107 Assisted Living Facilities near Sun City West, AZ
There are 107 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sun City West area, with 3 in Sun City West and 104 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sun City West is $3,497 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Surprise with an average starting cost of $2,562.
To help you with your search, browse the 481 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sun City West. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sun City West 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Buckeye with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sun City West, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sun City West, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sun City West
Sun City West is a short drive from White Tanks Regional Parks and Lake Pleasant and boasts a lot of entertainment options for local seniors to enjoy. Over 80 percent of the residents of this city are aged 65 years and over, which creates a need for assisted living communities.
These facilities, of which there are three in Sun City West and over 100 in nearby communities, help support locals complete tasks associated with daily living. All of these facilities are regulated by The Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sun City West
- Crime is reported in the Sun City West area at a much lower rate than the national averages. When using a scale of 1 to 100, where 100 represents the worst crime rates, Sun City West is rated 11 for violent crime and 29.5 for property crime. When these figures are compared to the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively, this may make this area an appealing choice for seniors who are concerned about crime.
- The Sun City West area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Banner Del E Webb Medical Center and the Banner Boswell Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sun City West has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Banner Olive Branch Senior Center, an organization that provides local residents with a place to meet friends, enjoy food and participate in a range of fun and free activities, as well as two other senior centers.
Weather in the Sun City West area is ideal for seniors who enjoy the outdoor life. The area gets an average of ten inches of rain a year and zero inches of snow, compared to the national average of 39 and 26, respectively.
- Seniors living in Sun City West can take advantage of a number of transportation options that are provided by the Sun City West Foundation. Including a volunteer program that offers rides to seniors.
- The overall cost of living in Sun City West may be unaffordable for some seniors as it's around 13 percent more expensive than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sun City West
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Sun City West start around $3,497 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sun City West and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sun City West
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, which is the state's Medicaid agency, can help eligible seniors subsidize the cost of an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sun City West
Sun City West and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sun City West, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sun City West
Sun City West-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Sun City West, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sun City West
Review of Grandview Terrace
Grandview Terrace is very nice. It seems like they thought of everything somebody might need living in a community like that, and everything is right there on site. The facility was beautiful, and ... Read more
Review of Sun City West
We visited Brookdale Sun City West Sandridge and liked it. The rooms that they showed us were clean and spacious. At the time we were there, they didn't have any activities going on. The staff was ... Read more
Review of Sun City West
My stepfather was released with short notice from a rehabilitation facility after suffering a stroke. In spite of the short notice, the administrative and nursing staff were able to get both my par... Read more