living communities.
- The Dallas Area Regional Transit system offers reduced rates for seniors. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may also receive the free service. Garland residents have several options for DART transport, including accessible trains and buses as well as several stations in the town.
- The Garland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Vista Hospital and Methodist Family Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Garland, a suburb of Dallas is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Garland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Garland start around $2,522 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Garland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Garland
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services can help seniors find assisted living homes in Garland, Texas, within their budget and that provide the level of care they require. Those with Medicaid, Medicare or SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. The STAR+PLUS serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and also covers the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Garland
Garland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Garland, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Garland
Garland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Garland, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Garland
Review of Mayberry Gardens Assisted Living and Memory Care Homes
I searched for a few months to find a great place for my dad that would be within our budget. I couldn't have hoped for a better place than Mayberry Gardens. Finding it was a true Godsend. They ... Read more
Review of Silver Creek Assisted Living
My visit to Silver Creek was fine. The facilities were very nice and Ryan, the facilities director, was great. Their apartments were set up nicely. If they had a shared apartment that would be some... Read more
Review of Mayberry Gardens Assisted Living and Memory Care Homes
The staff that I dealt with at Mayberry Gardens was very helpful. I actually had tried to move my father in there, but unfortunately I wasn't able to because of his condition. I realized that he ne... Read more