Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Reviews of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

November 04, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a beautiful one story facility. They have nice shade trees, grass, flowers, and greenery. All is well maintained. They have a central courtyard with a gazebo and two patios. They have 52 assisted rooms and semi-private. All are handicapped equipped and have emergency call systems and private baths. These are large sunny rooms They do housekeeping and laundry. They have a fine dining room which is restaurant style. They do 3 meals and snacks. The food is very good. They do passisted and have a memory care too. They work with physicians who come, there is a nurse, and they work with other community agencies for resident care. They have an activity director, a beautician, and all caregivers are certified. The staff is very good and caring. They do lots of activities as, chair exercises, bingo, movie night in the large living room, they have a small library, and do arts and crafts. They do lots of outings to ball games, shopping, and community events. This is a nice, clean facility with lots of amenities for residents.

July 30, 2011

By Dorthy Heckler

I thought the staff did a great job of making the residents feel comfortable and as if they were at home. The facilities looked clean and brand new. There weren't really any negative aspects of the facility. I thought though that the staff could've done a better job of cleaning the toilets. There were a couple surprises left for me when I first entered a couple times. The people there are very friendly and know what they're doing though. They treat each resident gently and guide them in the right direction. I would probably send my parents to this facility when it's their time. I would also recommend this facility for anybody who is looking for an Assisted Living Facility. I've been to numerous facilities in Arizona, but I can honestly say that this one is top class and one of the best. I, myself, would love to live here. I haven't been treated with the respect they show in a while. It would be a great opportunity to reside there.

June 29, 2011

By leezee

I'd visited several Emeritus facilities during my broad search with my mother for assisted living. When my father in law was diagnosed with dementia, it was one of the first names I thought of. I looked them up and realized they did have a facility closer to him in the west valley. Just like the facility I visited here on the east side, this Emeritus was equally as spectacular. Beautiful building with so much grass and trees, it honestly looks more like a resort or vacation spot. You can choose from a studio up to two bedrooms and the rooms are set up so nice. I loved their library as my father in law is really into current news and magazines. A nice recreation room that seemed like a pretty hoppin' place. When we walked through it was occupied by about seven or eight residents. The staff was visible and seemed completely accessible, friendly and made eye contact, said hello not only to myself and my husband but most importantly, to my father in law. I loved how one of their trip outings consisted of trips to the casino. My father in law lived in Las Vegas for fifteen years before returning to Arizona. He loves the casino. Very clean, well maintained and active community. Even when we toured the Alzheimer's and dementia care area's, things felt brighter and my father in law specifically said several times, "not bad".

Questions about Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for Clare Bridge associates. All associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care of persons with dementia. All executive directors also attend Brookdale’s Clare Bridge Leadership Competency Training. Monthly one-hour in-services are conducted on dementia care and memory support intervention. Daily huddles assist caregivers in challenging situations involving resident care. A licensed nurse and seasoned Programs Coordinator supervises the training.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We know that every resident has unique dreams and passions that continue to grow throughout life. That is why we work to create a place that goes well beyond physical support-to a socially connected community with opportunities to challenge the mind, lift the spirits, revitalize purpose and nurture the heart. We call this Optimum Life and believe it provides the ultimate in senior health & wellness. And, everyone can live one-regardless of challenges that may come with age. Our award winning, evidence-based programs provide a customized, integrated pallet of opportunities designed to support the pursuit of living well. At its foundation is the ability to maximize functional abilities. Our Brookdale B-Fit exercise program is designed with that as the goal. This cutting edge program encompasses the latest research & guidelines for seniors to provide a fun, holistic and stimulating exercise experience that we customize to accommodate the needs and challenges of each resident’s abilities.

What places are near Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Walmart, Sprouts and the Dollar Tree store.

What transportation services does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Wheelchair capable 14-passenger bus used for outing and trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A great meal is one of life’s simple pleasures. At Brookdale, we believe dining well is part of living well. You'll enjoy restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals in an elegant dining room. Each day features a three course meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert, along with a variety of menu options that changes daily. Brookdale's Culinary Arts Institute is a professional development program designed to enhance the food preparation and presentation skills of our dining and culinary arts team at our senior living facilities. To encourage socialization regardless of our seniors abilities, we support the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants if needed.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Residents have a Lifeline pendant for emergency calls and assistance. We have a dedicated concierge on duty seven day week and visitors are required to sign-in/out of the community.

How does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We hold regularly scheduled care conferences to verify that the resident is receiving the care and services they want and need. Our community leadership team coordinates individualized wellness needs in collaboration with the residents additional care providers.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is very involved in the day-to-day lives of our residents, with the aim of providing an enriching and caring experience for them. Each member of our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for residents. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Clare Bridge Daily Path offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. All are designed to maintain the resident’s abilities and to encourage the use of their current skills. The Daily Path gives each resident a sense of security that they are “right where they need to be.” Daily Path activities include the following:

The communities licensed nurse assesses the residents prior to move-in, 14 days following move-in and every 90 days. In addition, if there is a change of condition an assessment will be completed.

What techniques does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Designed by a team of culinary associates, experts specializing in dementia care and registered dieticians, the unique Clare Bridge Dining program sustains the resident’s opportunity to enjoy and master the dining experience. The program offers such specialized aspects as: • Dementia-Friendly Menus providing diverse offerings that help prevent weight-loss; selections are easy to manage, familiar and appealing to the senses. • Individualized Dining Assistance includes evaluating each resident to determine the level of prompting assistance needed to preserve their use of utensils as long as possible. • The Supportive Dining Environment, which incorporates small dining rooms with consistent seating to support the challenges of those with dementia, encourages familiarity and socialization while supporting the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants. Music, centerpieces, warm, scented wash towels and fresh linens enhance the dining experience.

How does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Community is adjacent to residential neighborhood and Community is in the vicinity of Bell Road business and restaurant corridor and sports complexes. We are two miles from Abrazo and Banner Thunderbird Hospitals, across from Ironwood Cancer Center

Photos of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

• Dining Extra: Special Dietary Menus

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL3332

About Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We can help with sliding scale injections. We are near shopping, doctor's offices, and restaurants.

Map of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch