36 Assisted Living Facilities near Salt Lake City, UT
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Salt Lake City area, with 24 in Salt Lake City and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Salt Lake City is $3,031 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 392 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Salt Lake City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Salt Lake City 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Taylorsville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 33 families in Salt Lake City find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Salt Lake City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Salt Lake City, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Salt Lake City
Historic Salt Lake City, Utah, has an array of fun activities for residents, including the 17,516 seniors in the area, to enjoy such as museum and cathedral visits, farm and copper mine tours as well as parades and festivals. Some area seniors may need help with daily activities, and to support those seniors there are 25 assisted living facilities in the city.
In Utah, including Salt Lake City, assisted living facilities are regulated by The Department of Health, Facility Licensing and Certification.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Utah fully taxes social security benefits and retirement savings account income, but only partially taxes pensions. Seniors on pensions may find that living in Salt Lake City results in more money to put toward activities and care.
- Salt Lake City has poor air quality. On a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, Salt Lake City has a rank of 54, four points lower than the national average of 58. The city's air quality might be of concern to seniors with respiratory issues.
- The cost of living in Salt Lake City is 126.8, more than 26 points higher than the national average of 100. Seniors in the area can also expect to pay more for transportation and healthcare.
- The Salt Lake City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Salt Lake Regional Medical Center and University of Utah Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Residents of Salt Lake City enjoy comfortable temperatures that range from 90 degrees in the summer to 24 degrees in the winter. The area also gets 27 inches of rain each year and 60 inches of snowfall annually. Families might want to ask facility staff about protocols in place to keep seniors active during unfavorable weather.
Paying for Assisted Living in Salt Lake City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Salt Lake City start around $3,031 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Salt Lake City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Salt Lake City
Seniors who reside in assisted living facilities in Salt Lake City may be eligible for funding assistance under the Medicaid 1915(c) New Choices Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Salt Lake City, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Salt Lake City, UT
Other Options in Salt Lake City, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Salt Lake City
Review of Capital Hill Senior Living
Capital Hill Senior Living is one of the places I went to visit. It's assisted living but if you need more care, they have that too. I saw a studio, a one-bedroom, and a two-bedroom. I was not inte... Read more
Review of Legacy Village of Sugar House
I would recommend Legacy Village of Sugar House. I was able to visit their assisted living. They're very friendly. It's also a beautiful location, with lots of activities. It's a bigger facility, v... Read more
Review of The Ridge Foothill
The Ridge Foothill is a beautiful location. We visited assisted living and they were having a barbecue when we were there. They have a happy hour. I think it's a very lively, lively place. Read more