The Palms at Sun City

Reviews of The Palms at Sun City

Assisted Living Reviews for The Palms at Sun City

March 29, 2017

By Tina574774

They had lots of activities. They had a men's group and an active music program there, and music is extremely important to my dad, so that's what stood out to me. The food was excellent, and everybody seemed more active there. They had a beautiful dining room, lots of clubs, and lots of activities going on all the time. I like how the lobby was laid out because it was welcoming and didn't look old or decrepit. I liked their food, and that’s important because my dad likes good-tasting food. The person who does the touring was exceptional, very caring, loving, and understanding, and I'm very impressed with her as well.

February 26, 2017

By Karen453731

It was the loveliest of the places I've seen. You walk in the door, and it looks like a luxury hotel. The people are extremely warm and welcoming. We know someone that lived there, and their apartment was nicer than our home. Everyone raves about the food, they have kitchens, but they don't use them. They have 3 meals a day. They have a very active place with clubs, and people come in for lectures. They have a gym. If you have the money, it would be a great place.

December 15, 2016

By Carol727526

It is very nice, bright, and clean. We had a very good lunch there. The common areas and rooms are very bright and cheery. The outside courtyard and the pool area are beautiful. They serve continental breakfast and 20 meals a month, but you could purchase more if you want.

December 15, 2016

By Happy Visitor405336

The community had a theater, activity room, pool, exercise rooms, and all the normal activities of assisted living. The rooms were very nice. Generally, I was impressed that they were fairly large and had a nice selection of rooms that were very nice. I dined there several times. The dining area was very nice and well appointed, and the food was good.

October 24, 2015

We liked the layout of the rooms, and if we decide to make a move, that’s where we would go because we already picked what type of apartment we liked the most. The staff is very good. We will probably select an apartment closer to the dining area.

September 29, 2015

By Lisa113940550

My dad is on a waiting list. We like the ratio of independent living to assisted living people. There are more independent living residents at this particular facility than we have seen at some of the other facilities, and my dad is more independent. That is something that we are looking for. We like the option to have assisted living when he needs it while he is in the independent to maintain his independence, to be able to enjoy the community and hopefully the social calendar and stuff that they will have. In terms of the people working there, they are very friendly. We had a tour and ate lunch at the facility, which was very nice. We saw the social calendar. It looks like every day, they have options to do many different things from shopping to playing cards to exercising, and different options, which are also nice. My dad can pick and choose if he wants to do one thing a day or whatever. We also see quite a few residents out and about doing things, which we like.

August 20, 2015

By Anonymous112029750

I was in here two years ago. As I recall, it was very nice and had a lot of activities and a lot of nice people around. This was two years ago, and I was looking for something different at that time, but I liked the people that I met. I thought they were very friendly. You didn't go in there and everybody turns away; everybody was very welcoming.

July 28, 2015

I looked up this community for my in-laws. They take great care of my husband’s parents, and I have no complaints. The staff is kind, caring, and very responsive. The rooms are pretty large units, and they have lots of space. It’s clean -- a little older but nice. The food is really good, they are very happy with it, and the dining room is very nice. They participated in bible study, played old church songs, and got together with people.

July 20, 2015

It seemed a little homier. The people were friendly, even the residents there, and it seemed like everybody was helpful. The facility was very clean. There were no odors at all, and I didn't smell anything when I walked in.

July 04, 2015

By Slyvia1

The staff that assisted us during our visit was very nice. The place was very nice and clean as well. It's a large place; everything was nice there. We looked at small floor plans, but they looked comfortable. Their dining room was set up very nice, and it looks like a nice place to eat. We did not observe any activities, but we did receive a calendar, and there are lots of activities all month long.

June 30, 2015

By Penny12

Our experience was excellent. The staff was topnotch and excellent.

September 22, 2014

By Lloyd4

I like the area. The rooms were pretty nice. Most of the people were very nice. They did have activities. They had trips and movies. I felt more at home there here. I think anybody would like it very much. I like the views there.

August 27, 2014

By Deb17

Everything is nice, clean and upbeat. They have different activities like music and variety shows that she really likes, as well as Wii bowling and church service. The staff is really wonderful and excellent! I don’t have anything bad to say about any of them because we worked with custodians who were painting the ceiling for her. They interact with the patients and are very personable. The area is very good and they just put in new carpet. They’re in the process of putting in new carpets throughout the whole building and the maintenance men are right on top of it. If she has a problem, they come up to check it out right away. Mom is very impressed with all of that and they made her feel welcome.

August 04, 2014

We moved in. We think it's a very nice and very friendly place. It is a very good facility. It is quite open, sunny, bright, and inviting. The accommodations are excellent. There are days when the food is not what you wished for, although I think they do a very good job overall considering the many meals they have to prepare every day. They have several types of poker; they have Bingo; and they have all sorts of physical therapy. They also have a lot of meetings that you can go to on various topics. We are enjoying our stay here.

June 30, 2014

By Virginia29

The community did not have a memory care unit but we liked it nonetheless. It was visually appealing, you felt alive when you walked through the door.

June 19, 2014

The visit went fine. The staff showed us around and everything looked great. They offered us food, but we had already eaten. The people are very nice.

November 20, 2013

By Paul24

I went to visit but they were getting older and they were about to retire. They thought they could not give my mom adequate care for her condition, so they recommended to find another place. They were courteous and professional.

November 19, 2012

By ww2007

The staff was friendly from my personal interactions. She seemed lonely though and quite sad to be there. But my grandmother needs extra care so my father will often go in to watch her and help her clean up, make her food, and such. Instead of spending money to have around the clock care and assistance. The living situation was quite nice, she has her own space which is very necessary with her, as she can get testy easily when she feels neglected. The facility itself is very nice and offered everything we have at home for her so that was very convenient that she didn't have to go without the comforts of nice surroundings that she is used to. I believe she said she was in a club or something where she gets to do art with some of the other residents, which is good for her to get out and be social, even if she doesn't want to i'm happy that it provides a healthy bonding experience for her to meet other people so she doesn't have to rely on family 24/7 for companionship. As much as we love her, we can not be there for her everyday.

Independent Living Reviews for The Palms at Sun City

July 10, 2021

By M.J.

I was just at The Palms at Sun City and I did their tour. The rooms are very roomy; they give you a lot more room. And there were just so many features that we liked better than the other place we visited. We didn't sample any of the food, but we were very impressed with it compared to all the other places we visited. We liked all of the amenities. It's all built around a central point, so everything is on the inside and it was very, very attractive. I only met one staff member but he was wonderful. The ambience was nice, and it just really appealed to us, especially the size of the apartments. They have a pool, and they're well located for shopping and things like that.

July 06, 2021

By Molly

The Palms at Sun City is my second choice. It's very clean, very neat, and has large rooms which are very normal for any of the Sun City homes or apartments. The staff was very personable, everybody knew her, and I even saw some people that I knew down there. The dining area was very clean, looked neat, and the whole facility was nice. There were not quite as many activities as the first place we toured, but they had plenty. They have bingo, card games, they put on skits and they have something where you do acrobatics. The layout of the place is very good.

March 14, 2020

By Christine

I really like it. The grounds were beautiful, the patios were amazing, and there was a lot of green area. The staff was lovely. It's #1 on our list right now because it has assisted living and independent living. They've got a heated pool, 20 meals plus breakfast a month, and the meals were reasonably priced. They had a very nice kitchen cooking area and wi-fi. They also had transitional plan before you needed assisted living, which is called independent plus services that you pay by the hour. They've been doing a lot of renovations. I really liked the size of the balcony, and the utilities were included in the price. The staff was delightful and spent lots of time with me. I had nothing but very positive responses from the residents. They had an affiliation with Sun City Recreation Center, and their buses take you there and to and from the grocery stores. I was very impressed. It's very well established. The residents wore name tags, and it seemed that the staff knew everybody.

Christine, It was our pleasure to show you around! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

January 23, 2020

By NH

It was a very nice place. I'm very impressed with it. The staff during the tour was outstanding in every way. I liked the rooms very much. They were decent sized, and I liked the amount of closet space. I would recommend it.

Thanks for visiting us at Atria Heritage Sun City. It was our pleasure to show you around, and we hope to see you again soon!

August 01, 2019

By James

It looks fine. The staff is helpful and friendly. Sometimes the food is wonderful, but sometimes it's terrible. My room is homey. They have several activities. There's an association of residents with a little governance involvement. I go to their happy hour.

James, Your feedback is important to us at Atria Heritage Sun City. We'd like to invite you to our next Food for Thought meeting where you can talk directly with the Chef and even share recipes. We hope to see you there.

August 30, 2018

By Barbara

Heritage Sun City had a screened-in porch and we have a cat, so we thought that would be a great place for a cat. They have a garage too. The staff was great and the food was better. The apartment was so large that it wasn't a problem. They have a library and an exercise room. They have a whirlpool, a pool, and lots of activities.

October 27, 2015

By Timothy8

It was good. The guy was nice enough; he gave us a tour. He showed us the rooms. You could customize them and we thought that that was good enough for us. Then, we like the way he explained their care for their customers/clients. He explained how they take care of people as they move from independent living to assisted living to memory care. We're really impressed that they really care. They gave us lunch, and the lunch was nice. There were lots of old people there, but we figured we would be old too, so that didn't really bother us. I would give them an A; we would go there.

September 09, 2013

By Rey10

I've been living here for four years and I'm very satisfied here. I have a lot of friends here. I liked the friendliness and the people cared about one another.

Questions about The Palms at Sun City

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Palms at Sun City. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

25 units and 24 people live in AL. Average age is 85. They love the morning exercise classes, bingo, and happy hour

How does The Palms at Sun City keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Phone, Email, Text

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Palms at Sun City. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age 79. Sun City is a destination for 55+.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Sun City Recreation centers, Arizona Broadway Theatre, Arrowhead Mall, Westgate, Peoria Sports Complex

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Palms at Sun City has organized?

Luncheon outings to various restaurants, Talking Stick Casino, Diamond Casino

What transportation services does The Palms at Sun City offer to independent living residents?

Transportation with in 10 mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Palms at Sun City exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

2 specials a day and Full menu to order from. All made to order.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Pool, Garden Courtyard.

Costs for The Palms at Sun City

Photos of The Palms at Sun City

Services and Amenities of The Palms at Sun City

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About The Palms at Sun City

Our philosophy of service at The Palms at Sun City Assisted and Senior Living in Sun City, Arizona, is that Independent and Assisted Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents’ privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the largest and most spacious in Sun City. The Palms provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Respite services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with all day restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing and Assisted Living environment provide full-service senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Arizona, serving Sun City and surrounding communities.

Additional Services & Amenities:
  • Computer Office, Library, Coffee Shop, Auditorium
  • 24-Hour Staffing & Emergency Response
  • Month to Month Leases
  • Full Size Kitchen, Washer & Dryer in Every Apartment

If you or your loved one is looking for a safe place to call home that also offers resort-style amenities, The Palms at Sun City may be the perfect fit.

Map of The Palms at Sun City