DaySpring Assisted Living Plano, TX

Reviews of DaySpring Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for DaySpring Assisted Living

November 01, 2016

By Cynthia878840

DaySpring is a better fit for my father, it’s a smaller environment, and it seemed more intimate. The staff was wonderful, and it was affiliated with the church. They had nice activities as well.

October 18, 2016

By Carol276180

We were able to visit Dayspring Assisted Living. The rooms were small, and they did not have a room available that was big enough. They were very nice and caring people. With regards to their amenities, it was a bigger facility, and it looked updated and newer which appealed to me.

October 10, 2016

By Bob438815

DaySpring Assisted Living was smaller, so I like it because it was a little bit more personalized. The people there seemed nice. It was really between this and the other community. I like the location. It’s closer to where I live. It’s assisted living, and they’re building a memory unit for people with memory problems.

September 29, 2016

By SeniorEighty

Residents of Day Spring are well cared for and happy. They are shown respect and dignity by all staff members. There is a genuine concern and warmth shown to each resident. These same qualities are in turn reflected by the residents toward each other. In the words of several residents, "This is a good place to be."

June 17, 2016

By Joana B381551

Excellent care of residents, great, loving and kind staff members. Wonderful activities and entertainment. Very involved with residents.

June 17, 2016

By Deborah B658837

Great place to be, it's like one big family. My mom lives here. People so kind and helpful. Have them all. Can't say enough good things about the place.

February 11, 2016

By Nancy117702650

We are okay about everything at DaySpring Assisted Living. Mom has not complained about anything. They are on time with her medications all the time. Mom gets to choose what she wants to eat. The staff is extremely friendly, and helpful. I cannot say anything bad about this facility. Mom’s room is of good size. It has two large closets. It comes with a small kitchenette, and a refrigerator. The room is very clean. Someone comes in to empty the trash several times throughout the day. I would recommend this facility to anybody.

August 26, 2015

By Deborah115959750

My mom lives at DaySpring. It's a great place to be. The people are so kind and helpful. I can't say enough good things about this place.

July 20, 2015

By Laurie35

Wonderful caring staff, very clean place. Extremely responsive to needs. Excellent care and food.

December 29, 2014

By Margaret103574350

We have found the staff at Day Spring to be caring, helpful, and informative. They are genuinely concerned about the well being of each resident.

November 28, 2014

Wonderful staff at Dayspring. Love them!

November 28, 2014

By Margaret47

A+. All went above and beyond every day to serve. Outstanding. A true blessing.

November 20, 2014

By Karen S.2

Outstanding facility. Feels like a family. Food is excellent. I've been in 7 (seven) other places and this is by far the best!

October 30, 2014

By Susan101076250

DaySpring is very nice and homey. The staff management are very personable to their residents as well as visitors. The facility is clean at all times. They are attentive to people's needs and so far all residents I have spoken to here are very pleased and happy to be at DaySpring.

October 30, 2014

By Barbara101076150

My mother lives at DaySpring. The staff is loving and takes excellent care of her. There are many activities to keep her busy and socializing within the community. There is a strong spiritual component to everything in the community. She is happy and I feel very good about where she is living.

February 26, 2014

I looked at Day Spring and that was more like a nursing home atmosphere. The staff seemed very confident and friendly but the residents were almost to nursing care status. That was more the clientele that they seem to attract there. The rooms were nice. As far as staff and the longevity of the people that worked there and the kindness, I’d rate them a 5. It just wasn’t suitable for the personalities and the health conditions of the people I was looking for. I couldn’t have asked for a better place if they would have suited the personalities of those that I had charge over but it wouldn’t have. I have a 88 year old, active, zoomy, woman.

February 23, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Day Spring Assisted Living assisted living facility while searching for a place for our aunt to live in the Plano region. The outside area was very nicely maintained. The grounds outside offered easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around safely. We could see that there is also plenty of space to have parties and other gatherings. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. The exercise room featured well maintained exercise equipment and aerobics and yoga classes. The residents go on trips to visit the many area galleries and museums, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many other cultural events offered in the surrounding region. The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The seniors looked like they really enjoyed this living environment and the staff was considerate, kind and caring.

Questions about DaySpring Assisted Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff working with memory care residents receive, at a minimum,12-hours annually of in-service education. Training topics may include but are not limited to behavior management, de-escalation techniques, fall prevention, alternatives to restraints, planning and facilitating activities appropriate for the dementia resident, promoting resident dignity, individuality, privacy and choice, care of elderly persons with physical, cognitive, behavioral and social disabilities, common psychotropics and side effects and local community resources. This training is in addition to the state required orientation and on-boarding that is completed prior to working with our residents to provide direct care.

What transportation services does DaySpring Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

DaySpring provides transportation for residents in and around the Plano area.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at DaySpring Assisted Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

DaySpring Senior Living will have sufficient staff to provide care and resident services to maintain the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident, as determined by individual plans of care. Staff scheduling is based on the direct care needs of all residents and will be adjusted as needed.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our care staff working in assisted living receive, at a minimum, 6-hours annually of in-service education. Training topics may include but are not limited to: behavior management, de-escalation techniques, fall prevention, alternatives to restraints, promoting resident dignity, individuality, privacy and choice, emergency first aid procedures, resident's health conditions and how they may affect the provision of tasks, managing disruptive behavior, fall prevention, and safety measures to prevent accidents and injuries. This training is in addition to the state required orientation and on-boarding training that is completed prior to working with our residents to provide direct care.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What programs or activities does DaySpring Assisted Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Resident activity programming is tailored to the unique preferences and interests of our current residents.

Assessments are done prior to move-in, approximately 30-days after move-in and with change in condition and/or annually.

What techniques does DaySpring Assisted Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Staff are available during mealtimes to assist residents with cueing, encourage resident to eat and to assist with eating, if needed.

Costs for DaySpring Assisted Living

• Spanish

• Licenses: Licensed by the State of Texas Type B Assisted Living

About DaySpring Assisted Living

Our Mission

Is to provide a safe, intimate community where seniors' lives are enriched with personal care and love.

We Provide

DaySpring Assited Living is an intimate family environment where people really care. We serve home-style meals at a table with home-style conversation. Our residents are free from worry about when to take medicine, free from worry about cleaning rooms and clothes. We offer meditation in our garden for fresh air, conversation, and reflection. We provide worship services and Bible studies for spiritual enrichment. Our facility is a secure, 24-hour monitored environment. We have personally designed care packages that meet individual needs.

We Value

Honoring God with our service for he has given us a ministry, not a job; Honoring the personal dignity and trust of our residents; Providing personal care and love to our residents; Earning daily a reputation for excellence in quality and service; Working as a team to deliver a higher standard of performance; Serving with a joyful heart and being joyful with our residents; Respecting the confidence of our residents and teammates.

We are a Faith-based Community delivering Spiritual Healing as well as Physical.

Map of DaySpring Assisted Living