Frisco is a desirable suburban community located 30 miles north of Dallas. With 200,000 residents, a 70% increase compared to the previous decade. Frisco is one of the country’s fastest-growing cities. Although seniors represent just 8.4% of the population, about half the national average, the community is a smart choice for nursing home residents. According to Genworth Financial, the cost of skilled nursing in Frisco is about one-third lower than the national average at $5,171 per month.

Seniors considering skilled nursing have other options. Medicaid waivers can help pay for personal care in an assisted living facility as long as seniors require an institutional level of care and meet financial requirements. Medicare may cover the cost of services offered by a home health care agency. These services include physical therapy, medical social services, home health aides and intermittent skilled nursing.

This guide features a price comparison of skilled nursing in cities near Frisco, the other types of care available and a list of resources that serve older adults and family caregivers.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Frisco, TX

Stonemere Rehabilitation Center

11855 Lebanon Rd, Frisco, TX, 75035

Hello All: My sister was at Stonemere many many times for Rehabilitation when she ended in the hospital and they would turn her around in 2 weeks and she would go back to her home. Then lately s … (read more)

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation – Frisco

2990 Legacy Drive, Frisco, TX, 75034

Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation was excellent. It was clean and modern. The nurses and the physical therapy people were great. I would recommend it to anybody. I got well very quickly there. The r … (read more)

Prairie Estates

1350 MAIN ST, Frisco, TX, 75034

Other than the one or two nurses that are actually good at their jobs, this place is awful. I can’t tell you how many times they have left my mother in bed all day long. She will call and call and c … (read more)

Victoria Gardens of Frisco

10700 ROLATER DR, Frisco, TX, 75035

mom moved here after developing sepsis at another Nursing home. She was admitted during the omicron surge in early Dec, the facility has been very attentive to regularly test employees/residents and … (read more)

The Plaza at Richardson

1301 Richardson Drive, Richardson, TX, 75080

I went to visit a friend at Plazza Richardson, the front part looks good and clean then when I went to the room they are not clean and the trash was full with diapers and had a bad smell for the room … (read more)

Signature Pointe

14655 PRESTON RD, Dallas, TX, 75254

My mom has moved into Signature Pointe. So far, we are very pleased with the place. She’s getting great respiratory therapy, great swallow therapy, and great physical therapy. However, the parking is … (read more)

The Legacy At Willow Bend

6101 Ohio Drive, Plano, TX, 75024

We had a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE at this facility. My mother-in-law spent 29 days at the Healthcare and Rehab Center. During this time she spent 4 nights in the hospital for a severe UTI. The facility/sta … (read more)

San Remo

3550 N Shiloh Rd, Richardson, TX, 75082

There are three male nurses in the Covid unit. They were not very responsive when I needed them. I had to go to the bathroom and pull the red cord if I n deed help. When I moved to the fr … (read more)

Baybrooke Village Care and Rehab Center

8300 Eldorado Parkway West, Mckinney, TX, 75070

THE ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF, NURSING STAFF, REHABILITATIVE STAFF, DIETARY STAFF, REHAB PHYSICIANS, HOUSE PHYSICIANS, ACTIVITIES, PATIENT/RESIDENT TRANSPORT SERVICES, HOUSEKEEPING STAFF ARE THE VERY BEST. … (read more)

The Belmont At Twin Creeks

999 RAINTREE CIRCLE, Allen, TX, 75013

My wife was there for 3 weeks. Very short staffed. Except for one aid, most of the staff acted like they were doing you a favor to help. Food was not good. When my wife was discharged we found a half … (read more)

Highland Springs

7910 Frankford Road, Dallas, TX, 75252

Life Care Center of Plano

3800 W PARK BLVD, Plano, TX, 75075

"A BIG "F -" RATING First and foremost, allow me to say that I’m sorry for the delay in doing this. I was mentally and physically drained not so much from my mothers’ condition, but more so the un … (read more)

Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community

1111 West Shore Drive, Richardson, TX, 75080

Cottonwood Creek Healthcare Community is located in Richardson, Texas. The warm, homey atmosphere impresses visitors, as do the facility’s grounds which feature a number of gardens and courtyards. Res … (read more)

The Healthcare Resort of Plano

3325 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX, 75075

Loved it. I continued with outpatient therapy after my Discharge. Absolutely good place to be mostly if you have complex medical needs. I absolutely loved the staff and enjoyed my stay there

Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center

1618 KIRBY RD, Carrollton, TX, 75006

Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center is located in Carrollton, Texas. Long-term residents enjoy the activities and find that they have plenty to do. They find the food to be good and enjoy outi … (read more)

Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

2460 Marsh Lane, Plano, TX, 75093

When we placed my grandma in the facility in October of 2019 they were extremely nice and helpful. Fortunately I was able to see her 2 to 3 times a day 7 days a week no matter what up until March 10, … (read more)

Vista Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

700 E VISTA RIDGE MALL DR, Lewisville, TX, 75067

Great Facility! rooms are always clean, the facility offers all the basic amenities to have a good stay

Lake Village Inc Dba Lake Village Nursing and Reha

169 LAKE PARK RD, Lewisville, TX, 75057

My father was in a rehab facility called Lake Village. We chose this rehab facility because it was just close to my mother’s home so she could visit him there. His room was clean. With regard to the p … (read more)

Mckinney Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

253 ENTERPRISE DR, Mckinney, TX, 75069

I am a resident at Mckinney Health are and Rehab and it’s been a good stay. I would love to go home but I need help and this is the best place to be to give me the help I need. Holly has helped me s … (read more)

Park Manor of Mckinney

1801 Pearson Avenue, Mckinney, TX, 75069

My husband has been a resident at Park Manor since November 2021. The food is pretty good, like home cooked meals. My husband doesn’t participate in Activities but Karen is very good at her job. His r … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Frisco, Texas

Nursing homes in Frisco typically charge $5,171 per month for a semiprivate room. Rates increase by $1,521 to $6,692 for private accommodations.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Skilled nursing in Frisco costs $2,585 less than the national average of $7,756, a 33% savings. However, rates are about $150 higher than the state median of $5,019, and the city is relatively expensive compared to other metropolitan areas in north Texas. Seniors in Tyler pay $396 less based on average rates of $4,775. Prices in Wichita Falls drop to $4,502, followed by Sherman at $4,494. In Abilene, facilities charge just $4,380, which saves residents approximately $790 per month.

$5171

Tyler

$4380

Abilene

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

At $5,171 per month, rates for a semiprivate nursing home room in Frisco are only $771 higher than assisted living, which costs $4,400 per month. However, a private room may cost as much as $6,692. Home care and home health care average the same at $4,385 per month, but this figure doesn’t include room and board. Seniors who want to remain in their own homes can join an adult day health care group for the budget-friendly price of $1,571.

$4385

Adult day health care

$4400

Assisted living

$5171

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6692

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Frisco was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Dallas, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Frisco, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Frisco, Texas

Transitioning to a skilled nursing facility is a major decision. Fortunately, seniors in Frisco have access to a variety of programs to guide them through the process and help them live safely in the community until they’re ready to take the next step.

ResourceContactService
North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging(800) 272-3921Seniors and caregivers in Frisco who want to learn more about nursing home care and community-based supports can contact the Area Agency on Aging at the North Central Texas Council of Governments for advice. It provides information, application assistance and referrals for seniors who need institutional care or prefer to age in place. A specially trained long-term care ombudsman is available to assist individuals who have questions or concerns about long-term care facilities.
City of Frisco Demand Response Public Transit(940) 243-0077The City of Frisco partners with the Denton County Transportation Authority to provide curb-to-curb Demand Response rides to seniors aged 65 and older. It also serves disabled adults and individuals of all ages who need transportation to access medical care or pick up prescriptions. Rides cost $3 each way within Frisco or $5 if traveling to designated areas in Plano. Scheduling is required at least 24 hours in advance.
Meals On Wheels Collin County(972) 562-6996Seniors in Frisco are served by Meals On Wheels Collin County and Meals On Wheels Denton County. These programs provide a nutritionally balanced midday meal with wholesome sides designed to meet one-third of seniors’ daily nutritional needs. Meal deliveries are available to seniors aged 60 and older and disabled adults who are homebound and unable to prepare their own food. Grab-and-go lunches are available at congregate dining sites in and around Frisco. Donations are suggested.
The Grove at Frisco Commons(972) 292-6550The Grove at Frisco Commons is an innovative 30,000-square-foot senior center offering recreational activities, health and wellness fairs and travel opportunities to area residents. Annual memberships cost $50 for local seniors, and month-to-month plans are available. The center features classrooms, bocce ball and pickleball courts, walking trails and a Friendship Café. Free transportation is available to and from the center if you’re unable to travel on your own.