Brookdale Summer Ridge

Reviews of Brookdale Summer Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Summer Ridge

July 31, 2013

By Mary64991950

It was a good value. It was a nice facility with caring and knowledgeable people. I thought it would be a good fit for my mother. They had a menu with two sides. On one side it showed what they were having that day and on the other side, it had what would be available that week, if you did not want what was available that day.

July 31, 2013

By Adam4

My mother is at Emeritus at Summer Ridge. It is a very nice home. It is very clean, and well-maintained. There is a landscape inside the building. The staff was great and if I had any challenges, all I had to do was talk to the person who heads that group and they would take care of it. For the meals, they give you two entrees to choose from. You can pick your own side dish which is very nice. They constantly have something going on every day to keep the people busy. They have exercise activities, bingo and movies. They take them shopping.

April 24, 2013

By MIKO14

Other

I am a physical therapist working for a local home health care agency. I see patients daily in their homes in the community and many assisted living facilities in the area. There is no question in my mind that Summer Ridge provides the best care in the area. The facility itself if decorated beautifully and is kept immaculately clean. There is no "institutional" odor. The residents are as busy as they would like to be with a variety of activities offered to keep them active and engaged. The staff is the BEST!! Truly caring, dedicated individuals who are interested and devoted to the residents. I would, and do, recommend Summer Ridge to anyone who has reached the time in their life when they are in need of additional care.

March 29, 2013

Their apartments in Emeritus were dark, at least the ones they took as to. They're smaller compared to the ones my mother's in. I think their place is clean and they have good staff. I suggest that they update the place, paint it and brighten things up.

July 30, 2012

By LuAnn1

Summer Ridge Assisted living is a great place for the elderly to have a wonderful experience in continuing to live which with the same if not better in the ways they lived before having to go to such a facility. There staff is wonderful and accommodating to their every need but at the same time allowing them to some what take care of themselves and their spaces (rooms) to their own desires. It is nice to see such wonderful people helping our elderly and families continue living in an enriching way. The facility itself is beautiful with peaceful places for the residents to rest or do fun activities with others.

February 16, 2012

By JJohnson

The care at this facility seemed sufficent. Nothing spectacular but not exactly lacking. I had seen mine grand mother in worse nuring homes before. This one thank God lacked the distinct smell of stale urine and defecate. I would be under the assumption that this facility is cleaner than the others. Also, she does not complain about the food as she did at other homes. A lot of people assume its just elderly taste buds not functioning properly, but I have tasted some of the slop they serve at other homes. It is dreadful. The staff here is generally nice and will cater to the elderlys requests without belittling them. They of course have doctors on site that will frequent the residents. A church service is offered on Sundays and also a nice recreation area that helps them pass the time. All in all it is a decent facility to live out your last years on Earth.

Questions about Brookdale Summer Ridge

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Summer Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are engaged in the community. Many of them need care with ADL's, but are ambulatory or self propelled with assistive devices. Our residents enjoy playing games, engage in Veteran's group, or enjoy the beautiful courtyard.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Summer Ridge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The residents enjoy spending time in our courtyard or visiting with each other during a game of bingo or crafting. We have a book club and veterans group as well as an avid football following.

What places are near Brookdale Summer Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Nearby, residents can access shopping centers, grocery stores, fast food restaurants and dollar stores. Additionally, we are very close to Lake Ray Hubbard.

What transportation services does Brookdale Summer Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

We offer supportive services with medication administration, support with activities of daily living such as showering, dressing and bathroom assistance. We also offer transportation to medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Summer Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining services manager has a passion for serving and takes pride in every meal. Our residents have said that our dining room experience is pleasant, with spacious seating and delicious meals. Our residents have the opportunity to enter menu requests that we honor within 10 days.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Summer Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

Our exterior doors are secure with delayed egress and secure after hours (with a doorbell for entry after hours).

How does Brookdale Summer Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our executive director communicates updates via email, phone and text to our family members. Families can also follow us on social media to see pictures posted daily.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Summer Ridge during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our care to resident ratio depends on our resident care needs. At Brookdale, we staff according to acuity, not residents. If our residents need more time for care, we add staffing hours to meet the needs of the resident population. We meet and most often exceed the state minimum requirements for staffing.

If Brookdale Summer Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept pets. Several of our residents have pets that live with them in their apartment.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our team engages in monthly in-service training based on the state requirements and unique needs of our current resident population.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Summer Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

Our exterior doors are equipped with delay egress. Additionally, our residents' care needs are addressed every 6 months or upon change of condition/hospitalization.

Photos of Brookdale Summer Ridge

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Summer Ridge

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Summer Ridge

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Summer Ridge