18 Assisted Living Facilities near Rockwall, TX
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rockwall area, with 3 in Rockwall and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rockwall is $3,546 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Rowlett with an average starting cost of $3,487.
To help you with your search, browse the 118 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rockwall. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rockwall 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rowlett with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Rockwall find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rockwall, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rockwall, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rockwall
Rockwall, Texas, is an outdoorsy, peaceful suburb located in the bustling Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. A safe community with proximity to the City of Dallas makes Rockwall an attractive choice for retirees. There are three assisted living facilities in Rockwall proper, with 58 others in the nearby suburbs.
In Rockwell as in all of Texas, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services and licensed based on residents' ability to evacuate the facility in an emergency and whether nighttime attendance is necessary. The Type A facilities house residents who are able to follow directions in an emergency; Type B facilities are for those who require staff assistance to evacuate.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rockwall
Weather in North Texas means long, hot summers and mild winters. Those with health conditions that are alleviated by warm weather will find relief, but the stifling summer air can be a concern for seniors with respiratory problems.
- The cost of living in Rockwall is 110.2, based on a US average of 100. Healthcare expenses are notably higher than the national average - seniors with chronic health conditions should take note. Grocery costs are slightly lower than the national average.
- The crime rate in Rockwall is almost on par with the national average. Rockwall's violent crime is slightly under the U.S. average; property crime keeps pace with the national average. Seniors are advised to take precautions with their persons and possessions.
- Rockwall residents have several options for public transportation. The STAR Transit system provides public transportation between the far eastern DFW suburbs, including transportation tie DART stations. The Dallas Area Regional Transit system offers reduced rates for seniors. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may also receive the free service.
- The Rockwall area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Emergency Medical Center and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Rockwall, a suburb of Dallas is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rockwall
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Rockwall start around $3,546 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rockwall and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rockwall
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services can help seniors find assisted living homes in Rockwall, Texas, within their budget and that provide the level of care they require. Those with Medicaid, Medicare or SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. The STAR+PLUS serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and also covers the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rockwall
Rockwall and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rockwall, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rockwall
Rockwall-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rockwall, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rockwall
Review of Brookdale Summer Ridge
My father has been in Brookdale Summer Ridge for a couple of weeks now, and he seems to be doing OK there. He has not called me and complained about anything. The apartment is clean, and he has som... Read more
Review of Rock Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care
Rock Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care was clean, and I didn't see anything that was significantly out of place. The staff sat there and helped everybody if they needed it. Nothing's complete... Read more
Review of Lakeshore Assisted Living and Memory Care
Even before Covid, the communication from admin was poor and the staff to resident ratio low. With covid, the poor families were left believing and hoping their loved ones were being cared for. ... Read more