Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

Offers Independent Living

18626 Spanish Garden Drive , Sun City West, AZ 85375
Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 30 days

Up to $4500 in rent incentives in the month of March.

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

February 28, 2018

By Robert

Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West (formerly The Madison) was a nice place. It had gardens, a swimming pool, workout centers, very nice cafeteria/dining room, a lot of extra rooms here and there, and a library. During the last year of Mom's life, she was pretty demented, but she enjoyed going down eating, she would take some walks here and there, and she kind of kept to herself. The food was good. I was pretty impressed with the place. People were in the library, outside enjoying the outdoors, and a lot were in the dining room. There were all sorts of people visiting such as different singers, people reading poetry, and entertainment. There was something going on all the time. The staff was very helpful.

March 04, 2017

By Sherry201477

I was very pleased with their thorough programs and activities. It was very nice. I liked the recreation program.

January 03, 2017

By Lori088252

The food and activities seem very good. They have plenty to do every day. The amenities are nice; they have a pool and a restaurant, and then another eating area under a covered patio overlooking the pool area. They have a koi pond and nice greenery. My mother-in-law likes to walk a lot since she's an outdoor person, so this community is really the best one. She lives in an apartment and has a very small kitchen with a stove and oven. She can cook, but if it gets to where it's not safe for her to, the stove and oven can be turned off.

November 23, 2016

By Franki464770

It is very upscale and very modern. The environment is very nice and very clean. It's a place you'd want to be.

May 17, 2015

They had nice gardens. As I recall, there was a walkway between the independent living and the assisted living. I think it was quite amazing that the people who work there seemed like they really enjoy their jobs. We were invited to have lunch, and it was very nice. It looked like the meal was well planned. It was quite good. The facility was a little small as far as the living area, but other than that it seemed quite adequate. The rooms were fairly small. They had a balcony at one end so you could sit outside.

May 12, 2015

It is very nice; I like the facility in general. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are very nice. They have most everything: exercise, swimming, bowling, trips to the casino, and limousine rides to wherever they need to go. We just felt more comfortable with it.

April 30, 2015

By Anne105553250

It was beautiful. It was very well staffed. We actually spent a night there and had a meal with them. It was excellent. The apartment was very nice. It was a one-bedroom, and it had a small kitchen, a bathroom, and a balcony.

March 19, 2015

The tour was fine, but compared with the other places, it is not. The community really needed to be updated on a lot of stuff. It was a nice visit, but it is definitely not what I really want. There seem to be a lot of people around. They seem to be nice and friendly.

October 22, 2014

By Astrid1

The chef made the food more interesting here than all the other places. They are well trained and have interesting ideas. The staff called everybody by their names and knew something about the residents. They have nice apartments but like the other places, they were kind of small. They have many activities for the day and they have a calendar for the month. For the men, they’ve got poker and they showed movies every evening. They took them on walks, they had outings to local shopping or to places interesting to see. I’m hoping to move in in 4-6 weeks.

August 04, 2014

By Nancy88426450

The community is wonderful; even though it was older than the others, it was run a lot better. Everything was just nice and neat and the grounds were great. The view from the dining room was nice. Everybody seemed to be enjoying the food and it looked really nice, but we were not able to try it. The rooms were a nice size and it was quite reasonable. The apartments we visited -- one was a two-bedroom unit and both bedrooms were of nice size. The closet space was good. They had a nice kitchen with plenty of cupboards, a sink, refrigerator, and stove. I thought it was pretty impressive.

January 17, 2014

What I like about the community is that it's local. I live in Sun City West and some of the people I know live there. Also the amenities of the community are open to their residents there, and that's something I like. I also like going to the library and getting books, water exercises and water walking, etc., and these are the things that are open to me as well. They did have activities that I was interested in. They would play cards, bingo, they would have field trips and if you want to go to a store, that can be arranged, etc. It was certainly an active community. The staff was very friendly and very cordial. They have been sending me newsletter to show their amenities and all the busy things they do. They also showed me their menus of what they serve. I ate there and the food was very good. The dining room was very nice and there's lot of choices. If you didn't see anything you like, there is also another menu with stuff that people usually eat, e.g., a hamburger goes always. It's very nice. My friend has an apartment there and it's very nice. She likes it. She seems to be happy there. She hasn't been there very long, yet she's fitting in. She has met some of her neighbors that live on the same hall as she does. They have been very nice to her and cordial and have had lunch with her.

July 24, 2013

The staff is extremely helpful and very friendly. The transportation people are wonderful. The food is good and they have a chef on staff. Everybody who works there know all the residents, their doctor's appointment and it works out really well. There are plenty of activities, about five or six a day.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a wonderful group of residents that make up our population. We have those that our enjoy life completely independent and take advantage of our care-free lifestyle. Others utilize some of the wonderful home health organizations to help make their lives easier with daily tasks. The average age of the community is approximately 85; however, with a larger community such as we have it makes for a diverse grouping. At our community we pride ourselves in offering approximately 8 activities daily and multiple musical acts throughout each month. Activities ranges from bingo and card games, to art and exercise courses to a happy hour.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are conveniently located next to many restaurants and shops (some literally across the street). In addition, we are under 5 minutes away from Sun City West Recreation Center. In addition, all residents receive a complimentary Sun City West Recreation Card (value over $400) which grants access to golf courses, swimming pools, a bowling alley, ballroom dancing, a auto restoration club, metal shop, radio club, and much more. We are also less than 5 minutes away from Banner Del Web Hospital and multiple medical centers, doctors offices, pharmacies, and specialists.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West has organized?

In coordination with our Vibrant Life program, we do outings (utilizing our transportation team) to various restaurants, the symphony, and even spring training baseball games. Past outings have included trips to museums, Lake Pleasant, and more.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West offer to independent living residents?

Our community provides scheduled transportation three days per week and Sunday church service. During the three days of weekly service, we have two shopping days and one for medical appointments. We utilize a bus with a chair lift as well as a sedan. We offer this complimentary service within an approximate range of 10 miles. We sometimes have scheduled trips to specific restaurants and other events that residents may sign up for as well.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We pride ourselves on the strength of our food program. Our Culinary Services Director, Andy Morales, has been with us for 7 years and our longest tenured server has been with us since 1988! Every resident is entitled to three meals every day. We also feature snacks throughout the day and special events like BBQ's and car shows that also have complimentary food for residents. Our program features menu items ranging from comfort food to prime rib. From day-to day, the cuisine can be American, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and more. We always have a salad bar at all meals as well as an alternative menu available just in case. We don't have enough space to list the desserts. Our dining hall is open for approximately 2 hours per meal and there is no assigned seating. The services staff is very attentive and become close to our residents.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We are fortunate that our community has many places for residents to enjoy. We have an amazing koi pond and waterfall on property as well as a heated pool and indoor spa. Other areas include multiple game rooms, a billiard room, cinema room, and our very popular Coca-Cola themed room for bingo and other activities. We also have a large "fireside" room where we have our indoor concerts and even a greenhouse to participate in when the weather is right. We also have a large fitness room which features recumbent machines, treadmills, free weights, and even an pneumatic series of machines that use air power instead of changing plates or bands.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West offer to independent living residents?

All residents are issued a complimentary Greatcall emergency pendant. This device runs on cell phone technology and can be used throughout the US. It is waterproof, can be uploaded with a residents medical history, and has a GPS tracking feature. In addition, we have a concierge on duty from 6:30am to 7:30pm.

If Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our residents love their animals. We understand how important it can be to have a four legged companion. There are many areas, such as our courtyard, were residents can walk their dog. We do have a pet policy in place for the benefit for all residents.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Though the staff of our community does not offer medical or home health assistance; we do have organization with offices and staff right here in our building. All Care Services can help provide residents services from simple medication management to bathing and other needs. Each resident is typically given a custom plan to keep costs down. Many residents sign up with these groups and do not use them daily; rather they sign up just in case they need help when they are not feeling good, etc. Also, we are proud to have a small division of Sante Rehabilitation in our building for those that need help when returning from the hospital and more. They have been able to help many residents recover in the comfort of their home.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• Independent Living Starting At: $2099/month
  • Get Costs

About Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Sun City West