5 Assisted Living Facilities near Azle, TX
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Azle area, with 4 in Azle and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Azle is $3,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Fort Worth with an average starting cost of $3,222.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Azle. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Azle 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Southlake with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Azle, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Azle, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Azle
Azle is a small town located 16 miles Northwest of Fort Worth, Texas, and is considered a bedroom community to its larger neighbor. Being small though doesn't hinder this community from giving seniors a selection of three assisted living facilities licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services Department with 9 more in the surrounding area.
Texas assisted living communities in Azle are divided into two types. Type A facilities are for people who are more independent and mentally sound while Type B communities are for people needing more care. Both types provide daily personal care services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Azle
- Having an average of 230 sunny days per year and winter temperatures that barely dip into the mid-30s, Azle Azle has a climate comfort index score 13 points above the average U.S. city. For seniors who enjoy an active lifestyle, this is a big plus.
- For seniors with respiratory issues or allergy problems, Azle might not be the best choice for a place to live. With an EPA air quality rating of only 33, the city falls 25 points below the national norm.
- Azle has a property crime rate of 46.4 well above the national average but in line with the local Dallas-Fort Worth area. Its Violent crime rate is 22.2, nine points below the national average. making it a much safer place to live than the majority of Texas and the nation as a whole. Seniors with security concerns should find this welcoming news.
- Seniors on a tight budget will be happy to hear that by national standards the cost of living in Azle is reasonable. With an index rating of 92, it is 8 percent lower than the countries average.
- The Azle area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Texas Health Azle Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The City of Azle provides two options for non-driving seniors. There is the Tarrant County Transportation Services who charge $2.50 per one-way trip for seniors over 65 and Public Transportation Service who charge seniors $2.00 per trip. Both services are by appointment and provide curb to curb service.
Paying for Assisted Living in Azle
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Azle start around $3,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Azle and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Azle
STAR+PLUS is a Medicaid waiver program provided by the State of Texas to help pay for assisted living facilities in the Azle area. While it does not pay for room and board it does pay for other services to help compensate for ALF care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Azle
Azle and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Azle, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Azle
Azle-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Azle
Review of Azle Manor
My mother-in-law has had wonderful care here for over 2 years. I was impressed with the welcoming, clean atmosphere and very friendly staff. It did not have a nursing home smell and my MIL called i... Read more
Review of Legacy Oaks of Azle
This place is GREAT, Shure they are not perfect, But compared to Others, They are a 10. My mom has been there for 3 months and Loves it. The Activities Director is the best , The food is GREAT, The... Read more
Review of Silver Creek Assisted Living
The administration and staff provide personalized one on on one care. The facility has a home like feel offering each resident their privacy. Read more