67 Assisted Living Facilities near Sandy, UT
Also serving communities of Park City, Oakley.
There are 67 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sandy area, with 10 in Sandy and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sandy is $3,160 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Midvale with an average starting cost of $2,525.
To help you with your search, browse the 566 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sandy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sandy 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Midvale with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sandy, call (855) 863-8283.
10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sandy, UT
57 Assisted Living Facilities near Sandy, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sandy
Sandy is a city in transition, with economic growth and an evolving 1,100-acre city center transforming the locale into an ideal place for people of all ages to live, work and play. Some 96,145 people call Sandy home, and 11.4 percent of that population is aged 65 years and older. Seniors have their choice of 63 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in and around Sandy. Those facilities are licensed and regulated by the Utah Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sandy
- For seniors on a budget, some aspects of living in Sandy may feel a bit pricey. Overall, the city’s cost of living is 111.6, nearly 12 points above the national average. Groceries, health care and utilities are relatively affordable, but housing and transportation rank as more costly.
- Sandy offers a comfortable year-round climate, with dry summers topping out at 92 degrees in July and winters that rarely dip below 21 degrees. However, the area’s high snowfall could prove difficult for seniors with mobility issues or conditions exacerbated by the cold.
- Thanks to a violent crime rate of just 12.4 out of 100 compared to the national average of 31.1, seniors can feel safe in Sandy – though a higher than average property crime rate is worth a second look.
- Public transportation in Sandy includes bus rides and the light rail, called TRAX, both offered courtesy of the Utah Transit Authority (UTA). Riders 65 years of age and older are eligible for reduced fares.
- The Sandy area is home to world-class medical facilities, including HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Utah and Alta View Hospital Emergency Department, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sandy has an array of community resources for seniors, including Salt Lake County Aging Adult Services, which helps seniors with everything from legal referrals to Medicare counseling, as well as at least one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sandy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Sandy start around $3,160 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sandy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sandy
Sandy’s low-income seniors can take advantage of two Medicaid waiver programs to help pay for assisted living. The New Choices Waiver was created to transition seniors from more institutionalized care, such as nursing homes, to free accommodations either at home or in an assisted living facility. The Utah Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver includes provisions to allow those over 65 years of age to access essential services at home or while in community-based care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sandy
Sandy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sandy, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sandy
Sandy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Sandy, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sandy
Review of Cedarwood at Sandy
We liked Cedarwood at Sandy. We were told all the good things about it, how good the meals are, and that they have an all-day menu. However, now that she has moved in, we experienced some hostility... Read more
Review of Crescent Senior Living
Crescent Senior Living is the perfect place for my parents. Everyone is so nice and they go above and beyond our expectations in every aspect. It is a beautiful facility delicious food and the ki... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Sandy
Sunrise was very nice, but they needed to work on their sales staff. When I visited by myself, it was fine, but when I took my mom back, she was very discouraged. The sales staff was not accommodat... Read more