Ashwood Court

Ashwood Court (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Ashwood Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Ashwood Court

January 31, 2014

My sister is in Ashwood Retirement and Assisted Living. My sister is in their waiting list since 2009 and she is now living there for about a month and a half. We choose it because it is kept nice and they accept Medicaid. The first thing that I notice about it when I walk through the door is that it has no odor and it is very clean. I talk to the lady that she told me: "I always said that I'd never have one of the places that I run to have a smell. I can't stand that". She says: "We work at it around here". For instance, they pick-up the trash twice a day and I am impressed about that because they don't let it sit around and begin to smell. My sister says she loves living there. She has a darling room and we furnish it. It has a small refrigerator in her room. My sister loves the food and their dining room is not glamorous, but it is clean. I am impressed with the fact that they take care of her medicine and they seem to be organized with the handling of the medicine for the people. As far as I am concerned, their ethics are great. The lady that runs it mentions that they have to stay there overnight because somebody is ill and during ice storm they pitch in to each other. They can have their own doctor. I also really like, and it is helpful for me, that they have two doctors that come because l do not have to pick her up to see a doctor and take her back since it is a 25-minute one-way drive from my place to the facility. They have activities like bingo, dominoes and games. So far, it is positive experience.

June 07, 2013

By caring0530513

We would not recommend Ashwood. They gave my mother-in-law the wrong medicine but she still doesn't want to move because she has lots of friends there. We only learned about it from the doctor because they tried to hide it. The atmosphere is okay and the facility is clean but it's more of an institution than homey.

July 23, 2012

By Ledgreen

Ashwood Assisted Living is one of the most comfortable and attractive facilities I have seen. The halls are very wide and fully carpeted. The building is fully carpeted, painted, papered and trimmed to be a pleasant place. It integrates a number of garden areas with plantings, walks and benches into the property. The rooms and baths are spacious and modern. Many such facilities are old and run down or are expensive. Ashwood is neither. The staff is friendly, professional and well trained in geriatric related issues. There are daily supervised activities and a number of clubs and associations for residents to belong to depending on their tastes. For example there are clubs for bingo and other popular games and pastimes. There also is a resident run association that collects and provides resident feedback to the management at regular meetings. Staff is always available to assist the residents at club gatherings and many social activities are supervised by the Activities Director. In some ways Ashwood seems more like a modest resort than a place providing care for seniors unable to live entirely alone.Ash wood should definitely be on your short list for assisted living care in North Texas. The location is easy to find, being very near the interstate between commercial and residential areas well patrolled and traffic controlled. Plenty of parking is available for visitors and residents.Lenard Green

Costs for Ashwood Court

Photos of Ashwood Court

Services and Amenities of Ashwood Court

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Ashwood Court

At Ashwood Court, we want our Residents to feel comfortable and secure. We create an environment that allows them to maintain their own identity while preserving their dignity and staying active. Our suites are designed to meet the needs of our Residents – from mealtime to organized activities to assistance with medication management, and much more, we expect to deliver extraordinary service.

We provide our Residents the ability to live as independently as possible while still receiving the amount of care that is needed. Residents are given the space and freedom to pursue their hobbies and interests in a safe, supportive and family-like environment. We understand that deciding to move a loved one into a senior living community can be a difficult process, and we want you to know that when you select Ashwood Court, you are gaining an experienced care-giving partner to provide for the well-being and safety of your loved one.

Frequent communication with families and physicians creating peace of mind and security knowing our Residents are cared for like family

Map of Ashwood Court