Hacienda Del Rey

Reviews of Hacienda Del Rey

Assisted Living Reviews for Hacienda Del Rey

March 22, 2017

By Alicia605630

Everybody was very nice at Hacienda del Ray, and their residents seemed very happy. The rooms were older but clean and nice. Their staff members were very nice and knew what they were doing. When we were there, the residents were listening to someone playing the piano.

December 16, 2016

Hacienda Del Rey is right across the street from where I work. They’re a smaller, brand-new, very modern, and very clean community. They were not as personable and did not spend much time with me. They don’t have a dining room. THey have homes with a kitchen area and a small place where they eat. It wasn’t the right fit for my dad.

January 25, 2016

By Judi13

The Hacienda del Rey was a new property, very clean, and very nice. It has houses, and in each house was about 10 residents. It’s like a home where each one has her own room, and it enters into a common area where the staff cooks the meals. Then they have the living room and the dining room in the open. It looks very much like a modern home setup with the open concept, and the little bar area that has the stools with the island in the dining room. So, it’s kind of neat, and different. The only reason we did not go with them is that not only is it very modern, but it’s also furnished very modern. It will probably do really well in about 10 years when people, who are ready to move in, are more into that modern style. Mom’s more into the home feeling where it’s wood instead of chrome, and stuff like that. One house will have the gym, and if somebody wanted to go to the library then maybe the library was in another house. They’re escorted to the other places they want to go, but they had activities. There’s a craft room in one of the houses, so each one of the houses had a designated special room. They had different things going on in there. It just wasn’t what our mother liked the best.

December 30, 2015

By Kelly B1

Hacienda Del Rey had the place locked down for the safety of the residents because of their degree of mental capabilities, but it's more like a home environment. It's like a small apartment complex or a big house with 10 bedrooms. It had one large kitchen and one large living area where everybody gathered. They had alarms everywhere, and it was very well supervised. They had nurses and a staff that cooked fresh food for every meal. We had a very quick meeting. They were all shocked because we walked in the door and the alarm went off so loud that it startled everybody; it really startled the patients.

October 29, 2015

By Debby8

What I like about Hacienda Del Rey is that it's a place with houses that are 6000 square feet, and each house has 10 rooms in it. They have their own bedroom with a bathroom and you can get a shower if you want. They have a big common area where they eat and watch TV and have crafts. It's a small community which makes it nicer for my mother who has dementia, so she doesn't get lost going somewhere, and she would be able to interact with people but not too many. There are usually four caregivers there, which is a pretty good ratio. I was really happy with their setup. It's brand new and they're working on getting everybody trained.

May 24, 2015

By Larry Hodge

This is a great place to live where everyone is so helpful and caring. Food is like home. They let me do my thing, and they have things for us to do.

May 15, 2015

By Duffy Pulson

Place is fantastic. Staff is very friendly. Residents are happy. Food is great. Professional management staff is compassionate.

April 28, 2015

By Jack Gannon

I visited two other places and this is the best because of staff friendliness. The food is always presented well, tastes good, and they have home made desserts. Beautiful community amenities.

April 23, 2015

By Linda Stallard

Absolutely phenomenal since day one! They treat my dad like family. Love it.

April 22, 2015

By Judy Hill

Excellent caring program. A beautiful environment. I cannot say enough about how well I am taken care of!!

Memory Care Reviews for Hacienda Del Rey

Questions about Hacienda Del Rey

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Redirection, elopement drills, behaviors

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Hacienda Del Rey. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

81. Entertainers, outings, bingo, crafts.

What programs or activities does Hacienda Del Rey offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Yoga, stretching, brain matters, puzzles, seminars

What places are near Hacienda Del Rey or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Safeway, restaurants, salon

What transportation services does Hacienda Del Rey offer to assisted living residents?

M, W, F - Dr's appointments. We also offer scenic drives and a variety of shopping trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Hacienda Del Rey exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Healthy heart alternative menu. Multiple daily specials along with alternatives. Display cooking presentations, Chef's Corner (resident's suggestions).

What safety features or security measures does Hacienda Del Rey offer to assisted living residents?

Secured doors, safety checks, guidelines of CDC Covid protocols.

How does Hacienda Del Rey keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

In person visits, emails, Voice Friend group text messages, phone calls

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Hacienda Del Rey during daytime and nighttime hours?

5:1

If Hacienda Del Rey accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes. Beautiful large secured courtyard

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in service training, drills, seminars

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime: 24 Staffers Overnight: 12 Staffers

What safety features or security measures does Hacienda Del Rey provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured environment (even courtyard)

What programs or activities does Hacienda Del Rey offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Full activity calendar. We have the resident's history the staff will utilize with each resident.

Our LPN. Every 3 months or change of condition

What techniques does Hacienda Del Rey use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Background music, fast service, assistance with feeding

How does Hacienda Del Rey keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Based on service plan and incident reports. The families are called.

Describe the neighborhood around Hacienda Del Rey. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential but close to shopping.

Is Hacienda Del Rey affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We have great relationships with local hospitals and SNFs.

Costs for Hacienda Del Rey

Photos of Hacienda Del Rey

Services and Amenities of Hacienda Del Rey

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL9581H

About Hacienda Del Rey

Hacienda Del Rey is a warm, inviting community that provides a service-enriched lifestyle and high-quality care in a comfortable, family-like setting. We are conveniently located close to shops, restaurants, a multitude of recreational opportunities, and excellent medical services.

Hacienda Del Rey is a vibrant community with all the amenities of home and none of the hassle. Our person-centered care and services are based on the unique preferences and needs of you and your loved one(s). Whether you enjoy one of our gracious assisted living homes or require the support of our specialized memory care neighborhood, Connections for Living by MBK℠, our team of dedicated associates is committed to enriching your life and providing a warm, friendly environment with the finest services and amenities and the most attentive support and care – everything to make you feel at home here. It is our enduring purpose to "exceed the quality, service, and care expectations of those we serve.

Our senior community at Hacienda Del Rey is designed to include features that are reminiscent of a charming neighborhood, with welcoming homes to call your own. Soak in the sun on a casual stroll through our landscaped grounds, stay fit in one of our daily fitness classes, or enjoy a meal among friends in our elegant dining room. As a resident of Hacienda Del Rey, you will have access to these amenities both inside and out of your home.

Map of Hacienda Del Rey