156 Assisted Living Facilities near Youngtown, AZ
There are 156 Assisted Living Facilities in the Youngtown area, with 3 in Youngtown and 153 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 685 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Youngtown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Youngtown 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sun City with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Youngtown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Youngtown, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Youngtown
The small town of Youngtown, Arizona, is known to be the pioneer of retirement communities in the United States and is home to the first ever AARP chapter in the country. This senior-friendly community has three assisted living facilities, and there are 59 more in nearby areas including Peoria, Surprise, Glendale and Sun City. These facilities are classified into assisted living homes and assisted living centers, the former housing a smaller number of residents. In Youngtown, as in the rest of the Grand Canyon State, assisted living homes and centers are governed by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Youngtown
- The desert climate in sunny Youngtown is characterized by warm winters and hot summers with an average high of 80 degrees Fahrenheit in July. The town has a high Sperling comfort index of 86, which surpasses the national average of 54.
- The Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale area is among the top 50 most polluted cities in three different air quality categories determined by the American Lung Association. This may be an important consideration for seniors with respiratory health concerns.
- Youngtown’s overall cost of living is 12 percent lower than the U.S. average, and Arizona doesn’t tax social security income, groceries and prescription drugs. This helps augment the assisted living budget of seniors.
- Valley Metro has a local bus route that covers Youngtown with several stops at Peoria Avenue and offers reduced fares for riders 65+ as well as paratransit services. This allows seniors to access connecting bus lines around the greater Phoenix area. The Sun Cities Area Transit (SCAT) Dial-A-Ride program also serves Youngtown seniors.
- While there are plenty of attractions in its surrounding areas for seniors to experience, the town of Youngtown also gives importance to arts and culture. The Youngtown Arts Commission sponsors local art events, and seniors can join community clubs on crafting, oil and watercolor painting, wood carving and other enrichment activities.
- The Youngtown area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in neighboring Sun City.
Paying for Assisted Living in Youngtown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Youngtown start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Youngtown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Youngtown
The Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) is the state’s Medicaid program that covers the cost of assisted living services in Youngtown.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Youngtown
Youngtown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Youngtown, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Youngtown
Youngtown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Youngtown, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Youngtown
Review of Ventana Winds
I'm very pleased with Ventana Winds. The food was good because it was served hot. Everybody was pleasant. The staff and residents seemed happy. The apartments were very large and roomy. The apartme... Read more
Review of Ventana Winds
My nana currently lives at Ventana Winds and she really enjoys it there. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. We spent tireless hours looking for the perfect community and this was the ... Read more
Review of Ventana Winds
My mother is a resident of Ventana Winds. The experience is very good. They provide three meals a day, medication management, assistance with showering, and transportation to doctors' appointments.... Read more