The Woodmark at Sun City Sun City, AZ

Reviews of The Woodmark at Sun City

Assisted Living Reviews for The Woodmark at Sun City

February 10, 2017

By Susan307561

We went to the Woodmark, and mom really liked it too. They had an animal entertainment, and everybody was very friendly and answered our questions.

November 22, 2016

By Louise784373

The Woodmark at Sun City was nice. It was very upscale, but for my mother it was too big. It was gorgeous. For some reason, the meal selection wasn't great. I did not like how they established their care because they did it by some point system. It was very subjective versus having 4 or 5 levels of care and had a set price. However, it was good visit. The staff was fine. They were great about showing me the area. In fact, I did not have an appointment. I just walked in, and they showed me around.

November 22, 2016

By Patricia461754

Our tour with The Woodmark at Sun City was very pleasant. It was a good facility. The dining area was very nice. The layout of the facility was nice and very easy to find your way around. The rooms were very good. It was very nice outside. It was very clean and well taken care of. Everybody was very nice. It seemed like a very good place to be.

November 21, 2016

By Jody103203

The Woodmark at Sun City had very good restaurant food. The rooms are bigger and much nicer. The place is a little bit newer. I felt the activities were fine. They have pictures up on the wall of all the assistants. There were at least 8 of them that had been there 10 to 14 years -- an average of about 12 years -- and a lot of them were there 7 to 9 years. That impressed me that the people are comfortable with the place where they work in caring for the people. On the assisted living floor, there was a smell that smelled not as fresh, but more of old people. A lot of people leave their doors open, and it has different smells. It just didn’t seem as fresh as the first floor. The outside grounds were nice. They had a nice garden area with a statue fountain thing. They had a really nice patio area. It would be windy, but you could still see out. There was a lot of vegetation, and the view was beautiful with the mountains. I was very impressed with it.

October 27, 2016

By Christopher750202

The Woodmark was nice, but the presentation wasn’t quite as good as the other facility I visited.

January 14, 2016

By Kathy116445650

We ate at The Woodmark at Sun City. I didn’t care for the food; it was really bland. The person that was showing us around wasn’t as familiar, I think, as she probably could have been.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback .I am disappointed to hear that your recent visit to The Woodmark at Sun City did not meet your expectations. Our top priority is to deliver best in class service to our residents and guests. Please contact me directly at 701-509-4180. I would appreciate hearing your suggestions on how we might have created a more favorable experience for you. Rob Kondos, Executive Director

November 09, 2015

I visited The Woodmark at Sun City for my friend. The rooms were good, and the staff was nice.

May 23, 2015

By Ed34

The Woodmark at Sun City was another very nice facility. It was clean. There appeared to be sufficient staff to take care of everybody.

April 05, 2015

By Donald34

Woodmark was fine up until last fall when they were purchased by one of these mega corporations. My mother was there about a year, and her fees increased about 50%. When she first moved in, we were paying about $4000 a month, and when we left it was about $6500. Financially there was an issue, and they concentrated more on profit side. She was on psychotropic drugs; the doctors and staff had her so sedated, she fell out of her wheelchair and ended up in the emergency. I used to provide services in convalescent hospitals in California, and I felt their level of care deteriorated. But it was a very nice looking facility. When they take you on the tour, it is absolutely beautiful, but unfortunately that seemed to fall apart. I think the assisted living side when the people were pretty much taking care of themselves was fine, but once you entered into the third floor where they kept the people with dementia and then when you really got bad, they have what they call the spa. At the beginning, I was very with them, but when we took my mother out I was not. She was not getting attention, although they had bingo all the time, they had her out in the van, and they had churches. She was too much trouble, and she couldn’t do it for herself, so they just kind of put her in the room and let her sit.

We are very disappointed that you feel your loved one did not have a good experience while residing at our community. We make every effort to assess and place each individual resident in the area where they can thrive and be successful. We strive to keep all lines of communication open to family and friends. We place the needs of our residents at the top of our priority list. Please contact Rob Kondos, Executive Director at 623-215-1701 to discuss specific concerns in detail. Thank You.

October 16, 2014

By Caring100420350

Woodmark have beautiful apartments, but it was on the second floor. My father couldn’t have his dog, and it was very expensive. The dining room was nice and it was on one floor. The memory care was all on one floor so they didn’t have to go anywhere; it was like you’re in prison. They have entertainment every Sunday, they have cowboy days, and wine days. The place was secured with locked doors and it was pretty, but not to my liking. It was beautiful, but I was just uneasy.

June 30, 2014

By Virginia29

We liked the The Woodmark at Sun City. It had a two bedroom with two bath which was really nice. But my mom noticed that they did not have a swimming pool.

May 30, 2014

By Maryann7

The staff were very kind and attentive at The Woodmark at Sun City. The rooms were lovely, but this facility does not accept Medicaid.

February 27, 2014

By Diana29

Everybody's really nice at The Woodmark. They seem to know all the residents and there was a lot of people around. The rooms are good. They had a lot of different choice of sizes. The dining room was very nice and very pleasant. I know they had exercises classes. They have exercise room, they have bingo, poker, cards, and they go outside for activities once a week. They have memory games, too. What I like was they have a unique program that I didn't find anywhere else. It's called the Monarch Program. It's to keep married couples together when one has memory issues and the other one doesn't. That's the main reason why I picked them. I didn't want to split my mom and dad. They have a whole floor for couples where the memory care person can get the care they needed and the spouse that doesn't have memory issues has the freedom of assisted living rather than memory care.

January 31, 2014

By Gayle7

We saw The Woodmark at Sun City and it was very nice. We met with the chef and she was very nice. She prepared a little dessert for us and so I tasted their food and it was very good. Their dining room was very pretty. Their apartments were nice, but they weren’t as big as the apartment my parents are at.

We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Woodmark at Sun City. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

December 30, 2013

By Virginia15

December 18, 2013

By CaringSon0000039

There was an available room at The Woodmark at Sun City so we put mom there. She was very comfortable there and she liked it. They had activities for her and they had very good food.

September 27, 2013

By Vickie3

We looked at The Woodmark and we liked it, but it's a small community and I needed a larger one for dad to get him more involved with things. I would considered this facility as far as assisted living or for nursing care. The staff were very accommodating and the place is surrounded with a lot of eating places and Walmart. It's has a very central location.

May 09, 2012

By Concerned About Caregiving

This facility is very clean and appears to be very very good. Patient care is excellent.. All staff cares about each patient and each staff. They appear to work as a TEAM

We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

December 20, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a medium sized secured community. There are four buildings which are all inter connected. The buildings and grounds are well maintained. They have trees and greenery. There is and enclosed courtyard with sitting areas and walking paths and gazebos, They have 56 residents in the four houses in private rooms.There are two semi-private rooms.They do Alzheimer's and Memory care. They do housekeeping and laundry. They do 3 restaurant style meals a day and snacks. All rooms are handicapped equipped and have an emergency system. They have a beauty salon, podiatrist, activities area. and central dining room. They have a house doctor and nurses on staff. All caregivers are certified.They have a wellness coordinator.They do transport if necessary to appointments. They have activities 7 days a week.They do exercise program, games, movies, entertainment as piano and other. They go out to events as they can. This seems a nice facility.

Emmyrose, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Independent Living Reviews for The Woodmark at Sun City

December 22, 2014

By Therese4

I visited The Woodmark at Sun City, and it seems to be a really nice facility. It’s also very clean. The people were very helpful. The rooms were of good size, and their dining area was very nice. They had a lot of dining rooms with one on each floor.

October 02, 2014

The Woodmark is quite equal with the other facility we visited, and the problem that we were working for was the longevity of her stay in one of those places without having to move her. Woodmark is the place where we could move her in there and she could stay there possibly three or four years. It was a nice facility and the people were very friendly, but it was in the event that my mother-in-law run out of funds that she was going to have been moved somewhere.

January 29, 2014

By linda6051

I chose to place my mother at The Woodmark at Sun City. It's beautiful and they're very attentive. And, I like the fact that she has her own little apartment, it's not just a room. All of the staff is excellent. The ambiance is very elegant and very nice. I am very happy that she is there. She's been there for two months now and so far everything is going very well.

November 27, 2013

By Diana24

The Woodmark was great facility. It was up to date and modern. They had studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units with handicap accessible bath, full kitchenette and refrigerator. The staff seemed to be competent and happy with their job. The food was top notched. They had gourmet meals and they had choices in the menu. They had chefs that catered to the people. Their dining room was one of the best ones I had ever seen. They had nice tablecloths and folder cloth napkins. They had like a coffee bar where they could get ice cream, popcorn, coffee or tea all day long. They had a lot of activities going on. They had activity room where they play games or do crafts. They had buses that took them to casinos, malls or excursion. They had shops. However, it wasn't a good fit for my mom. They took people who were able to do for themselves and it wouldn't be what my mother needed. With the add-on, it would be $6,500 a month.

August 09, 2012

By Concerned About Caregiving

I visited this facility about a month ago... It is a very nice clean facility. Appears to be kept up very good, nice staff, nice clients, and nice family members who visit the residents. It appears to have great care no matter the need of each resident. Nurses, CNAs are there caring for the residents. The only thing I thought was different is the temp in the facilty. It was to warm, in Sun City it is110+ in the summer and the people there seeme hot and was complaining.. I feel this facilty is great in other routine medical care.

Memory Care Reviews for The Woodmark at Sun City

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• State Licenses: AL11305

About The Woodmark at Sun City

We offer independent living, assisted living, transitional living, and memory care. We have a driver on site for personal transportation services for our residents. We provide all care levels for our residents including end of life care. We have nurses on duty at our community 7 days a week and our care is administered by certified caregivers. We provide housekeeping, laundry services, and daily activities as well as monthly outings to our residents.

We offer Transitions program for residents with beginner stages of dementia who aren't quite ready for memory care.

Map of The Woodmark at Sun City