41 Assisted Living Facilities near Rowlett, TX
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rowlett area, with 2 in Rowlett and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rowlett is $2,892 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Garland with an average starting cost of $2,594.
To help you with your search, browse the 248 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rowlett. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rowlett 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kaufman with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rowlett, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rowlett, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rowlett
Considered an eastern suburb of Dallas, Texas, Rowlett is a thriving community with over 62,000 residents, and 10 percent of the citizens are over 65 years old. This community has a small-town feel with many of the founding fathers' descendants still living in town.
Seniors can find 40 assisted living communities in the area and two assisted living facilities within the Rowlett city limits. Assisted living facilities in Texas are overseen and licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services department. The department lists two levels of assisted living communities, Type A facility and Type B facility, with the largest difference in levels based on the residents' ability to be left alone at night.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rowlett
- Seniors and their families can enjoy moderate weather in the winter months with highs in the mid-50s. However, the summer months last around three and a half months and remain hot — with highs in the 80s and 90s — and humid. Active seniors should take special care outdoors in the hottest months.
- Easy access to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit light rail and bus system makes it easy for residents to get around Rowlett. The STAR Transit Senior Shuttle offers separate, free service for seniors from their homes to the public library and community center and back again, offering seniors additional service.
- Seniors on a budget can enjoy living where there isn't a state tax on income. However, sales taxes and property taxes are higher to make up budgetary needs. For seniors, there is a homestead exemption and deductions, depending on circumstances.
- The Rowlett area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Lake Pointe and City Hospital Emergency Care Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Rowlett is a little more than 18 percent higher than the national average. The cost of healthcare, utilities and groceries are below the national average, making it more affordable for low-income seniors.
- When compared to the national average, Rowlett enjoys a crime rate that's 29 percent lower and 35 percent lower than the state average. This makes this community a safe place for seniors and their families.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rowlett
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Rowlett start around $2,892 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rowlett and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rowlett
Seniors in Rowlett can get some help with costs associated with assisted living through the Star+Plus waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rowlett
Rowlett and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rowlett, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Rowlett Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rowlett
Rowlett-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rowlett
Review of Mercer Place
Mercer Place was OK, but they were quite a bit higher than what we ended up paying at the other place. The room was not big, but it was OK. I think they have a full kitchen, a refrigerator, and a m... Read more
Review of Mercer Place
Mercer Place was excellent. They're very friendly, and the residents were smiling. It's clean. It was a little over my budget, so I wouldn't have chosen them for that reason, but other than that, I... Read more
Review of The Oaks at Liberty Grove
If you are looking for a place that will treat you or your loved one like family, I highly suggest this facility. The director Shannon is attentive to all needs and has the resident's best interes... Read more