Brookdale Eden Estates

Reviews of Brookdale Eden Estates

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Eden Estates

February 01, 2018

By sun loving transplant

It is beautiful and welcoming! Always something to do, food is great and care is exceptional!

April 09, 2017

By WantS

My father is a resident there. They want you to believe that this is an awesome facility because it IS clean and the rooms are nice (one star), but the care they give the residents is sub-par. They welcomed him with big fanfare but don't regularly check on him; he had good relationships at the past facility where he was a resident and they all treated him so kindly. The food is good most of the time, so that is another reason for one of the stars. I don't believe they truly care about the residents. As another review states, it's COLD (adjective for uncaring). I hate to have him move again, but we're going to look for another place.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Our staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care and we will share your feedback with our management team.

March 07, 2017

By Happy Resident102848

I am a resident of Brookdale. I have the care if I need it. If you go to the dining room and drink a glass of milk, you can have it. However, if you want to take it to your apartment, they will charge you a dollar. I just don't understand all the rules, and they do not have them in writing, so you cannot go back and look at the rules. It is clean and nice, but cold and uncaring. I have a two-bedroom apartment. The bathroom and the closets are very big and good. You don't feel cramped. I do not have any problem with the room nor the apartment that I live in. It is just cold and indifferent. The care that they give on the yard and keeping everything clean is great.

June 10, 2016

By Betty812672

I was living over at Brookdale in Bedford for a while. I saw nothing wrong with the staff. They were good and really nice. You could ask them to help you do something and they would do it to the best of their ability. The food was varied. One time, the meal would be good, but the food was always overcooked; that could be just my taste, though. They didn’t have a swimming pool, but they did have a library, which was suitable. They were remodeling it at the time I was there. They had a really nice place upstairs, but the activities were very sparse.

February 29, 2016

By Ernestine2

Brookdale Eden Estates is an excellent place. My husband and I were very happy there although my husband had some issues with food and wanted to find better food in another facility but that’s just because he was so used to my home cooking. The facility is outstanding and the management is great.

October 27, 2015

By Susan C1

Brookdale Eden Estates (formerly Emeritus at Eden Estates) was absolutely wonderful. My mother goes upstairs to a restaurant and orders her meals three times a day. It's more like an apartment complex than anything else. It's a really great place. They have studio apartments, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. They have transportation available, if they need to go to the store. They have a game night, movie night, activities you can do on grounds, and they have walking trails. As soon as I walk in, it has a happy atmosphere. She has a studio apartment, and they allow her to have her pets. I had lunch there a couple of times, and the food is really good. The staff is extremely nice. The director of the place went out of her way to help us to get her in there on our budget. They are really helpful and just really nice.

December 23, 2014

At Brookdale Eden Estates, they kind of mingled the retirement with the assisted living, and that is something we weren't looking for. It was very clean and a little older. It's nothing bad; it just wasn't for us.

August 14, 2013

By Malcolm2

It was a nice and clean facility. The staff were very nice and helpful; they were good to the residents and the visitors. In the dining area, they had a very pretty table cloth and cloth napkins; the food was good too.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Eden Estates

Questions about Brookdale Eden Estates

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Eden Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 85. They range in age from 72-103!(We have three residents over the age of 100). Our residents’ favorite activities include card games and bingo, going out to lunch, games to keep the brain fit, and musical entertainment. We even plan large group outings to plays and movies!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Eden Estates offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our emphasis is on care, and we enrich the lives of our residents with compassionate person-centered care and programs that are created to provide each resident with optimum health and happiness.

What places are near Brookdale Eden Estates or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is located within walking distance of the Bedford Public Library, shopping and medical care. We are also minutes from major highways.

What transportation services does Brookdale Eden Estates offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus with a wheelchair/scooter lift and a community van that offers complementary scheduled transportation several days per week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Eden Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We serve three meals a day in our dining room, and our residents enjoy menu options including a choice of three entrees. A variety of side dishes and desserts. The menu is designed to be easy to read, and our Dining Director meets with our residents monthly to plan meals according to their dietary requests.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Eden Estates offer to assisted living residents?

We have a gated community with 24 hour security/front desk concierge and care staffing.

How does Brookdale Eden Estates keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Efficient, open communication between our nurses and our resident families is the key. Our Health and Wellness Director and her team of nurses and care staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We provide our families with an on-call nurses phone to ensure speedy response time.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Eden Estates during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to care needs, we utilize a unique staffing system that guarantees the perfect staff to resident ratio at all times. Our staffing exceeds the minimum state mandated requirements.

If Brookdale Eden Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love our four legged residents! We have a dedicated area on our property for dog walking.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All of our associates are assigned mandatory courses in senior care at intervals throughout the year.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Eden Estates provide to protect residents who wander?

We provide 24 hour care staffing and security staff along with a beautiful gated community.

Costs for Brookdale Eden Estates

Photos of Brookdale Eden Estates

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Eden Estates

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining With Chef Prepared Meals In An Elegant Dining Room

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Eden Estates

Brookdale Eden Estates is a senior housing facility that offers a homelike setting and cheerful smiles from its professional staff. The staff respects each resident's independence while providing assistance as needed. Residents are greeted every day by caring staff with a peaceful setting, restaurant-style dining experience, daily activities, and opportunities for residents to get to know one another through special events and ongoing cultural enrichment programs. Brookdale Eden Estates offers amenities such as daily assistance with bathing and dressing, medication management, dining assistance and special diets, assistance with reminders or redirection if necessary, an emergency response call system and housekeeping services, including laundry and linen service.

Map of Brookdale Eden Estates