62 Assisted Living Facilities near Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 62 Assisted Living Facilities in the Litchfield Park area, with 2 in Litchfield Park and 60 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Litchfield Park is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Avondale with an average starting cost of $2,733.
To help you with your search, browse the 150 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Litchfield Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Litchfield Park 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Goodyear with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Litchfield Park, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Litchfield Park, AZ
60 Assisted Living Facilities near Litchfield Park, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Litchfield Park
Litchfield Park is a small but vibrant community in Arizona where seniors make up more than a quarter of the population. For seniors in the area who are considering moving into assisted living, there are more than 60 assisted living facilities available in or near Litchfield Park. Arizona's Division of Licensing Services, Office of Assisted Living Licensing, regulates and monitors all of these facilities to ensure that they meet the state's standards for quality care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Litchfield Park
- When it comes to possible things for seniors to do on excursions from an assisted living community, the Litchfield Park area offers unending possibilities. Aside from shopping and dining, seniors can take a stroll through Tierra Verde Lake Park or one of the city's many other public parks. Local festivals and events abound, such as the Annual Wigwam Festival of Fine Art and the Arts in the Park Concert Series. For sports fans, the University of Phoenix Stadium where the Arizona Cardinals play is also nearby, and the Chase Stadium, home to the Arizona Diamondbacks, is about 30 minutes away.
- Litchfield Park's combined rate for violent and property crimes is 28 per 1,000 residents, putting it at 59 percent above the Arizona average, or around the middle of the pack for all communities in the state. A senior's chance of becoming the victim of a crime in Litchfield Park is one out of 36.
- The Litchfield Park area is home to world-class medical facilities, including
the Abrazo West Campus in nearby Goodyear, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- When budgeting for assisted living, seniors may want to keep Litchfield Park's cost of living in mind, which is 26.1 percent higher than the national average.
Weather in Litchfield Park is normally arid and sunny, with annual average of 294 days of sunshine and only 9 inches of rain. Summers can be dangerously hot for seniors, with an average July high temperature of 105 degrees.
- Anthem is in Maricopa County, which received failing grades for air pollution. This means the level of pollutants in the air may cause breathing problems for Anthem's seniors or exacerbate pre-existing respiratory conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Litchfield Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Litchfield Park start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Litchfield Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Litchfield Park
Seniors in Litchfield Park can apply for financial aid through the Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS) program. This is a medicaid waiver program used to pay for assisted living services. To qualify, applicants must meet the state's criteria for income and impairment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Litchfield Park
Litchfield Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Litchfield Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Litchfield Park
Litchfield Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Litchfield Park
Review of Hacienda Del Rey
Hacienda Del Rey was a very nice place, but I didn't like their style of living. There are little bedrooms, and you have an activity room for each building. The staff was very friendly and very hel... Read more
Review of Hacienda Del Rey
My father-in-law moved into Hacienda Del Rey, and so far, it's been good. The staff seemed nice. It looks clean and comfortable. You furnish the room, it's a good size, and it's nice. They have a r... Read more
Review of Hacienda Del Rey
Hacienda Del Rey has different buildings with about nine occupants per building, so they broke it down into smaller communities. The facility itself is very nice. I looked at a studio apartment. Th... Read more