The Waterford at Plano

Reviews of The Waterford at Plano

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Plano

September 06, 2017

By ML

I thought The Waterford would be comfortable for my mother. The food in the independent living facility was pretty good, however, I was told that the food in the assisted living part was horrible. They have a small library and a hair salon. They don't attend to my mother, she has an infection that needs to be treated twice a day, seven days a week, but they only attend to it on the day that they help her shower. I've had differences with the medical help. I've seen the Bingo, it's really good, there's an arts and crafts area, and it looked like the people who attended, enjoyed it.

Ml, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. We have made positive changes and would love an opportunity to make another impression.

January 11, 2017

By Kathleen863621

The Waterford at Plano was my favorite facility. The facility was very welcoming and nice. I think they are going to do some updating to the rooms. The dining area was very nice. It seemed like everybody was at home and enjoying themselves. Alison, who showed me around, explained that the larger meal is at lunch because that’s easier and better for the seniors. They had a salad bar where you can go and pick out whatever you want, which was nice. They found out that their residents were getting injured doing heavy exercise, so they decided to close that exercise room and turn it into a theater room. They have another room where you can do exercises, but it doesn’t have an elliptical or that kind of exercise equipment. She showed me a room for my dad that wasn’t quite ready and another room that had already been updated and was very nice. Alison reserved a room for my dad, and my dad has decided to move in with his stepdaughter. You can start out with independent living, and then if you need to be move to assisted living, it is in the same facility. It would be an easy transition to not have to pack up and move to a different facility.

October 05, 2016

By Megan565701

We chose The Waterford as it was very active, and there’s a lot of younger seniors -- which is what we wanted for my mom -- but it was just a very caring facility, and I liked it a lot. I like the atmosphere, and the rooms were very nice.

June 30, 2016

By BH462826

The staff at The Waterford at Plano appeared to be just fine and very friendly. The amenities were very nice. The dining area was very nice and very clean. We visited the rooms, and the rooms were fantastic, but it was out of our price range.

April 06, 2016

By Dalbinowski

I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this place. First and foremost I really don't know what I would have done with the caring and loving support of the Director- Ali, she went far and above what you would ever expect from anyone. She genuinely cares! She gave me direction information for my parent to be successful living independently, such as Senior Helpers and Baylor House calls. (who were also just as wonderful) Even though my parents time there was short due to many medical issues, I am happy that they had such a warm loving and caring place to be for awhile. Everyone there is wonderful they don't just "work" there they really do care about their residents. It's a clean comfortable homey environment great activities great dining/meals. You really wouldn't have to worry about your loved ones here. I highly recommend it!

January 15, 2016

By caringdaughter123

My mom really likes the Waterford; she’s been there for three years now. We were trying to find something that might be a little less expensive because things have changed financially for our family, but that never happened because it’s a really good place, so that’s why we’re staying there. Another reason is because my mom has made so many friends there that it was like, “Okay, at this point, is it really worth moving her?" Everything’s good. The staff is really caring; if there’s any issue at all, you just call, and they take care of it right away. The food is basic, nothing fancy. The facility is very nice.

July 20, 2015

I visited The Waterford at Plano, and the staff was friendly. What I just didn’t like was the assisted living area; it just didn’t look right to me. The apartments were nice, but I didn’t like the carpet.

February 25, 2015

I visited The Waterford. I enjoyed talking to the young lady, but I couldn't remember what her title was. She was very friendly, and she took her time. My mother actually changed her mind and decided not to move here. Had she done so, that's where I would like for her to go. I saw one empty room that somebody had moved out of. They were renovating it, and it was a good size. The dining room was nice and cozy. I thought it was safe and secured enough. They had a big and inviting front room area. Overall, it just seemed like a nice place. Generally, what I liked about it was that it was a smaller community. One thing that she mentioned to me that kind of ticked my interest was that a lot of the staff had been there for years, and she mentioned how they worked together as a team. I thought that was nice to hear.

February 23, 2012

By commercesd

We stopped in to check out The Waterford at Plano as we were in the Plano vicinity looking at assisted living options for our aunt. We needed to come earlier than planned, and the staff was friendly and accommodating about that. The grounds were spacious and well kept with plenty of nice seating and areas for the residents to enjoy. We could see how it would be easy to have gatherings there with friends and family. Our aunt would particularly like the garden area, where many of the residents enjoy a peaceful atmosphere. The main rooms were nicely decorated and the residents seemed quite happy with the variety of activities offered, which gets added to as new opportunities arise. The library was well stocked - and we were told that many of the residents are avid readers, like our aunt. The food we saw looked and smelled appetizing. They make every effort to accommodate as many tastes and dietary needs as possible.The snacks offered looked healthy and delicious; the staff encouraged everyone to eat well. Our aunt would really like their menu options, which seemed to have a lot of variety. The activities looked interesting, from local entertainment, to cultural happenings in the region. Residents are encouraged to participate in everything -- from outdoor outings to in-house events. The residents all looked well cared for and happy; we could see our aunt enjoying living here.

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Plano

November 01, 2018

By Julie

My mother moved into the Waterford at Plano. The staff is very personable and very accommodating. The floor plans are very reasonably priced, and they’re spacious enough. The location is perfect for me since it’s accessible on a major highway, and it’s convenient in as far as grocery stores, Target, restaurants, and doctors’ offices. They did have a Halloween gathering the other night, she did go down for that, all the meals are included in the dining hall, and she is in physical therapy 3x a week. They have cookies in the afternoon on certain days, but she hasn’t been able to participate, and they also had a newcomer meet and greet while she was in physical therapy. They need to update the common areas since the carpets are quite old and need to be repaired.

December 18, 2017

By tammy paul

Our school performs during the holiday for the seniors and we find the staff so warm and welcoming. the place is always decorated so festive for the holidays and is very clean. We love our visits here!

July 17, 2017

By Barbara G

The Waterford at Plano didn't have the things I wanted, like a dog park and garage, and it was pretty close to the highway. The staff was very nice. I went just after lunch on a weekend, so I didn't see much happening. They had assisted living there.

December 03, 2016

By Harold013177

I resided in The Waterford at Plano. I thought it was very nice and very clean. It had frequent entertainment. The food service was not real fast, but the quality of the food was very good. I particularly enjoyed the salad bar for lunch, and it was well stocked. My room was very nice. It had been upgraded, and I had marble countertops. The only problem I had with my room was the shower would fall. Other than that, I thought it was a very nice place.

November 08, 2016

By Mary761663

I thought the Waterford was very home-like and had very nice people. I didn’t care for the general neighborhood, but once you’re in the place, it was perfectly fine. The cooking and service for the food was not quite as polished as the other places I went to, but it was remarkably inexpensive. On the whole, I rather liked it. It was clean, and I liked the colors that they used.

August 15, 2016

By Reviewer282864

I liked the layout of The Waterford at Plano. Everything was kind of centralized and navigation was not a problem. The dining area was clean, and I can navigate in there pretty well. The place was well maintained and arranged nicely. They had a really nice courtyard.

June 28, 2016

By Philip307623

My mother is at The Waterford at Plano. It's a very nice facility. The common areas are all very well maintained. The dining area is very nice, and my mother believes the food is very good. The management is very responsive to resident requests. Location and grounds are very nice. It's an independent living facility that also has an assisted living facility attached to it.

June 17, 2016

By Beverly724700

The Waterford was very nice and just right for my mother-in-law. There’s a barber and beauty shop. They had activities and had a singer come in, which was a good activity. We looked at the dining area, but they weren’t dining at that time. I would recommend it.

June 10, 2016

By AAYJWJV

I did not like The Waterford at all. Their dining room was OK, except there was a fixed menu, so you don’t have choices. We had lunch there, and the food was terrible, worse than hospital food. I did not like the fact that they did not have washers and dryers in the apartments. The apartments were very nice to look at but small in square footage. They were OK, but I did not care for them that much. The Waterford was at the bottom of my list.

July 28, 2015

My dad is at The Waterford at Plano. It is independent, and then they have also assisted, so it was more of a bridge instead of just straight independent living, and that's kind of where he is at now. The facility is really nice. It is very homey, very clean, and very pretty. The people are really good. They offer food. They have a dining room with three meals a day. They also offer housekeeping and all that as well.

June 12, 2011

By Daddy'sGirl7

Visited this facility

When you walk in to the main entrance of The Waterford you feel you have arrived in Charleston. This sparkling clean facility is for both Independent and Assisted Living. I was looking for an upper-end assisted living facility for my 90 year old father. My dad is mobile and can feed himself but is legally blind, hard of hearing and has some dementia. I wanted him to get stimulation, attention, and personal care. I was assured all of this would happen when I talked with the administrative staff and wrote the deposit and check. My husband and I took turns visiting dad at different meal times and were disappointed that the food did not look as appealing as the sample meal was on our visit. We also found my father sitting alone in his room with nothing at all to do twice. Finally, after 5 days my father told me that he didn't think he had been getting his medicine. I immediately checked and he was correct. I took my father home that evening. This may be a fine facility for independent living but I cannot recommend this for assisted living.

Photos of The Waterford at Plano

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Plano

• Pets: Yes

About The Waterford at Plano

At the Waterford, you'll find the freedom to create the lifestyle you've always wanted. Awake each morning to a colorful palette of possibilities from which to paint your day. At the Waterford, you'll find the freedom to create the lifestyle that you've always wanted. Each morning you'll awake to a colorful palette of possibilities from which to paint your day.

Our community provides you with areas to get away from it all (maybe with a bestseller from our library along with areas to enjoy the company of others. Connect to the Internet on a computer, join friends in the billiards room, relax in our television theater lounge, or step onto our community bus to explore the surrounding areas without the worries of driving. You'll be conveniently close to shopping, doctors' offices, hospitals and other medical facilities. We'll even transport you to and from your medical appointments within a specified radius.

Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle at The Waterford, where you can paint your retirement any way you please. We invite you to come for a visit. Explore your retirement options, the Waterford way.

Map of The Waterford at Plano