Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation

Independent Living Reviews for Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation

January 12, 2019

By Karen

My mom is in Peoria Good Shepherd. It is nicer than a lot of the ones that I checked out. It is very positive and Christian-based. The admission person is very friendly and very helpful when we were looking and touring the area. The food seems to fluctuate. The dining area itself is nice, but it depends on who's cooking. They have wonderful activities from crafts, to painting, to nails, to trips out to Walmart or picnic, to church and to chapel services. They have a lot of different activities available to the residents.

December 27, 2016

By Mike036254

We were on a waiting list at Good Shepherd. They were pretty organized, but the food was not that good and needed improvement. The activities and shopping trips were good. It was also associated with our church. We knew people that had been there who were happy.

August 21, 2015

By K-W

My father stayed in this facility recently but we transferred him due to what we considered lack of care and PT that was beyond his needs. We believe my father was not given his heart medicine for the length of his stay which was about a week although they were told what he was taking when he was admitted. There is not a doctor on staff daily but a doctor does visit sometime during the week - unfortunately the doctor never saw my dad while he was staying there. On the day we requested the transfer, the new facility couldn't get all the records they needed from the nurse manager - I think she stalled the process until 4 pm on purpose. I usually wouldn't write a review but this is supposed to be a care/caring facility and I feel the level of care/concern was mediocre.

August 14, 2012

By Jan6

This is one of the older buildings in the area. I decided to place my mother here because it was clean. The people were very helpful and for some reason she likes it here. She stays in a typical skilled nursing accommodation with a bed and bath. When she broke her hip, I placed her in another place. However, she was unhappy there and always alone. But in Good Shepherd, they're always asking her to join in the activities. Earlier today, after my visit, she called me and said she's going on a picnic with some trainees. She's getting more involved in this place; she's learning to reach out to others and trying to make new friends which she had never done before. They're providing her with consistent care. Nurses have been here for 5 to 7 years which is fairly uncommon provided that this is an old place. When you walk in the building, you'll see a wall of people of same faces from Monday to Friday. This has been a great help for us: for her, because she has Alzheimer's, and for me, because I don't need to remember 300 people's names. It would help more if they would remodel or fix their building. I don't appreciate older buildings; it's a mismatch. But she likes it here and that's more important. Definitely, I will recommend this place to others who are looking for a similar facility.

Services and Amenities of Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation

Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation is a senior living provider in Peoria, Arizona that offers residents Independent Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation for more details on services and rates.

Map of Rio Vista Post Acute Rehabilitation