Cedarwood at Sandy

Reviews of Cedarwood at Sandy

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarwood at Sandy

July 08, 2016

By Michelle648667

I thought Cedarwood at Sandy was nice but just too big, and we prefer a smaller place. The one that we ended up with only has about 15 or 17 people in it. It was really nice and everybody seemed friendly. The man who gave me the tour was really nice and talked with me about the different options and the programs that they have there, and seemed like it was taken care of. They had activities going on for the residents, it seemed like the staff was friendly, and they had different pricing options, different rooms, or different things for each person's needs.

June 30, 2015

By Ann108443050

We like it. Our relative likes it as well.

May 15, 2015

It is close to my mother's dialysis. Great place with a good staff. They have Bingo, movies -- everything. Yes, I would recommend. I liked their location and service the best.

February 02, 2015

By marva43

My Husband and I did a tour not to long ago. It is very nice and has a great location. We sat in the dining room for lunch and enjoyed the company of others.

December 26, 2013

I visited two places in Sandy, I like them both, but this community has independent and assisted side. I felt like if my mom's needs change, I can move her to assisted living and that's what has happened recently. We have just moved her to the assisted living part. The facility is clean. The staff and the residents know my mom. I like the personnel and they have lots of activities. Also the food is excellent.

November 27, 2013

I went with my son. The woman who toured us was very helpful and I liked her presentation of the place. She sent me a menu every month with all the activities and that was something that I do as I want to keep active even if I go to a place like that. We looked around and there were some nice things that I liked about the facility. They have some outdoor rose garden. The layout of the room was good. There was a laundry in the apartment. There were just a lot of features that impressed me. It was in a nice area and I like the location that the facility was in. The staff were very nice. Another feature that I liked about the facility is that everybody wears a medical band so that if you have a problem you just press the button and somebody comes and helps you. That gave me a lot of comfort knowing that in an emergency there would be somebody there immediately. The whole atmosphere was warm and welcoming and I liked it. As I said to my son, this is the number one place for me if and when I decide to go to Utah.

July 29, 2013

By exasperated54

It was a really nice place. We were impressed with the place when we visited it. It got good living environment and it was clean. Everybody was really nice. The director that talked to us was great. The staff was helpful and seemed to be concerned about their residents.

September 24, 2012

By Yvonne 1

They're only as good as the staff and they're only as good as the direct care staff in the facility. Whether medications are given or handed to the residents, whether or not they actually do that appropriately, and whether there's supervision by a nurse which is usually isn't there every day, I'm not sure that that's done really well.

Independent Living Reviews for Cedarwood at Sandy

September 23, 2014

My visit went very well. It was very friendly. It was good. They let me look at a lot of their available rooms. You can get a larger apartment there. I like the fact that their meal isn't so formal. They had all kinds of activities.

December 07, 2012

By Val 1

It is centrally located to lot of other health facilities and senior living centers. The place itself has everything on the site: medical staff, really nice cafeteria, and other amenities. The staff was very helpful when we visited. We had a complete tour and they did follow up several times. We had lunch there and we liked the food. They even have a complete menu where you can order from.

Questions about Cedarwood at Sandy

What places are near Cedarwood at Sandy or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Cedarwood is minutes from shopping, freeway, and our breathtaking mountains.

What transportation services does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

We offer two buses for your transportation convenience. One bus runs Monday thru Friday from 9am - 4pm taking our residents on their shopping, errands, scenic drives, and appointemnts. The second bus runs Tuesday thru Thursday 8:30am to 3:30pm taking residents to all their medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedarwood at Sandy exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have the best chef in the industry. Chef Derek has been with us for 20 years. We offer exceptional food with many choices. Our residents enjoy a large Sunday Brunch each Sunday. We do not work off of a 5 week cycle menu, like most communities. At Cedarwood, Chef Derek is coming up with new menu's each week. Most of the food is made from scratch, each day in our kitchens.

What safety features or security measures does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

We offer 24 hour CNA's and Med-tech's. We also give each of our residents emergency call buttons to wear, that when pressed, a CNA will come within minutes to their need.

What transportation services does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedarwood at Sandy exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have the best chef in the industry. Chef Derek has been with us for 20 years. We offer exceptional food with many choices. Our Independent Dining offers an all-day dining, open from 7:30am to 7pm. Our residents enjoy a large Sunday Brunch each Sunday. We do not work off of a 5 week cycle menu, like most communities. At Cedarwood, Chef Derek is coming up with new menu's each week. Most of the food is made from scratch, each day in our kitchens.

What safety features or security measures does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to independent living residents?

24 hour security. Overnight Security Guard. We have cameras at the front door, and require each person leaving and entering the building to sign in and out.

If Cedarwood at Sandy accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we allow pets at Cedarwood. We have two large outdoor spaces for dogs our residents to walk their dogs, our large Courtyard, and our Rosegarden, where we have Doggie bag drop stations.

Does Cedarwood at Sandy work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We are unique, in that we have our own Private Care Service company right here in our building. We offer Medication Reminders, Shower Assistance, as well as some Personal Care Assistance (including dress and TED hose assistance).

Costs for Cedarwood at Sandy

Photos of Cedarwood at Sandy

Services and Amenities of Cedarwood at Sandy

• About Cedarwood at Sandy

Experience Life at Cedarwood at Sandy

Situated on six acres, Cedarwood at Sandy offers Independent and Assisted Living including 122 independent and 61 assisted living residences. Sitting beneath the breathtaking Wasatch Mountains in the heart of Sandy, Utah, Cedarwood is only a 20-minute drive from Salt Lake City.

At our community, you will find a relaxing outdoor gazebo and landscaped courtyard perfect for gathering with friends or enjoying a book surrounded by beautiful mature trees. The lobby welcomes you in with a cozy fireplace and interior spaces feature LED lighting and modern architectural styles throughout. Enjoy an active lifestyle in our daily fitness classes, on a trip to the nearby Wendover casinos or with friends at one of our over 200 activities offered each month.

SERVICES & AMENITIES

Cedarwood at Sandy has a wide range of services and amenities to make your days comfortable and enjoyable.

• Kitchens in every apartment
    • Patios or balconies with most apartments
    • Basic cable
    • Restaurant-style dining
    • All day dining hours from 7:30am-7:00pm
    • Fitness center with daily classes
    • Billiards / card room
    • Beauty salon
    • Outdoor sitting areas and courtyard
    • Gardening areas
    • Transportation services

Thank you for your interest at Cedarwood at Sandy. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Cedarwood at Sandy