McKinney is a suburb of Dallas, Texas, situated north of the city center. It’s a family-friendly area, with world-class health care, including Baylor, Scott, & White Hospital. About 10% of McKinney’s population of 199,000 are seniors aged 65 and older, an age group who may benefit from the area’s moderate nursing home costs. McKinney seniors can expect to pay an average of $5,171 per month, which is significantly lower than the national average of $7,756, according to Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey 2020

Nursing homes provide 24-hour supervision and medical care for people unable to care for themselves or manage their medical conditions at home. These long-term care facilities provide medical treatment as needed from licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants, plus help with mobility, personal grooming, eating and continence care from trained attendants. Because of these extra services, nursing homes have higher monthly costs than other kinds of elder care. Individuals who don’t require 24-7 medical care may find that home health care or assisted living accommodations are a better fit.

This guide explores the cost of senior care in McKinney in more detail. It also lists local resources that may help seniors and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Mckinney, TX

Baybrooke Village Care and Rehab Center

8300 Eldorado Parkway West, Mckinney, TX, 75070

I would like to comment on my recent stay at Baybrooke Village and the kind and the expert care of one tech. Miss Denise made my stay there the best it could be. She is both professional and the m … (read more)

Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

253 ENTERPRISE DR, Mckinney, TX, 75069

I am a resident at Mckinney Health are and Rehab and it’s been a good stay. I would love to go home but I need help and this is the best place to be to give me the help I need. Holly has helped me s … (read more)

Park Manor of Mckinney

1801 Pearson Avenue, Mckinney, TX, 75069

My mother is in a nursing home called Park Manor of McKinney. It is awful. The staff members are nice, but the rooms are awful. Today they had an Elvis impersonator singing and it was nice. The reside … (read more)

North Park Health and Rehabilitation Center

1720 N MCDONALD, Mckinney, TX, 75069

Have a friend in the locked unit. The nurses are nice but the building is in bad shape. The bathrooms are not kept up. paint and the wall plaster is falling off. Toilet was broke and the seat was fall … (read more)

Belterra Health & Rehab

2170 North Lake Forest Drive, Mckinney, TX, 75071

This place is HORRIBLE!!! Stay FAR away!! My grandmother moved in here directly from the hospital and ESCAPED on her first day. She was brought back to the facility by a McKinney police officer after … (read more)

The Belmont At Twin Creeks

999 RAINTREE CIRCLE, Allen, TX, 75013

I felt I needed to write a review, because I know that many times reviews on nursing homes are only done when there are problems and no nursing home is perfect. However, the Belmont is truly a wonderf … (read more)

Stonemere Rehabilitation Center

11855 Lebanon Rd, Frisco, TX, 75035

My wife and I became ‘Resadents of Stonemere Rehab Center in June of this year, {2021]. PRIOR TO COMING HERE, WE HAD LIVED IN 2 OTHER SENIOR CENTERS. We must make note that of the Three places we hav … (read more)

Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

1420 McCreary Road, Wylie, TX, 75098

My mom and dad were both at Garnet Hill, so I’m really quite familiar with it. Also, my brother was actually in Garnet Hill back in the fall, so I was up there recently. It’s very clean, and very nice … (read more)

Victoria Gardens of Frisco

10700 ROLATER DR, Frisco, TX, 75035

My dad is at Victoria Gardens of Frisco for rehab. We chose it because it was probably the closest one for everybody to get to. He’s been there almost five weeks now, but they are not doing the rehab … (read more)

The Park In Plano

3208 THUNDERBIRD LN, Plano, TX, 75075

My 87 year old sister was in this facility. She had multiple health issues & initially went in for rehab. It is an older facility but I was immediately drawn to the staff. They were all so friendl … (read more)

Victoria Gardens of Allen

310 S Jupiter Rd, Allen, TX, 75002

People try hard and do their best to please residents. Therapy is a big help for those who need it. Management is great because they explain details of a bill or if you need advice. Paven goes past he … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Mckinney, Texas

Nursing home costs in McKinney are $5,171 per month for a semiprivate room and $6,692 per month for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using the costs provided by Genworth Financial’s Cost of Care Survey 2020 for a semiprivate room in a nursing home to compare, McKinney’s fees are slightly higher than the Texas average of $5,019 but significantly lower than the national average of $7,756 per month.

When compared to most nearby cities, the monthly cost of nursing home care is higher in McKinney by a few hundred dollars. Costs in Tyler, Sherman and Waco are all less, at $4,775, $4,494 and $4,745, respectively. The state capital of Austin is closest in cost to McKinney at $5,201 per month.

$5171

Tyler

$5201

Austin

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Comparing the cost of all the available senior care options in McKinney can be beneficial. Adult day care is the least expensive at $1,571 per month. Home care and home health care services can allow seniors to age in place in their homes, both of which cost $4,385 per month. Assisted living averages $4,400, which is considerably less than the $5,171 and $6,692 monthly averages for semiprivate and private nursing home accommodations.

$4385

Adult day health care

$4400

Assisted living

$5171

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6692

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for McKinney was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Dallas, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Mckinney, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Mckinney, Texas

ResourceContactService
The Senior Source(214) 823-5700The Senior Source offers resources for Collin County seniors and their families and caregivers. Its mission is to enhance the financial and emotional well-being of seniors in the community through outreach programs. Staff here can provide education about budgeting for retirement and financial planning and help families find the right fit for long-term care. Help for caregivers, including respite care, is also available. Representatives also host educational sessions about preventing elder fraud and spotting signs of neglect or abuse for those in assisted living or nursing home facilities.
North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging(800) 272-3921The local Agency on Aging offers various programs to help local seniors and their families. Seminars about health and nutrition, including information about fall prevention, preparing healthy meals and health screenings, are scheduled throughout the year. Other resources include helping families find the right option and access financial assistance for long-term care. The AAA also funds Meals on Wheels and provides personalized counseling for private and public benefits, including Medicaid, Medicare savings programs and long-term care insurance.
Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman(800) 252-2412The Ombudsman advocates for the rights of people in long-term care facilities, including nursing homes and investigates and helps resolve resident and family complaints. The Ombudsman’s office also works with state and local governments to create stricter regulations regarding living conditions and the training and certification of staff in these facilities.
Dallas County Veterans Services(972) 692-4939Staff at the Dallas County Veterans Services office assist senior veterans and their families in determining the VA and state benefits they’re entitled to and filing applications and appeals. Financial benefits may include disability compensation, pensions and pension top-up programs such as Aid and Attendance and the Housebound Allowance.
Legal Aid of Northwest Texas  (214) 748-1234Legal Aid of Northwest Texas provides pro bono civil legal services for individuals who meet certain income guidelines. Assistance can include representation in cases of elder abuse and neglect, fraud or landlord-tenant disputes. Staff of this nonprofit law firm may also draft wills, living wills and trusts to ensure that seniors’ finances are protected and their healthcare and long-term care choices are honored in the event they can’t advocate for themselves.