25 Assisted Living Facilities near Avondale, AZ
Also serving communities of Tolleson.
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Avondale area, with 5 in Avondale and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Avondale is $2,366 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 63 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Avondale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Avondale 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Goodyear with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Avondale, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Avondale, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Avondale
Avondale, Arizona, is home to the ISM raceway, which hosts important races throughout the year, including NASCAR, to entertain residents and visitors. Despite having a relatively low senior population of around 7 percent, there are four assisted living communities in Avondale and nearly 20 in nearby communities that offer support to local seniors in need. The Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing is responsible for licensing and regulating all facilities in Avondale.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Avondale
- Avondale has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Goodyear.
- Avondale has an array of community resources for seniors, including The Avondale Senior Center & Active Adult Program, an organization that encourages local seniors to stay active and enjoy life to the fullest.
- For seniors searching for a city where they can spend most of the year outdoors, Avondale could be what they're looking for. There's an average of 291 sunny days a year in this city, compared to the national average of 205. The city gets only nine inches of rain annually, compared to the national average of 39.
- While the violent crime rate in Avondale is slightly lower than the national average at 21 compared to 22.7, the property rate is significantly higher at 55.7 compared to 35.4. This is on a scale of one to 100, where 100 represents the highest crime rates. This could be of concern to some seniors who are worried about crime.
- Seniors looking for an assisted living facility on a budget may find Avondale an appealing choice as the cost of living is only around six percent more than the national average. Also, healthcare is only around one percent more expensive.
- Avondale has a fixed-route bus service, Phoenix Dial-A-Ride, ADA service, and a taxi-subsidy program, which presents a lot of choices for seniors who don't drive.
Paying for Assisted Living in Avondale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Avondale start around $2,366 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Avondale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Avondale
Eligible seniors living in the Avondale area can receive support from the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System to help pay for the cost of living in an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Avondale
Avondale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Avondale, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Avondale Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Avondale
Avondale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Avondale
Review of Rhoda's Assisted Living Home
I have just found this facility that my mom will be moving into next week. I got to speak to the residents and they were extremely happy and highly recommended living there. When we walked in the p... Read more
Review of Legacy House of Avondale
Legacy House of Avondale was very nice, the people seemed professional, and it was a well-constructed facility. It was just a bit out of our price range. It's in a good location. It opened recently... Read more
Review of Rhoda's Assisted Living Home
My husband lives with Rhoda and Vincent and I am very happy. He loves it and seems very happy. He gets excellent care and attention. Read more