Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Reviews of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

November 04, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a beautiful one story facility. They have nice shade trees, grass, flowers, and greenery. All is well maintained. They have a central courtyard with a gazebo and two patios. They have 52 assisted rooms and semi-private. All are handicapped equipped and have emergency call systems and private baths. These are large sunny rooms They do housekeeping and laundry. They have a fine dining room which is restaurant style. They do 3 meals and snacks. The food is very good. They do passisted and have a memory care too. They work with physicians who come, there is a nurse, and they work with other community agencies for resident care. They have an activity director, a beautician, and all caregivers are certified. The staff is very good and caring. They do lots of activities as, chair exercises, bingo, movie night in the large living room, they have a small library, and do arts and crafts. They do lots of outings to ball games, shopping, and community events. This is a nice, clean facility with lots of amenities for residents.

July 30, 2011

By Dorthy Heckler

I thought the staff did a great job of making the residents feel comfortable and as if they were at home. The facilities looked clean and brand new. There weren't really any negative aspects of the facility. I thought though that the staff could've done a better job of cleaning the toilets. There were a couple surprises left for me when I first entered a couple times. The people there are very friendly and know what they're doing though. They treat each resident gently and guide them in the right direction. I would probably send my parents to this facility when it's their time. I would also recommend this facility for anybody who is looking for an Assisted Living Facility. I've been to numerous facilities in Arizona, but I can honestly say that this one is top class and one of the best. I, myself, would love to live here. I haven't been treated with the respect they show in a while. It would be a great opportunity to reside there.

June 29, 2011

By leezee

I'd visited several Emeritus facilities during my broad search with my mother for assisted living. When my father in law was diagnosed with dementia, it was one of the first names I thought of. I looked them up and realized they did have a facility closer to him in the west valley. Just like the facility I visited here on the east side, this Emeritus was equally as spectacular. Beautiful building with so much grass and trees, it honestly looks more like a resort or vacation spot. You can choose from a studio up to two bedrooms and the rooms are set up so nice. I loved their library as my father in law is really into current news and magazines. A nice recreation room that seemed like a pretty hoppin' place. When we walked through it was occupied by about seven or eight residents. The staff was visible and seemed completely accessible, friendly and made eye contact, said hello not only to myself and my husband but most importantly, to my father in law. I loved how one of their trip outings consisted of trips to the casino. My father in law lived in Las Vegas for fifteen years before returning to Arizona. He loves the casino. Very clean, well maintained and active community. Even when we toured the Alzheimer's and dementia care area's, things felt brighter and my father in law specifically said several times, "not bad".

Questions about Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly one-hour in-services are conducted on dementia care and memory support intervention. Daily huddles assist caregivers in challenging situations involving resident care. A licensed nurse and seasoned Programs Coordinator supervise the training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average resident is an 80-something year old woman who loves to participate in bingo, live entertainment activities, trips to Walmart and local restaurants.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale offers “Optimum Life” programs (exercise, good food, social, spiritual) includes events such as “Be Fit” exercise, coffee chat, wheel of fortune, horse races, manicures, bible study, religious services, Wii bowling, movie and popcorn, and socials, parties, outings, computer, call “In-Touch Live” and a library.

What places are near Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Walmart, Sprouts, and the Dollar Tree Store

What transportation services does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Wheelchair capable 14-passenger bus used for outing and trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Brookdale signature dining programs with nutritious meals and snacks planned by a registered dietician. Meals include two entrée choices for lunch and dinner and alternative choices that change weekly.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Residents have a Lifeline pendant for emergency calls and assistance. Concierge on duty seven day week. Sign-In Sign-Out books. Community practices fire and disaster drills monthly.

How does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Proactive communication with responsible parties and on-site providers through face to face meeting, emails, and text messages.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime caregiver to resident ratio is about 1:15 and at night (10P-6A) about 1:24

If Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

No we cannot accept live-in pets, only pet visitors.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Brookdale approved monthly Learning Management System courses include a variety of resident care-related, compliance, and safety topics of one hour duration.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Generally three caregivers and a med tech on days and evenings and two caregivers at night. Ratio generally is 1:5.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch provide to protect residents who wander?

Wanderquard system and secure entry doors that use keypad only entry. Secure “mag-lock” doors in place. Front lobby door is secured during non-business hours.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Life stories and shadow boxes are completed for each resident. Programming is customized to each resident’s preferences and life experiences. Brookdale’s “Daily Path” Programming includes “Be Fit” in the morning, a morning mental workout, small group “clustering” activities, music, snacks, baking, sensory activities, outdoor walks, outside excursions, movies, reminiscing using the “In-Touch Live” computer, pet therapy, an intergenerational program, and the “Solace Program” for advanced dementia. Life Skills and Enrichment Boxes are offered 24-hours a day.

By a license nurse once every three months or as needed. Nurse practitioners or Hospice providers provide additional medical support.

What techniques does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

One on one assistance feeding and supervision as needed. Prompting and cueing techniques, and over hand under hand techniques are employed. Brookdale “Refresh Program” is part of the dining experience.

How does Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Through face to face care plan meetings or phone calls, emails, text messages or faxes.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Community is in a business park but adjacent to residential neighborhood. Demographic is middle to high income. Community is in vicinity of Bell Road business and restaurant corridor and sports complexes.

Is Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes, our residents who need acute care usually go the Banner Thunderbird Medical Center or Abrazo Arrowhead. Both hospitals are only one mile away. Residents who need in-patient gero-psych services go to Quail Run Behavioral Health.

Photos of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

• State Licenses: AL3332

About Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We can help with sliding scale injections. We are near shopping, doctor's offices, and restaurants.

Map of Brookdale Arrowhead Ranch