Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center

March 19, 2018

By azn8tive

My relative was in this facility for 3 weeks following surgery for a broken hip. I constantly had to request water for her and there was a severe shortage of personnel. The overall care was very poor. After she was discharged, she was subsequently diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and pneumonia, neither of which were detected prior to her release. She passed away three weeks later. Do no allow your loved one go to this facility.

December 04, 2017

By Kathi N.

My father-in-law has been at Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center for a month now. The place is very clean, and the people are very friendly. It's a positive place for him. He has Parkinson's and had fallen the first hour he was there, and the staff was on him immediately checking his vitals so it's a very clinical setting but perfect for him. They have cooking classes, Bingo, a lot of memory care work, physical therapy and on-site doctors. They have shared rooms.

August 12, 2017

By Dan T

I would not bring my dog to these people to take care of I've lived here for over a year-and-a-half and I have seen so much unprofessionalism and mismanagement of training and following up on what they do. Wouldn't bring a family member here for anything in the world

May 04, 2015

By sonoranrain

I'd give it fewer stars if I could. I am not saying there aren't some caring and able people there, but I didn't see them much. I went after TKR because i had no on at home to help, having moved recently. I got there at 1 or 2 in the afternoon, day 2 after surgery. They"lost" or confused my medication order so that finally, at 11:00 that evening, after doing without pain medication (supposed to be continual to insure that I moved), they had to raid extra supplies from elsewhere. Some of my meds, I didn't get until the next night (blood pressure included). The room I was in had a toilet that wouldn't flush right - it usually too two tries and it would never stop running. I asked to be moved. I got a bathroom that wouldn't flush at all and had an odor. They told me to just use the commode. I finally met the maintainence guy when he handed my my breakfast. I told him I wasn't supposed to have orange juice, being diabetic. He said, sorry, he didn't know since he was just helping out and actually worked maintainance. So I asked him to fix the toilet, which he did, but didn't tell me; I did find out the next day. If I wanted to bathe in the morning (who doesn't) I was never given a basin. I was expected to pick up a towel they laid down, lean down and get my soap, walk into the smelly bathroom and stand at the sink with my walker and wash. Now, I have one very weak knee and couldn't really balance - this meant I could wash my face, etc, but never my private parts. Plus the smell...I was supposed to get PT everyday but didn't get it until my 5 or 6th day. Fortunately, I'd had the surgery on the other knee a few years ago and knew many of the exercises I could do in bed and did them or who know what trouble I might have had? Like many nursing homes, they feed you what is cheap and control your diabetes with medication. I would not go back here or recommend it to anyone. Occupational therapy folks were good.

September 12, 2014

Don't ever send anybody to Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center! It smelled like urine all the time. This is how bad they were: the resident doctor came in at 4:30 a.m. and my wife was just waking up from her sleep, and she asked my wife, "Do you know who I am?" and my wife said, "You know, I saw so many people, I don't know who you are. Why? You're my doctor?" and she said, "Yeah." Because of that, they put my wife down as combative and incoherent. Also, every time this doctor would stick her head in the door, it would be $180, and she'd ask, "How are you?" I was so disgusted with her. She would do this once or twice a week, just stick her head in the door, and yet when they released my wife, she had a staph infection that was over a month old. It was horrible. Because we didn't know what it was, we had to take her to a family doctor, and he said, "My God! You have a staph infection!" That's how bad this facility was. They were horrible. We chose this facility because it was one of the places that the hospital recommended.

Services and Amenities of Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center

Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Sun City, Arizona that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sun City Health and Rehabilitation Center