44 Assisted Living Facilities near Draper, UT
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Draper area, with 7 in Draper and 37 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Draper is $3,900 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Sandy with an average starting cost of $3,160.
To help you with your search, browse the 357 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Draper. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Draper 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sandy with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Draper, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Draper, UT
37 Assisted Living Facilities near Draper, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Draper
The stunning backdrop of the Wasatch Mountains, improved transportation and continued economic growth all helped propel Draper to No. 18 on Time’s list of Best Places to Live 2015. Those qualities also make this blossoming community a great place for retirees. Only 6.5 percent of Draper’s population is 65 years of age or older, but those seniors have their choice of long-term care accommodations. There are five assisted living facilities in Draper and another 60 nearby, all of which are licensed by the Utah Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Draper
- Affordability may be a concern for seniors interested in Draper. The city’s cost of living index is 123.9, well above the national average of 100, with housing and transportation the most expensive categories.
- Draper presents seniors with a safer alternative to other places in Utah as well as most cities across the U.S. The violent crime rate is 25.3 out of 100 compared to 35.2 in the Salt Lake City metro area and 31.1 across the U.S.
- According to Sperling’s Comfort Index, Draper’s climate is markedly more comfortable than the U.S. average, thanks to relatively dry summers. However, above-average snowfall could prove difficult for seniors who prefer to be active outdoors year-round.
- Getting around is easy in Draper. Seniors can access discounted fares for Utah Transit Authority’s FrontRunner, TRAX and bus systems, and routes traverse the majority of the Wasatch Front.
- It’s just a 21-minute drive from Draper to Salt Lake City, giving seniors access to a host of art and cultural experiences. Locally, the Draper Arts Council hosts a number of annual shows at the Draper Amphitheater.
- The Draper area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lone Peak Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Draper
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Draper start around $3,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Draper and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Draper
Utah, in cooperation with the federal Medicaid program, offers two need-based waivers to low-income seniors. The Utah Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver and the New Choices Waiver were launched to help individuals, who would otherwise be relegated to nursing homes and other forms of institutionalized care, exercise their choice for alternative living arrangements, including assisted living and home-based services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Draper
Draper and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Draper, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Draper
Draper-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Draper
Review of Ashford Assisted Living & Memory Care
To me the greatest part was 1. The sincerity and kindness of the staff They looked clean and wholesome. 2. The fresh clean smell every time I entered my mothers room. She was dressed and groomed... Read more
Review of Ashford Assisted Living & Memory Care
Ashford Assisted Living was new, and the person who took us on the tour was friendly and helpful, but the closet space was a little small. They had activities, but since they were new, they didn't ... Read more
Review of BeeHive Homes of Draper
Beehive Homes of Draper is absolutely wonderful. Through them, my brother, sister and I are all able to enjoy our mother, know she is well cared for and still live lives of our own. The rooms are c... Read more