Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson

Reviews of Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson

Assisted Living Reviews for Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson

January 22, 2021

By L.L.

We chose Mustang Creek Estates Burleson for my sister because of the cost and the availability. Our experience with moving her in hasn't been very good and she's not happy there at all. So, I imagine we'll have to move her again. The biggest problem is the staff. They're not trained certified nurse aides, they're just assistants, and they don't know how to lift her nor help her. It's just been very poor resident care. They need to improve on their staffing levels. They told us when we first met with them that there would always be two staff persons in the building at all times, 24 hours a day, but that wasn't the case. Sometimes, there's only one, and one night there wasn't gonna be anybody until they got a floater to come in. So, the staffing was really poor and they're not really attentive to her. She's bed-bound and can't go out to eat in the dining room or anything like that. All they need to do is bring her ice, so she can drink her Ensure that I provide for her or that she orders online, and they're not very prompt with that at all. Sometimes, she'd go for hours and hours without anything to drink. They're not trained medically at all and that's not the kind of care that she needs or expected.

Thank you for your feedback. We take each and every review very seriously and apologize for not meeting your expectations. We take great pride in the peace of mind we give our families and it truly pains us to hear we have disappointed even one of those families. We have a very high staffing ratio on the campus, even at night. Our Residents and their families are our passion and we are very proud of the high quality care we provide. Thank you again for your feedback.

February 11, 2019

By WCrowell

One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make was the decision to put my wife in assisted living. I made the decision to place her at Mustang Creek of Burleson and what a great decision. The community is beautiful and well kept, everything is clean and smells good. Normally you can smell something cooking when you walk in the door which always makes me hungry, but that is not what makes Mustang Creek so great. The people on the inside who work there make it such an amazing place to live. I have said many times recently to my friends and family that it doesn't matter how big and beautiful and well kept your home is if the people living there are not just as great then all you have is a house not a home. Although my wife has only lived at Mustang Creek for a short period of time the staff there has showed us more love and compassion then we could have ever asked for. Melissa, the community's director has to be one of the most caring people I've ever met. I have watched as she has stayed late at night and even overnight to stay with a resident or a family because they were not at ease. The support she shows her staff is also something to see. I counted eight different employees walk in to her office to ask a question in a matter of 15 minutes. I also cant say enough about the staff in building B. DJ, Leah, Deja, Bree, Takeisha (sorry if I left someone out) are all an excellent group of people they have cared for my wife like she was their own mother. I am so thankful to each and everyone at Mustang Creek. Remember it doesn't matter how beautiful and great your house is if you don't have whats on the inside to make it a home. Mustang Creek is definitely a place you can call home.

Mr. Crowell…this is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing what we all hope we are doing every day at Mustang Creek Estates…providing a HOME for our residents. We know that the heart of a home is the people inside and we're so happy you and your wife are experiencing that first hand. And thank you for taking the time to name our staff individually, they've truly made a difference for you and countless other familes and we love being able to show them it is noticed. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

February 01, 2019

By hazel72

This a horrible facility. Residents are not given food they can eat...diabetic, soft etc. Staff is not properly trained on medication administration, how to recognize a stoke or fall prevention. They frequently do not clean the rooms, leave off pillowcases and sheets. My dad reeked of urine and feces, also had frequent bed sores and uncontrolled diabetes. They medicated him to a point that he was sedated 24/7 and slept all day every day. If zero stars were an option I would choose that.

Thank you for your review. At Mustang Creek Estates we pride ourselves in providing affordable quality care to each of our residents in a home setting since 2005. We have cared for hundreds of seniors and provided each of them with award winning care. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and would like to talk with you about it further. While this is not the place to discuss these sensitive details our doors are always open and our Executive Director would always be open to meeting with families. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson

November 05, 2018

By JanetST68

I was at Mustang Creek Estates in Burleson visiting my mom last Friday, I live out of town and can only get to Burleson about every six weeks. I walked in the door and immediately noticed a huge difference in the staff, they were so friendly, they greeted me instantly. The house was so clean and you could smell cookies or something sweet baking. My mother it a pack rat and refuses to trash anything, I expected to walk in her room and immediately start cleaning as I do every time I'm in town, I was pleasantly surprised to find that mothers room was exceptionally clean. Wow, what a transformation. I didn't have to do anything . I asked my dad and sister what in the world had been happening around there and they told me Mustang Creek had hired a new ED. Keep up the good work, we're extremely grateful for everything you have done and are doing, we love the new staff.

Janet, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Mustang Creek Estates in Burleson! We're so happy to hear that your Mom is getting the care she deserves. Please know you can always reach out to us with any concern. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

August 21, 2017

By searchingformom

I recently visited Mustang Creek in my search for a place for my mother. The facilities were gorgeous. The staff was very friendly and seemed to be very attentive. The Director was very professional and courteous and had answers to all of my questions. She was very knowledgeable. I visited two other facilities with similar concepts in Frisco and Carrollton. This by far was the nicest of the three with the most engaged staff.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Mustang Creek Estates. We love what we do and it shows!

August 21, 2017

By Melanie W

This community is so different than any others I've toured. It was such a refreshing change to walk in and be welcomed immediately by friendly, smiling faces and a wonderful aroma from the kitchen. I wanted to sit down and have a plate with the residents that were all sitting around the table. I walked away from Mustang Creek Estates feeling excited about leaving my Mom in their care.

Melanie, we're so glad you enjoyed your visit! We pride ourselves on making everyone feel at home and it sounds like those wonderful aromas from the kitchen are doing their job! We know it stimulates the appetites of our residents which encourages them to eat...keeping them healthy and happy. You are welcome to join us for a bite any time! Thanks so much for your review and we hope to see you and your Mom soon!

August 06, 2017

By madeyoulook

Other

Great concept...good idea...but people are tricked. Affordable living with not much for what you are paying for. The residents get bored easily. The staff are not trained well. The medications are confused between workers and residents. This company hides slot of their wrong doing. The outside looks great but be careful of what goes on in the inside. Staff will give your loved one medicine that doesn't belong to them.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We take each and every review very seriously and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Mustang Creek Estates has been caring for our residents for over 12 years and we have cared for hundreds of seniors. We take great pride in the peace of mind we give our families and it truly pains us to hear we have disappointed even one of those families. We encourage our families to bring any concerns to the attention of our leadership team, which combined has over 30 years of experience in the Senior Living industry, and let us work together to solve any concerns you might have. For all of us at Mustang Creek Estates it’s not just a job, it’s a passion – a passion for providing quality care to seniors.

May 26, 2017

By patricia848111

Mustang Creek Estates was my favorite and had very nice personnel. It had a warmer feeling and was more of what we were looking for to keep my dad happy. It was more of a home environment. The morning I was there, there was a group watching TV and a group outside being supervised. The dining area was very pleasing, and it was more like a home setting.

Thank you for your review, Patricia! A home like environment is exactly what we had in mind when we created Mustang Creek Estates over 15 years ago. We hope to see you and your Dad again!

April 14, 2017

By Kay640655

I just really thought that Mustang Creek would be a better fit for my dad who has dementia. They have individual group homes with at most 14 people in it, and I felt that that would be better for him instead of somewhere that had 30, 40, 50, or 60 people in it. It is a beautiful facility. It is new and kept very clean. The staff is very nice, and I haven’t had any issues with any of them. I feel that they are a little overworked and that they need another person in the home. They have 2 staff members in the home during the day and one at night, and I feel that there needs to be another one in there because they seem overworked. We stayed a lot up there with my dad, and I’ve felt like, sometimes, they could have spent a little more time with the residents, but they just did not have it to spend. So I think they actually need a little more help in there. I did not see a lot of activities. I was disappointed because it was my understanding that they were going to have church services on a Sunday, and I am not sure exactly why, but they don’t. Maybe they just have not been able to locate someone to do it yet. The cooking is fine, it is good, and they cook every meal. They are always willing to give snacks if the person is hungry, so they will do something in-between meals if they need to. They have an area out the back where the residents can go and enjoy the sunshine, which I like.

Thank you so much for sharing your review. Thank you for complimenting our beautiful neighborhood, clean homes and friendly staff. Mustang Creek takes each and every review very seriously. We encourage all of our families to speak with our Executive Director and neighborhood leadership team to discuss any individual issues that didn't meet your expectations. Our mission is to provide seniors with a high quality, residential type of assisted living at an affordable price. Thank you again.

Memory Care Reviews for Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson

January 15, 2020

By R.B.

My mother moved into Mustang Creek Estates of Burleson. So far it's been good. The staff is good and I met everybody. It seems like she's really doing well there. So far they've been very supportive and helpful. In the building she's in it's good, it's big, there's enough room for her to roam around, and she likes to move. They let her go, walk around, redirect her when they need to, but so far it's been a good experience. They're cooking good meals, so she's eating really well, and they seem to be on top of stuff. It was higher priced than what I could afford, but they worked with me in order to get me in the building, so I greatly appreciated that.

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at Mustang Creek Estates! We know you and your Mother will enjoy the community and care she is receiving. We strive to be the affordable option in Assisted Living and we're so happy we were able to help you make this work for you and your Mother. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

February 26, 2019

By Laurie

Mustang Creek is very modern and nice. It is a small house. They could use more staff at times. However, they're very welcoming, very polite and very patient. My husband is not always the nicest person, but they're very patient with him. The physical appearance is very nice and beautiful. They have all kinds of activities, like a person would come and exercises with them. They do different things for different holidays, but my husband doesn't participate. They do field trips. The staff members are very sweet and very patient. The food is nice and the dining area is a big room. The kitchen is open and you can see them preparing the meals for the family table where they all serve the meals to the residents. It always smells good. They buy fresh food and they cook it. It is a good value and they are very competitive with the other places I have looked into.

Thanks so much for your review, Laurie! We take pride in making this a home from the love and patience we have for our residents to the fabulous meals prepared daily. We know that smelling those wonderful aromas will encourage the residents to eat and that keeps them healthy and happy. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

August 31, 2018

By Margie

I went to Mustang Creek. The rooms were small. The staff members were friendly enough. The problem was that there is no nurse on staff all the time. The residents were doing crafts when we were there. The dining area was clean but dark. They have an outdoor sitting area. The other thing I didn't like was that the people are in a separate building away from the main building, and that concerns me. If anything ever happened there, they only have the staff members there at the time; it would be hard to get other staff members over.

Margie, thank you so much for your review! Our communities are designed to have adequate staff in each and every home 24/7 so that we can provide top of the line care for our residents. You are correct that we do not have a nurse on staff, for many reasons. If nursing care is really needed, a home health care nurse can be arranged for your loved one and, most of the time Medicare will pay for that nursing care. We would love to go over the many options available and see if there are specific medical needs your loved one may have. Please don't hesitate to reach out and thank you again for sharing your concerns!
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: pending

About Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson

Mustang Creek Estates is a new concept in Assisted Living! We are a residential style assisted living neighborhood designed entirely for seniors. Our neighborhood consists of 6 unique houses with 10 to 13 residents per house and one of our houses specializes in Memory Care. At Mustang Creek Estates, we combine the peace of mind of a compassionate assisted living community with a personal home-like living environment.

Imagine a life filled with the freedom to live as you like and the security of knowing help is there if you need it. Enjoy life by curling up with a good book in your private bedroom or play a game of cards with friends in the living room. Pamper yourself at the on site beauty salon or just soak in the spa tub. Whether you're cooking in the kitchen, gardening in the yard, spending time with your family or simply taking a walk; Mustang Creek Estates offers you a comfortable, secure and happy life - just like home.

Our all-inclusive month to month rent covers:

• 3 home cooked meals a day & snacks
  • Special assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, medications, incontinence care, routine nighttime care and transfer assistance
  • 24 hour staff
  • Social activities, outings & exercise
  • Laundry & linen service
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Telephone service (including long distance), extended basic cable, wireless Internet
  • Imagine a neighborhood filled with unique houses, beautiful landscaping and antique street lights. A campus of homes designed with seniors in mind. Front porches with rocking chairs, fireplaces with glowing hearths and country kitchens with family style dining; each house is created to feel - just like home.

Imagine a home filled with friends and family, yet still very personal and private. Each home is limited to 10 to 13 residents, promoting close friendships and a sense of security. Our carefully selected care staff are available 24 hours a day for assistance with each resident's unique individual needs, if required. Together the residents and care staff become a family - just like home!

We provide a true residential environment, with quality care and services, at an affordable price. We look forward to talking with you soon!

At Mustang Creek Estates, we combine the peace of mind of a compassionate assisted living community with a personal home like living environment. Each of our homes offers intimate 24 hour compassionate care in a personal setting. All inclusive pricing at an affordable rate.

Map of Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson