Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

Reviews of Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

Nursing Home Reviews for Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

January 16, 2018

By Rcwk

Rehab staff were excellent everything else was horrible! My Mother was placed with another patient that cried and yelled for help day and night. It took 2 days to get my Mother moved. The facility knew this was a problem because it happened to other patients before my Mother. My Mother was frantic with no sleep and from hearing the other patient cry in pain before she was finally moved. Portable oxygen concentrators and portable tanks are only oxygen for patients. My Mother was left with a machine that quit working; staff finally gave one that was so loud it disturbed her and her roommate so left with no sleep. After much complaining, a new machine was given. I witnessed a patient being treated in a very rough manner and did report this to an administrator. It was terrible to witness. Another patients medication was almost given to my Mother. Fortunately, my Mother asked who the medication was for and the error was stopped. Each time medication was given, she or I asked what it was and there were times the medication tech said he didn't know and would have to go back to check. It was typical to wait an hour to get anyone to respond to a call for assistance. It was hard to get a shower provided. After one shower, the dirty towels were left on the floor for a day and a half. There are so many other issues, but suffice it to say it was a disappointing experience and I am so sad I place my loved on at this facility. If you need outpatient rehab therapy, I would recommend that. In patient, take caution!

March 29, 2017

By Carolyn121125

Garnet Hill is a big and nice facility. The lady we talked to was very helpful and talked to us about putting Mother on Medicaid, but without Medicaid, it would be a money factor. They had two hallways for memory care and three or four hallways for assisted care. I was getting lost getting around in the building, and it was kind of confusing because it was so big. The people are all friendly, nice, and helpful

February 17, 2017

By blondemon

They do an excellent job of helping you navigate nursing home care. The therapy department is a specially caring and truly wants to help your loved one. I found that as I regularly spoke to the staff they were happy to help me in any way possible. I feel like my mother is getting genuine care.

June 13, 2015

By Husband of the patient

My wife lived in GARNET HILLS for approximately 50 days. She was admitted to the rehabilitation ward as the results of a heart attack. She received the best of service and care of any skilled nursing facility she has been in (seven total) in several years. The nursing care was excellent and very customer focused. She was in the ward referred to as CHRYTAL POINT which was supervised by Judy the ADN. Every department of the management staff were vey customer focused and responded immediately to clients requests. I had business dealings with the Director of Admissions, Director of Social Services, Director of Physical Therapy, Director of Maintenance and the Assistant Administrator and I found them to be the best at their responsibilies. I retired from a very large corporation and have experience many different types of management and I would put GARNET HILLS and Jim Heath's management group number 1..

November 09, 2012

By L.D.

Garnet Hills is absolutely beautiful on the outside and inside. My mother (77) is in there for rehabilitation on her ankle that she shattered during a fall. She can have no weight bearing on her ankle what so ever so my only complaint about Garnet Hills is they have her in diapers since she can't get out of bed on her own to go to the restroom. They will let her sit in her own urine or feces for hours until she calls me and I call and gripe the place out for letting this go on. So if you want one of your loved ones not to sit in feces or urine I would think twice before using this place. It's a beautiful place but looks can be deceiving.

August 27, 2012

By Love18

Garnet Hill is a beautiful facility. The outer structure of the building is gorgeous. When you enter there is a piano and a bird habitat that makes you feel at home. The cafeteria is big and has planned meal times and a menu, making it feel like a restaurant. There are monthly resident activities scheduled and daily events! My one complaint would be cleanliness. I feel they should scrub the toilets better and change the resident's diapers more often. I do believe my grandfather is enjoying is time there and that makes me happy.

About Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care

Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care is a senior living provider in Wylie, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care for more details on services and rates.

Map of Garnet Hill Rehabilitation and Skilled Care