Westgate Village Glendale, AZ

Reviews of Westgate Village

Independent Living Reviews for Westgate Village

March 06, 2021

By Monica

Westgate Village is easy to move around. It's all in one building, and their units are really spacious. The staff seems to be friendly, and they even said to me that being two years away from being 55 myself, and a person with a physical disability, they could get me in with my mom if we choose to relocate there. The model unit they showed us can fit a queen size bed, and it had a nicely open kitchen. Under normal times, it's big enough for a few visitors. They also have your cable TV hooked up, your internet included. It was very homey and the receptionist was very helpful. During these times, they were making food packages for the residents. They have a big spacious dining room and even though they are social distancing right now, they had four tables put together so that a group of four people could eat together. They sent me home with some food from that dining room too and it was very good. They have games and a fitness center. They do shopping and can take you to doctors' appointments.

February 18, 2021

By ReviewerAT0112A

Westgate Village is great. My parents are in quarantine for the first two weeks, so there's not much going on obviously right now, but the people are great, and everything's been good. The food is good and well-rounded, much better than the situation they have been in previously, as to options and quality. The facilities are great, but we haven't been able to utilize them. It's shut down, but they've got lots of great options. It's great as far as the cleanliness, how it's taken care of and maintained, and the options that are available when they can get out of the apartment.

January 28, 2021

By Joan

Westgate Village was in a quite busy area with stores and restaurants. The football stadium and the hockey arena are right there. The staff seemed very nice. The dining room was open and there were people around. The apartments were quite nice. I looked at three different rooms, and they have a studio. The 1-bedroom seemed small to me but they're bright and nice. They have a nice program that was called "Snowbirds". You can go down and get an apartment for a minimum of three months, for how many months you want during the winter, and not all year round. The staff were very friendly. I happen to like trees and they did not have any. They have grass but they did not have trees, there's a lot of sunshine. I would want to see more green around it.

January 16, 2021

By George

I've been staying in Westgate Village and it's been very good. The food is excellent and they have a full-time chef. The staff is very good, kind, and efficient. My room is great, it's very, very nice. It's all very good, and I'm really happy here. I highly recommend it. I haven't participated in any activities yet because I'm still in quarantine. It's definitely very worthwhile. This happened to be the first place I visited and it was everything I could expect, so I really didn't bother to look at other places anymore.

December 18, 2020

By Susan

My mom is now at Westgate Village. So far, it's wonderful. It's absolutely wonderful. She has only been there a little while, but the whole thing has been great. The staff is extremely welcoming and accommodating. The facility is beautiful. There's nothing there that we don't like so far. The rooms are beautiful. They're really, really good, just perfectly set up for an older person. My mom is actually in a studio apartment. She is pretty picky with the food, but so far she has had good thing to say about it. As far as I remember, they're having her quarantined for two weeks before she is allowed to participate in anything. They have bingo and painting. They have a little movie theater room.

December 18, 2020

By Paula

I went to Westgate Village. My friend and I went into the facility. We arranged to have it in-person. It was a very positive tour. The staff was very friendly. The person who contacted me had great communication skills. Also communicating right away and following up, they have been outstanding in that regard. The facility itself is beautiful. It's very upgraded, so it's really a nice facility. It's also newer because it is only two years old. The room is very nice. It's upgraded with granite counter tops and stainless steel. The facility is very bright and open. The rooms are terrific. They're nice sizes. We saw different layouts. They're very willing to work with what was in the room and with adjusting closets. With the COVID, they were very good about separating. They were bringing snacks to the rooms throughout the day, and the snacks really looked good. That was really nice. I wouldn't mind being in that place. It's great.

December 14, 2020

By Christine

I chose Westgate Village for my friend because of convenience, the price, and amenities. It's an awesome place. If I was retiring, I would move there personally. The staff is very helpful, knowledgeable, and very professional. They've got a heated pool, lots of entertainment, outings, trips to the doctors, three meals a day plus two snacks. We ate there the first day, they served me as well, and the food was very good. Once she is out of quarantine, she'll be able to do a lot and play her music because she's a musician, so she's very happy about that. It's very easy for the elderly to get around because of wide hallways, and they use their scooters on-site. It's really nice for elderly people. I've spoken to many, but this one stuck out my friend's eyes, so I went that way. It's a love at first sight for her. She was very happy with that.

March 14, 2020

By Christine

Westgate Village was brand new and very nice. The person during the visit was delightful. It seemed a very good place to stay. I'm concerned of the low occupancy rate after a year, which surprises me considering it's such a lovely place. I was also concerned that because they're new, they don't have such a well-developed entertainment activities agenda. They didn't have a woodworking area or craft classes or meetings set up, which is my husband's and my interest. It didn't seem to have as many organized adventures out. It had independent living only, which was a concern for us as well. They had a bistro and a lovely dining room and the menu looked great. It's a Holiday retirement and you could stay at a whole load of different Holiday places in the United States, and they give you the opportunity to stay there for a week for free.

Thank you for stopping by to visit us and to tour our beautiful community! We are so happy that you are considering Westgate Village, and we look forward to having you visit again. In the meantime, if you have additional questions, do not hesitate to reach out.

July 02, 2019

By A reviewer

Westgate Village was very nice, but the apartments were all inside one building and you'd have to park in the parking lot and then walk down a long hallway to your apartment. They had a library, a heated pool, and a workout room. The staff was very nice and very informative. The location was great because it was very close to family and Westgate Shopping Center was really close.

June 20, 2019

By Ron

Westgate Village is a brand-new facility with very few residents. It's high quality construction. The front office people were helpful and professional. There are contracted providers that you can work with. It's strictly independent living. It was very nicely done, but the rooms were a little smaller than the other places we visited. They have a gym, an eating area, they serve three meals a day, there's a beauty shop, recreation room, group activities, and transportation locally. The accommodations were like apartments.

June 18, 2019

By Rich

My wife and I toured the facility. It appears to be an exceptional facility. It is a new place and seems to be a grand place for independent living.

April 30, 2019

By Jeanne

Westgate Village is brand new so it was very beautiful, airy, and spacious. There weren't very many people living there yet when I visited. There were quite a few amenities and activities to choose from, and most of them were close by, including the casino. Even painting is offered, which I thought was very nice. They also have puzzles, reading, a library, and music. It was interesting. The room they showed me was way too small. The kitchen has a space where you can put bar stools in lieu of a dining table because the living room isn't big enough to accommodate even a small dining table. The staff member who showed me around was friendly, but seemed a little bit nervous the whole time. The food itself was fairly good but wasn’t topnotch.

October 08, 2018

By Visitor

Westgate Village's employees are very friendly. The place is very clean and professional. It was very nice, and they were popping popcorn when I was there so it smelled good in the air. It's just beautiful and very good. Everything that I saw that I wanted to do, they had. They have a game room, movies, a gym, spa, a hair salon, and transportation, which is a big thing for me.

Hello! Thank you for visiting us at Westgate Village. It's great to hear you enjoyed your tour, we believe our community is beautiful too! We hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if we can help answer any questions. Thanks!

September 06, 2018

By Steve W.

Very modern and beautiful facility, staffed with caring and friendly people. Top-notch dining and transportation services. Full assortment of activities to keep us busy. Fitness center equipped with the latest equipment. Decided to move here was my best decision.

Hello Steve, firstly, thank you for choosing to be a resident of Westgate Village. We are truly glad you choose to make Westgate home. We appreciate the positive review. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Questions about Westgate Village

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Westgate Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of Westgate Village retirement communities is 80. Our residents enjoy bingo, karaoke, happy hour, our in-house entertainment on Wednesdays and Fridays, as well as morning exercise classes followed by a smoothie and juice bar.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Westgate Village is near the vibrant Westgate Entertainment District, which offers plenty of shopping, dining, as well as a bowling alley and theater. Residents love finding deals at the nearby Tanger Outlets and attending Arizona Cardinals game at the stadium close to us.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Westgate Village has organized?

Residents recently enjoyed participating in a chip and golf tournament as well as a motocross event at cardinal stadium and a Valentine’s Day mixer with another senior living community.

What transportation services does Westgate Village offer to independent living residents?

Westgate Village offers scheduled transportation for errands and appointments Monday through Thursday and transportation to outings like plays, movies, restaurants, and the zoo on Fridays and Saturdays.

What makes the chef or dining program at Westgate Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Residents love the many choices and options our chef provides. We offer 3 chef-prepared meals a day. Residents choose from five breakfast choices, four lunch entrees, and six to eight dinner entrees. We also offer an “anytime menu,” with staple items at meals.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Westgate Village common areas include a bistro, theater, activity room, salon, fitness center, restaurant-style dining area, and chapel.

What safety features or security measures does Westgate Village offer to independent living residents?

All independent living residents have a GreatCall emergency response device.

If Westgate Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are excited to be breaking ground for a dog park for our four-legged friends to enjoy.

Does Westgate Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with several independent home health care agencies in the area to support our residents’ needs.

Costs for Westgate Village

Photos of Westgate Village

Services and Amenities of Westgate Village

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Westgate Village

Experience the best of the Arizona lifestyle with Westgate Village. Conveniently located in Glendale, Westgate Village offers year-round sunshine and resort-like amenities, all within 30 minutes of downtown Phoenix. This brand new independent senior living community is close to the Westgate Entertainment District, plus a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options, including the Gila River Arena, the University of Phoenix Stadium, Tanger Factory Outlets, and the Desert Diamond Casino. Active seniors will enjoy nearby parks and walking trails.

Inside, Westgate Villages offers independent seniors an inviting brand-new community. Each apartment includes granite countertops, stainless appliances and a washer and dryer. Enjoy nutritious, chef-prepared meals in the restaurant-style dining room, or visit our community bistro for coffee and lite-fare options. Our activity calendar supports various interests like fitness classes, local day trips, volunteer opportunities, and more. Venture outside and enjoy our spacious grounds. Walk your pet, birdwatch at the local park, or soak up sunshine by our pool. Whatever your desire, Westgate Village is a community you’ll be delighted to call home. Schedule a visit today.

Map of Westgate Village