65 Assisted Living Facilities near Sandy, UT
With an average cost of $3,098 in Sandy, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 46 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 9 facilities in Sandy.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sandy, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sandy
Sandy is a city in transition, with economic growth and an evolving 1,100-acre city center transforming the locale into an ideal place for people of all ages to live, work and play. Some 96,145 people call Sandy home, and 11.4 percent of that population is aged 65 years and older. Seniors have their choice of 63 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in and around Sandy. Those facilities are licensed and regulated by the Utah Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sandy
- For seniors on a budget, some aspects of living in Sandy may feel a bit pricey. Overall, the city’s cost of living is 111.6, nearly 12 points above the national average. Groceries, health care and utilities are relatively affordable, but housing and transportation rank as more costly.
- Sandy offers a comfortable year-round climate, with dry summers topping out at 92 degrees in July and winters that rarely dip below 21 degrees. However, the area’s high snowfall could prove difficult for seniors with mobility issues or conditions exacerbated by the cold.
- Thanks to a violent crime rate of just 12.4 out of 100 compared to the national average of 31.1, seniors can feel safe in Sandy – though a higher than average property crime rate is worth a second look.
- Public transportation in Sandy includes bus rides and the light rail, called TRAX, both offered courtesy of the Utah Transit Authority (UTA). Riders 65 years of age and older are eligible for reduced fares.
- The Sandy area is home to world-class medical facilities, including HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Utah and Alta View Hospital Emergency Department, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sandy has an array of community resources for seniors, including Salt Lake County Aging Adult Services, which helps seniors with everything from legal referrals to Medicare counseling, as well as at least one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sandy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Sandy start around $3,098 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sandy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sandy
Sandy’s low-income seniors can take advantage of two Medicaid waiver programs to help pay for assisted living. The New Choices Waiver was created to transition seniors from more institutionalized care, such as nursing homes, to free accommodations either at home or in an assisted living facility. The Utah Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver includes provisions to allow those over 65 years of age to access essential services at home or while in community-based care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sandy
Sandy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sandy, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sandy
Sandy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Sandy, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sandy
Review of The Wentworth at Willow Creek
My parents have moved into The Wentworth at Willow Creek. It is too soon to tell, but judging on my parents' decision, they enjoy it. The staff is very friendly and courteous. My parents are very h... Read more
Review of Crescent Senior Living
We have some friend living in Crescent Senior Living And we visited and had a tour. It was very good. We went to the assisted living part, not the senior living. They seemed to be happy. They were ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Sandy
My mom was at Sunrise of Sandy. We were extremely pleased about everything. They took very good care of her and they were very kind to her. She liked it, too. Until they had to shut down with the c... Read more