Brookdale Collin Oaks

Reviews of Brookdale Collin Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Collin Oaks

March 08, 2016

By Koko2

Brookdale Collins was very nice and clean. All of the staff members were very friendly, very courteous, and knowledgeable.

November 11, 2015

I was able to visit Brookdale Collin Oaks, and I liked their rooms. They have an outdoor patio. For activities, they had bingo, a TV room, and music.

November 08, 2015

By JM5

I really liked Brookdale. It had the assisted living and the memory care, but the location was not as convenient for my sister. The lady that I talked to seemed very knowledgeable. Their rooms were adequate. It looked like they had quite a few activities. It was bright and cheerful. I felt like it would be a good place. If my mother needed to move to memory care, she could move there.

October 31, 2014

By Caring101120550

My mother stayed at Brookdale Collin Oaks. It was great. They were excellent. My mother is in the memory care facility, and every single person in there was kind to her. They took care of her. They a little had trouble with her food at first because she had to have pureed food. They did that for her. They did everything. All we had to do was talk and explain things to them, and they were always very receptive. I had recommended them to others.

September 22, 2014

By Gary38

The services were good. They have a variety of different intensities that you would need from full onsite medical care, medication, injections, and stuff like that you would need. They had good meal plans and good exercise capabilities. They went through a pretty good extent of showing how the meals would be served, what would be served, and if you couldn't come to the dining room, how the meals would be brought to you.

August 26, 2014

By Susan89809450

We were in here for only a short period time. We may have put him there until we saw the other one. I really can’t say anything negative about Collin Oaks. I think they would have been fine, too. I just felt that the furniture looked a little more worn. The hallway seemed to be narrower. The rooms were smaller. It would have been a little less expensive but we felt like the other one had a more open feel to it. We only talked to one person who showed us around. She seemed to be very nice. The residents seemed to be very sweet there, too. I’m sure they would have been fine for him.

November 20, 2013

I visited a friend. We liked it that they're a little smaller than some other places. They only had one bedroom and didn't have any 2-bedrooms. What contact I had with the staff was okay. My friend seemed to be happy there.

October 24, 2013

By Caring72071550

My mother-in-law is already in an ALF. She moved in there September 1st. This is our choice because it is close to our house and because she likes the atmosphere there when we first visited it. Right now, she has the biggest room that they have available and she is pretty happy with it. She also likes the food they have there. Regarding activities, she is interested in playing cards, dominos, etc. They also have courtyard for them. The staff is very friendly and very attentive.

August 27, 2013

By Jeannette3

I was impressed. It was on top of the list if my mom would move in to a facility. The facility was clean and the staff appeared friendly. The residents seemed happy and well-taken care of. When I went to visit, someone came and sang for the residents.

August 13, 2012

By Plano Case Manager

I toured this facility on a behalf of a patient. The facilty looked and smelled clean. Every employee I passed was friendly and smiled. The residents I spoke with were very happy with the facility, the activities and the food. Anna was bright, knowledgable and personable. She knew the name of every resident we passed. I was very impressed.

July 26, 2011

By Marqueax

I toured the facility and found it very warm and cheerful. It was clean. There were a lot of activities planned throughout the day. The dining was bright and spacious. There is an inner courtyard where they have cookouts, gardening activities. It is pet friendly. Patients can transition to memory care if needed. It is not the newest facility in our area, but I think that the people are very professional, warm and caring.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Collin Oaks

Questions about Brookdale Collin Oaks

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

At hire, associates are trained for 24 hours. Ongoing training throughout the year of 12 hours annually and monthly training occurs as well. COVID training is ongoing.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Collin Oaks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 78-84. Our residents enjoy musical programs and weekly community socials. We have a large group of veterans in our community as well.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Collin Oaks offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise program, arts and crafts, movie room and activity room for different resident projects. Community room has a working kitchen that resident enjoy using to bake/cook.

What places are near Brookdale Collin Oaks or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located with walking distance of major medical centers and doctors offices. THe community is situated on a main thoroughfare through Plano and in the heart of the medical district.

What transportation services does Brookdale Collin Oaks offer to assisted living residents?

Van provides medical appointment transfers and resident outings. Personal transportation available when planned in advance.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Collin Oaks exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining manager has been with Collin Oaks for 5+ years. We offer signature spices and customize resident requests/add them to the menus. Residents enjoy attending weekly dining chats to put in requests for the menu and the menu is resident driven.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Collin Oaks offer to assisted living residents?

Secured community with keypad entry for both AL and MC. 24 hour awake staff and nurse/ED on call 24 hours/day.

How does Brookdale Collin Oaks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Email, Zoom calls, text messages and phone calls monthly. Ed communicates directly with families throughout the month.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Collin Oaks during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing varies based on resident needs and acuity. We staff above the state minimum of 2 caregivers.

If Brookdale Collin Oaks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our community is pet friendly and accepts pets, including dogs and cats. We have a spacious courtyard that many of our residents utilize for walking their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staffing varies based on resident needs and acuity. Because our memory care is small, we staff 2 associates overnight.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Collin Oaks provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured Memory care wing. When residents advance to need more care, they can easily transition the dedicated memory care unit. The AL building is also secure with keypad entry.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Collin Oaks offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a dedicated memory care programmer and dedicated memory care associates, trained in person centered care. We develop our programs around our current residents needs.

We assess all of our residents every 6 months or upon change of condition. Our current population is moderate cognitively impaired.

What techniques does Brookdale Collin Oaks use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We adapt meals based on individual needs. One resident may need finger foods because he/she wanders. ANother may need direct assistance with eating. Everything is customized to our resident needs.

How does Brookdale Collin Oaks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Bi-annual assessments and continued conversations throughout the year with changes of condition.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Collin Oaks. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in the heart of the Plano medical district.

Is Brookdale Collin Oaks affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Brookdale Collin Oaks

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Collin Oaks

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Collin Oaks

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Collin Oaks