Nestled between two suburban cities just northwest of Phoenix, Peoria is a bedroom community with nearly 191,000 residents, 17.5% of whom are seniors, slightly higher than the national average. Peoria offers easy access to top-notch medical care through Banner Boswell Medical Center and St. Joseph’s Hospital, both sharing the rank of #2 in the state

Seniors in Peoria who require nursing home care receive 24-hour supervision and access to on-call medical staff. Nursing homes provide seniors with the medical attention they need as well as daily opportunities to connect with peers. Seniors who do not need as much medical supervision or care will often choose to live in an assisted living community instead of a nursing home; seniors who can generally care for themselves but still require some monitoring may opt for home health care.

This guide provides an overview of the nursing home options available to seniors who live in Peoria and how much they can expect to pay for nursing home services. It also compares the cost of nursing home care to that of other types of care and reveals financial assistance options for those who need it.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Peoria, AZ

The Forum at Desert Harbor

13840 North Desert Harbor Drive, Peoria, AZ, 85381

The Forum at Desert Harbor is an assisted and independent living facility for those 50 years and older. Residents have several housing options, from studios up to two-bedroom apartments that are equip … (read more)

Freedom Plaza Arizona

13714 N Plaza Del Rio Blvd Peoria AZ 85381, Peoria, AZ, 85381

Treatment was first rate Services provided were very helpful. Facility was beautiful. Clean, oder free environment thanks to the superior cleaning staff. Rehab. Was extremely beneficial. Dining … (read more)

2013

Immanuel Campus of Care

11301 North 99th Avenue, Peoria, AZ, 85345

The rooms are spacious and we’ll maintained! Staff was friendly and caring. Bingo and daily activities! Nature walks on manicured and secured property.

Sierra Winds

17300 North 88Th Ave, Peoria, AZ, 85382

My father-in-law was at the property. He had a few issues with staff mistreating him being aggressive and impatient. When we attempted to bring it to management’s they were impossible to get ahold o … (read more)

Plaza Del Rio Care Center

13215 NORTH 94TH DRIVE, Peoria, AZ, 85381

Steer clear – horrible management staff & terrible "skilled" care, our family understands this is a for profit business, but when you are in the assisted living line of work, all staff should have … (read more)

Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation

10323 WEST OLIVE AVENUE, Peoria, AZ, 85345

My mother is in Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation for rehab. I noticed that the people that work there are very friendly, very professional. The facility is immaculate and it’s very clean. It’ … (read more)

Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation

20625 North Lake Pleasant Road, Peoria, AZ, 85382

The rooms are crowded, people keep their own food/sodas/snacks in their room in cases and boxes. The bathroom was filled with equipment making using the toilet difficult. There were crumbs of food on … (read more)

The Palazzo

6246 N 19 Th Ave, Phoenix, AZ, 85015

The care that my brother is receiving at The Palazzo is inadequate. He’s in their skilled nursing section. The staff members are overworked. Some of them are very caring, just overworked and overstres … (read more)

The Gardens of Sun City

17225 Boswell Boulevard, Sun City, AZ, 85373

LifeStream Complete Senior Living at Youngtown

11315 W. Peoria Avenue, Youngtown, AZ, 85363

My mother lived their two years and rent went way up during this time. I had to move her to a more affordable and caring facility. We cleaned and left her apartment cleaner then when she moved in. Pro … (read more)

North Mountain Medical and Rehabilitation Center

9155 North Third Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85020

The rooms are a shared room and very small. With two patients in the room, it is almost impossible to have any family or visitors. Most of the staff was very nice & polite, but the facility was … (read more)

Advanced Health Care of Glendale

16825 North 63rd Avenue, Glendale, AZ, 85306

I broke several ribs from an awful fall and needed extra care. The rooms were absolutely a place made for healing. Private room with a big window, just what I needed! The bed, due to my injury, was to … (read more)

Cook Health Care

11527 W PEORIA AVE, Youngtown, AZ, 85363

Cook Health Care was a nice place. My mother was there three months. The rooms were small, but she can move her wheelchair. She was able to use the sink, wash her face, and brush her teeth with help. … (read more)

Trillium Specialty Hospital – West Valley

13818 North Thunderbird Blvd, Sun City, AZ, 85351

It is with deep regret I have to Leave the care of your facility and staff. It has bee an beutiful memory for me. I would ask only that you adopt me!

Coronado Healthcare Center

11411 NORTH 19TH AVE, Phoenix, AZ, 85029

My mother is in the rehab facility and I think the care is absolutely horrible. Twice the nurse has had to be told to give her clean bed. They don’t appear to have any concern for the patient, nurs … (read more)

Christian Care Nursing Center

11812 N 19TH AVE, Phoenix, AZ, 85029

This is rigged. I wrote my review and it’s still rated high. I think Melody was an excellent CNA. She was very conscious. A CNA Shasta, a beautiful women was full of compassion, caring and soothing. C … (read more)

Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center

10601 WEST SANTA FE DRIVE, Sun City, AZ, 85351

My dad has had some health issues form6 months now. Short time in hospital released to health rehabs. After 2 stays at 2 other rehab centers that we called 911 to get him back to hospital. Other two … (read more)

Sunview Respiratory & Rehabilitation

12207 North 113Th Avenue, Youngtown, AZ, 85363

Everyone there was absolutely wonderful from nurses, therapists, in house information I would give: Nurses and cna ***** Therapists ***** Meals ***** Cleanliness ***** Information about your stay … (read more)

Windsor Maryland Gardens

31 West Maryland Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85013

My Mom is a 63 yr old dementia resident here with behavioral problems. Even though my first thoughts were OMG this place is so small and care givers are not giving enough attention to everyone, I foun … (read more)

Life Care Center of North Glendale

13620 North 55th Avenue, Glendale, AZ, 85306

I was very disappointed from the time I entered the transport. Who send az transport knowing the patient just had surgery and the gurney couldn’t even raise the head and applies the belt over the i … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Peoria, AZ

The average cost of a semiprivate room in a nursing home in Peoria is $6,418 per month. A private room will cost seniors about $7,908 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

The cost of nursing home care in Peoria is $6,418 per month, which is over $100 less per month than that of the state as a whole and nearly $1,500 less per month than the national average. Compared to most other Arizona cities, Peoria’s nursing home costs are less expensive. Only Lake Havasu City residents pay less at $5,962 per month. The highest monthly costs are found in Yuma at $6,844, followed by Tucson at $6,601 and Prescott Valley at $6,547.

$6418

Yuma

$5962

Lake Havasu City

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Peoria seniors might want to compare the cost of a nursing home to that of other care options. The least expensive option is adult day health care at $2,167 per month. Assisted living facilities average $3,975 per month, while home care and home health care both average $5,958 per month. The most expensive option but also the one that provides the highest level of care is a nursing home facility, where costs average $6,418 per month for a semiprivate room and $7,908 per month for a private room.

$5958

Adult Day Health Care

$3975

Assisted Living Facility

$6418

Nursing Home (semiprivate room)

$7908

Nursing Home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Peoria, AZ

Free Resources for Seniors in Peoria, AZ

The suburb of Peoria, Arizona is located just to the northwest of Phoenix and is considered a part of the sprawling Phoenix metro area. Seniors who live here may have difficulty finding local programs due to the huge variation in services available to Maricopa County seniors. The table below can help seniors navigate local resources and choose those that best fit their needs.

Resource

Contact

Services

About Seniors is a free resource for seniors who need advice and assistance to find long-term care. The organization also provides free education and referral services regarding legal issues and grief counseling. The organization also facilitates communication between seniors and representatives of other senior care groups to ensure that all seniors have access to the services they need.

Seniors who need legal advice or assistance can contact Law for Seniors, the nonprofit legal aid organization that specializes in representing elder law clients. Seniors can receive assistance in drafting guardianship or POA papers, living wills and inheritance deeds, among other legal documents.

602-264-2255

Seniors who reside in nursing homes across the state of Arizona have access to a Long-Term Care Ombudsman who serves as an advocate and representative when mistreatment or abuse is suspected. The program also mediates between long-term care facilities and elderly residents when seniors have a complaint against a facility.

Hospice of the Valley provides free care and support to seniors in Central Arizona who need palliative or hospice care. The nonprofit organization also offers other services, from grief support and dementia care to mindfulness classes and other supportive care services.