Brookdale Farmers Branch

Brookdale Farmers Branch (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Farmers Branch

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Farmers Branch

March 23, 2015

I liked Brookdale, but my mother has very limited funds, and they did not have anything that would help her. It was something local that I looked at. It did not have the financial assistance that she needed, it was not available there, and it was not her hometown.

January 17, 2015

By anonymous104567550

Brookdale Farmers Branch was a beautiful facility. It was very pleasant inside, and the decorations were nice. It was not crowded, and it was very clean. The rooms were very nice and lovely. The staff was very fantastic, and they have different activities. The food was very good, and they have different choices to pick from. The dining area was very nice, and it was very bright. The waiters were wonderful.

October 02, 2014

By K Walker

I would have l liked the director to be present at my visit. It was a surprise for them when I showed up.

April 22, 2014

We moved Mom at Emeritus at Farmers Branch. We chose this facility because of the price, and they take Medicaid when she runs out of money. They will keep her and help her file all the paperwork and get ready for that. Everything has been just right so far. The staff were very friendly. The apartment that she has is great. They offered lots of things for her to do. So far, Mom is very pleased with the food, and she loves her stay there. I had a few issues with getting her medication on time, but I think that is going to be worked out, as she has just been there for a couple of weeks.

October 28, 2013

By Priscilla4

I just thought that Emeritus needs to be updated because it might be hard when your parents have a nice home to move them into a place that's not so nice. Regarding staff, they only have one person at the time we visited but she was very helpful. Emeritus at Farmers Branch actually used to be a hotel. So that was another thing. Their rooms were like hotel rooms where you have one room with a bathroom to the side. So if you can picture a hotel room in your mind wherein you have a kitchen, a den, and a bedroom all within that rectangle. It was just a difficulty configuration.

March 26, 2013

By Family & Friends

Philip Is Awesome. He Was Born To Care For The Aging. Phillip is such a kind loving person towards all of the residents. I can see how all of the residents adore him. I can also see that all of the employees seem to think highly of him. He has been so kind and loving to Margaret, and she adores him. He may be the Executive Director, but I have seen him vaccuming the hallway, and being hand ons with all of the residents; and helping his employees. Everyone who works at Emeritus Farmers Branch are kind and loving people. So James, Phyllis and Laura want to say Thank You. I am going to post this on a few sites because people need to know what a great place Emeritus Of FB is. Kudos to everyone.

February 29, 2012

Other

My mom was a previous resident of this facility. I felt like it was a good experience. Sometimes her room would be dirty. I'd clean it. Afterward I'd think why did I have to clean her room when we pay all this money to have it maintained. It seemed that my mother was always laying down when my sister and I went to visit. We ultimately decided that it was easier to bring her home. She seemed to be ending up in the hospital more while she was under their care. Not to mention that the cost was sucking up her retirement.. fast!

October 13, 2011

By berry1

When I first walked in it was real nice and clean. I was greeted right away by the staff. The had a wonderful outside area and the rooms were a nice size. There was a nice area for the family to go when the visit and it was pretty full at the time. I liked this place because it was worm and the staff were caring and will to help. The one thing I did not like about it was the lack of activity's the had. I think that they could have a little more to do then just cards,bingo and TV. They could have a dance night or even let them cook something easy but fun. They could also have a night were they can go out to Black Eyed Pea or Apple Bees just to get out and do something new. Over all It is a great place and I would help out again anytime.

July 17, 2008

By Kay Paggi

Other concerned individual

Village Oaks is laid out in a square, with 4 halls, one for each side of the square. One of the halls is a secure dementia care unit. Each room is a companion room. Staff ratio here is better than in main section, and staff has some training in dementia care.

Questions about Brookdale Farmers Branch

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Farmers Branch. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents average from 75-90 years old. We have residents that are retired teachers, bankers, businessman and nurses. Our residents enjoy our theater room, playing games together and going on outings. We have a huge courtyard that is loved by all!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Farmers Branch offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise, ESL partnership with a local elementary school, pet therapy and movie nights.

What places are near Brookdale Farmers Branch or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located on the main thoroughfare in a residential area in East Farmers Branch (North Dallas) and have several shopping centers within 1 mile.

What transportation services does Brookdale Farmers Branch offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus that offers transportation as needed for our residents. We also use the bus for outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Farmers Branch exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining manager prides himself on his love of food! He loves to cook hearty meals for our residents. He takes resident requests and works to incorporate resident favorites onto the menu. Fried catfish is one of the favorites.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Farmers Branch offer to assisted living residents?

Our community exterior doors are secure with keypad entry. We are staffed with awake caregivers 24 hours/day.

How does Brookdale Farmers Branch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our ED communicated monthly via Zoom meetings, email, phone calls, and texts. Our concierge is available 7 days/week to connect with if any family has questions.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Farmers Branch during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing ratio varies based on resident acuity. We staff higher than the state-required minimum.

If Brookdale Farmers Branch accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we have a resident who owns a parrot "Jack Sparrow". He loves to roam the courtyard. We also have residents who own cats/dogs.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Annual in-service training 12+ hours plus added COVID training monthly.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Farmers Branch provide to protect residents who wander?

We have secured doors with keypad entry. The doors are secure 24 hours/day. Although we are not a memory care community, we do accommodate residents that have mild cognitive impairment.

Photos of Brookdale Farmers Branch

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Farmers Branch

• Housing Extra: Private Suite/Shared Bath

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Farmers Branch

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Farmers Branch