Cedarwood at Sandy

Reviews of Cedarwood at Sandy

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarwood at Sandy

January 19, 2016

By Jolene3

The Atria has three different levels. One was completely independent living, where you could come down to the dining room or cook in your apartment. It was for people who didn’t need any kind of assistance, like a retirement section. We didn't get to see that, but we saw that most people have their own cars and come and go as they want, and their dining room was set up like a restaurant. It was really nice, and my husband and I thought that maybe we’ll go there 10 years from now; we liked it that much. Another level was assisted living. It was in a different section, but they mix people there with the independent living people for their activities, which we thought was a good idea because then you have very healthy, vibrant people helping those who needed a little more assistance. When we were up there, they were having their Red Hat Festival where all the ladies had red hats and were doing all kinds of fun things. Men could come, too, but didn’t have to wear a hat. We went into the assisted, and the rooms were very nice. They were roomy, and people could bring in their furniture from their own homes to feel comfortable. Lastly, the third level was memory care. You can move right from independent into assisted and then into memory care, which is probably pretty full care, so you don’t have to change facilities, just rooms. They had a real chef who was always in his whites whenever we went to visit. It seemed like they had a really nice ratio of people who were helping to patients. The person who took us through was very nice.

June 30, 2015

By Ann108443050

We like Atria Sandy. Our relative likes it as well.

May 15, 2015

Atria Sandy is close to my mother's dialysis. Great place with a good staff. They have Bingo, movies -- everything. Yes, I would recommend. I liked their location and service the best.

February 02, 2015

By marva43

My Husband and I did a tour not to long ago. It is very nice and has a great location. We sat in the dining room for lunch and enjoyed the company of others.

April 11, 2014

By Jeff19

Atria Sandy was a VERY nice facility, but it was a little bit out of my price range. The customer service staff was very friendly. They had a very good explanation of the bundles that they use to provide the type of care, what they provide and don't. The room was a little smaller than what I'd personally like, but for all the various places I've lived in and seen, it would have made a wonderful one-bedroom apartment. We went there at meal time, so I saw what kind of interaction my mom would be having. They had very nice, colored photo pamphlets too.

December 26, 2013

I visited two places in Sandy, I like them both, but Atria Sandy has independent and assisted side. I felt like if my mom's needs change, I can move her to assisted living and that's what has happened recently. We have just moved her to the assisted living part. The facility is clean. The staff and the residents know my mom. I like the personnel and they have lots of activities. Also the food is excellent.

November 27, 2013

I went with my son at Atria Sandy. The woman who toured us was very helpful and I liked her presentation of the place. She sent me a menu every month with all the activities and that was something that I do as I want to keep active even if I go to a place like that. We looked around and there were some nice things that I liked about the facility. They have some outdoor rose garden. The layout of the room was good. There was a laundry in the apartment. There were just a lot of features that impressed me. It was in a nice area and I like the location that the facility was in. The staff were very nice. Another feature that I liked about the facility is that everybody wears a medical band so that if you have a problem you just press the button and somebody comes and helps you. That gave me a lot of comfort knowing that in an emergency there would be somebody there immediately. The whole atmosphere was warm and welcoming and I liked it. As I said to my son, this is the number one place for me if and when I decide to go to Utah.

August 26, 2013

By Chris27

We have my mother now in Atria. We chose this facility because they have the best program for my mother. The food is excellent. Their residents are very friendly and happy there. They also have the most enthusiastic and caring staff that we found. They come in every morning and bring her breakfast because my mom is not a quick mover, she is pretty slow. They also do her laundry and they do a really good job at it. They have a nurse on staff 24/7 and aides readily available. They have an emergency call button that they wear as a pendant and they would just push the button if they need help. Anything that is mechanical with my mom's apartment, she just has to call the desk and they would set up an appointment with the maintenance people that are always there just within the hours usually. It also feels like they really care for their residents and that's important for us. My mom just had surgery in the middle of the night last week and it was Atria that helped get the paramedics and brought her to the hospital. We just met my mom at the hospital. They do a lot of activities. They have card games almost everyday. They have music and sing-a-longs. They have intellectual speakers coming in. They have fireworks display in their courtyard every Fourth of July. However, they need to put on more effort in getting new residents involved in their activities. Price is a little bit high, but it is worth it and we are very happy with Atria.

Thank you very much for your review and I'm so glad to hear that your mother has enjoyed her stay with us. You mentioned that new residents may need some encouragement to attend events and activities. Although we respect the privacy and personal time of our residents, we do try to encourage them to participate in events and we find that many of our residents also love to meet new people and invite them along to the activities. We will continue to develop our "Resident Ambassador" program to make sure that all of our new residents are encouraged to experience the fun and friendship our community has to offer. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line if you have any questions along the way.

July 29, 2013

By exasperated54

Atria Sandy was a really nice place. We were impressed with the place when we visited it. It got good living environment and it was clean. Everybody was really nice. The director that talked to us was great. The staff was helpful and seemed to be concerned about their residents.

September 24, 2012

By Yvonne 1

They're only as good as the staff and they're only as good as the direct care staff in the facility. Whether medications are given or handed to the residents, whether or not they actually do that appropriately, and whether there's supervision by a nurse which is usually isn't there every day, I'm not sure that that's done really well.

July 10, 2012

By SweetieLiot

Around the time my father began to show signs of extreme aging, I started my search for safe assisted living homes for his benefit. The Atria Senior Living community proved to be a wonderful choice for everyone. My father was able to enjoy his senior years and I was able to always know he was safe. The Altria Senior Living community has everything a person could need. My father was treated with care and respect by all of the trained staff. Altria was easy to visit due to its location in relation to my house. My father was very impressed with the meal service and the on-site amenities. The choice to move my father to Altria was very wise, as he was able to receive all his medications, and even meet with physical therapists to help with aging effects. All in all, my father and I were both very impressed with the Altria Senior Living community.

July 30, 2011

By bjones76

Atria Senior living is located at 625 e and 11000 south in Sandy Utah. My experience with Atria was a good one. Since my Grandma Bennett was a resident there I was naturally critical of what they had to offer, but I found almost nothing to complain about. The thing that really hit me about this living facility right away was how beautiful it was. When you hear assisted living you do not think beautiful but right from the start the landscaping and white columns are hard to ignore. The waiting area is clean, well kept, and prettily arranged. I especially liked the attentive staff and clean clear walkways. The food was also a surprise since I was expecting instant potatoes, but they had a full fresh aray of choices for the residents to choose from. The rooms were wide and clean and decorated with various reminders of home chosen by the residents. The overall atmosphere held such a good impression for me that I felt relieved to know that we had picked such a great place for my Grandmother to spend her final years.

June 10, 2011

By anonymous44

Visited this facility

By far, the most impressive thing I witnessed in this facility was the genuine affection and care the staff lavished on the residents. Every time I went to visit I found the residents being interacted with, as real people who have their own viewpoints and and opinions. The residents may be in the last years of their life and have health and other problems, but I've never seen them treated with anything but respect and love.

Independent Living Reviews for Cedarwood at Sandy

April 17, 2015

By George105209350

The other day, we visited Atria in Sandy. It was very positive. They would made you feel welcome and would show you around. The people working there were very helpful, positive, and upbeat. We saw a couple rooms. One was being lived in and an empty one. It had nice arrangements and a nice size.

January 13, 2015

By Mary104312650

Atria Sandy was very clean and pretty. They have a love restaurant where you could eat. Their rooms were really good, and the staff seems very willing to help, I was quite impressed with it. The only thing that wasn’t impressive there was the price. The staff was very nice, and they were ready to answer the questions that I had. I was very impressed by them; they’re great. They had a calendar that showed a lot of activities going on.

December 30, 2014

By Kathy99152150

I like Atria, and it is a good location. The experience is great, the staff is good, caring, and answered all our questions. The food is very good, and they have computers. I just like the facility; it was clean and well-kept.

September 23, 2014

My visit with Atria Sandy went very well. It was very friendly. It was good. They let me look at a lot of their available rooms. You can get a larger apartment there. I like the fact that their meal isn't so formal. They had all kinds of activities.

September 24, 2013

By Cathy26

Atria Sandy is a very nice facility with very nice people. I took a tour of their apartments and they seem very small. I like that the facility is close to where I live, but the cost is way too prohibitive for her budget.

December 07, 2012

By Val 1

Atria Sandy is centrally located to lot of other health facilities and senior living centers. The place itself has everything on the site: medical staff, really nice cafeteria, and other amenities. The staff was very helpful when we visited. We had a complete tour and they did follow up several times. We had lunch there and we liked the food. They even have a complete menu where you can order from.

July 11, 2012

By SweetieLiot

Questions about Cedarwood at Sandy

What places are near Cedarwood at Sandy or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Cedarwood is minutes from shopping, freeway, and our breathtaking mountains.

What transportation services does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

We offer two buses for your transportation convenience. One bus runs Monday thru Friday from 9am - 4pm taking our residents on their shopping, errands, scenic drives, and appointemnts. The second bus runs Tuesday thru Thursday 8:30am to 3:30pm taking residents to all their medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedarwood at Sandy exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have the best chef in the industry. Chef Derek has been with us for 20 years. We offer exceptional food with many choices. Our residents enjoy a large Sunday Brunch each Sunday. We do not work off of a 5 week cycle menu, like most communities. At Cedarwood, Chef Derek is coming up with new menu's each week. Most of the food is made from scratch, each day in our kitchens.

What safety features or security measures does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

We offer 24 hour CNA's and Med-tech's. We also give each of our residents emergency call buttons to wear, that when pressed, a CNA will come within minutes to their need.

What transportation services does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedarwood at Sandy exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have the best chef in the industry. Chef Derek has been with us for 20 years. We offer exceptional food with many choices. Our Independent Dining offers an all-day dining, open from 7:30am to 7pm. Our residents enjoy a large Sunday Brunch each Sunday. We do not work off of a 5 week cycle menu, like most communities. At Cedarwood, Chef Derek is coming up with new menu's each week. Most of the food is made from scratch, each day in our kitchens.

What safety features or security measures does Cedarwood at Sandy offer to independent living residents?

24 hour security. Overnight Security Guard. We have cameras at the front door, and require each person leaving and entering the building to sign in and out.

If Cedarwood at Sandy accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we allow pets at Cedarwood. We have two large outdoor spaces for dogs our residents to walk their dogs, our large Courtyard, and our Rosegarden, where we have Doggie bag drop stations.

Does Cedarwood at Sandy work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We are unique, in that we have our own Private Care Service company right here in our building. We offer Medication Reminders, Shower Assistance, as well as some Personal Care Assistance (including dress and TED hose assistance).

Costs for Cedarwood at Sandy

Photos of Cedarwood at Sandy

Services and Amenities of Cedarwood at Sandy

• About Cedarwood at Sandy

Experience Life at Cedarwood at Sandy

Situated on six acres, Cedarwood at Sandy offers Independent and Assisted Living including 122 independent and 61 assisted living residences. Sitting beneath the breathtaking Wasatch Mountains in the heart of Sandy, Utah, Cedarwood is only a 20-minute drive from Salt Lake City.

At our community, you will find a relaxing outdoor gazebo and landscaped courtyard perfect for gathering with friends or enjoying a book surrounded by beautiful mature trees. The lobby welcomes you in with a cozy fireplace and interior spaces feature LED lighting and modern architectural styles throughout. Enjoy an active lifestyle in our daily fitness classes, on a trip to the nearby Wendover casinos or with friends at one of our over 200 activities offered each month.

SERVICES & AMENITIES

Cedarwood at Sandy has a wide range of services and amenities to make your days comfortable and enjoyable.

• Kitchens in every apartment
    • Patios or balconies with most apartments
    • Basic cable
    • Restaurant-style dining
    • All day dining hours from 7:30am-7:00pm
    • Fitness center with daily classes
    • Billiards / card room
    • Beauty salon
    • Outdoor sitting areas and courtyard
    • Gardening areas
    • Transportation services

Thank you for your interest at Cedarwood at Sandy. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Cedarwood at Sandy