Assisted Living Communities in Peoria, AZ
To help seniors in Peoria find the assisted living community that’s right for their family, we’ve researched and compiled in-depth information about the cost of care, how to pay for care, and important local laws and regulations involving senior care and assisted living.
With an average cost of $2,994 in Peoria, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 233 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 44 facilities in Peoria.
44 Assisted Living Facilities in Peoria, AZ
116 Assisted Living Facilities near Peoria, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Peoria
A suburb of Phoenix, Peoria, Arizona is located predominately in Maricopa County and is surrounded by the Sonoran Desert. Some of the major attractions seniors may enjoy here include spring training for the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners and Lake Pleasant Regional Park.
Assisted living facilities in Peoria, AZ are regulated by The Department of Health Services (DHS), which conduct safety and cleanliness inspections in senior care facilities throughout Arizona. The Peoria area has 62 assisted living facilities, 42 in Peoria itself and 20 others dotting nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Peoria
- Get ready for temperature extremes in Peoria, AZ. The weather mostly varies between a four-month hot season from May to September, with an average daily high above 75 degrees, and a cold season that lasts for three months from November to March, with an average daily temperate that drops below 44 degrees. This extreme weather can make planning outings difficult at times.
- Air quality in Peoria is 48 percent worse than the U.S. average and the city has a pollution index 19 percent better than the country's average.
- The overall cost of living in Peoria, AZ is 107, which is 9 percent higher than the Arizona average and 7 percent higher than the U.S. average,
- Arizona doesn’t tax social security checks, but other retirement income, like 401(k) accounts are taxed.
- Overall, the crime rate in Peoria is 18 percent below the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are six daily crimes in Peoria. Seniors are safer here than in 50 percent of US cities.
- Active Adults, a program at the Peoria Community Center for adults 50 and older, provides activities, opportunities to meet people and ways to increase fitness for seniors who like to remain active.
Paying for Assisted Living in Peoria
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Peoria start around $2,994 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Peoria and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Peoria
Seniors living in assisted living homes in Peoria, AZ, can apply for a financial assistance program through the Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS) to defray the cost of assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Peoria
Peoria and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Peoria, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Peoria
Peoria-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Peoria, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Peoria
Review of The Mission at Agua Fria
My husband's aunt has moved into The Mission at Agua Fria. It's beautiful. We had lunch and dinner there, and the food was good. The nurses seem very efficient. We like it. She has a very nice size... Read more
Review of The Montecito
We like The Montecito, and we're very pleased so far. The service is very nice. My mother's room is beautiful. She enjoys the food. On the weekends, I take her to the swimming pool and she loves it... Read more
Review of Amethyst Arbor
I was very pleased with Amethyst Arbor, but in terms of moving in, they jacked up the cost, and misled me on what it would cost. The residents looked happy and friendly. Read more