Sunrise of Sandy

Reviews of Sunrise of Sandy

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Sandy

December 04, 2017

By CPalmer

My mom lived at Sunrise of Sandy for about eight years, first in assisted living, and then the last two years in their memory care. I had looked at several other assisted living homes, but I knew the moment I walked through the door at Sunrise that it was the place for my mom. It was warm and inviting, and I loved the overall appearance. It didn't feel too "high-class", which was important for my mom, who was a "farm girl" at heart. During my tour I noticed a variety of residents, and how they were out of their rooms, enjoying the activity of the hour. The home was clean, the staff was friendly, and I recall that dinner was in the works of being prepared, and it smelled wonderful! I loved how they had such a beautiful dining room, complete with menus, always offering a few different choices from the daily offerings. When my mom first moved in, she was a little reluctant to get involved with activities, but with the encouragement from the staff, she was soon enjoying herself with others during activities. She was more comfortable dining with the same group of people, and the staff accommodated that very well. Within her first year there, I noticed the overall change in her health and happiness. The staff at Sunrise gave my mother the best love and care possible! She had purpose for getting up every morning! And she had dignity, right to the end. My family and I thought of the staff at Sunrise as "extended family", as they were just like family to my mom. Moving my mom to Sunrise of Sandy was the best decision I have ever made!

December 04, 2017

By D/B

My mother-in-law lived at Sunrise of Sandy for 6 years. The part I appreciated the most was the caring staff. We went through a lot of different people in that time period. I loved seeing the hugs she got and hearing about the extra time they spent with her. It was such a comfort to know that help was only a button push away and I felt the workers sincerely cared about her.

May 09, 2017

By Janel067716

Sunrise of Sandy was OK but hospital-like. It didn't have a very happy atmosphere. They weren't sad nor happy, but when you compare it to other places where everybody was chattering and playing games, it's a big difference. The staff didn't seem very happy to be working there. It felt like they were putting up with us being there.

June 22, 2016

By Erica813716

Sunrise of Sandy was wonderful. I would place my mother there immediately if it weren't so expensive. It's like an exclusive hotel, and I'm sure the people get well taken care of there. It's very elegant and if I could afford for myself to go there, I'd go there. I was very impressed, but the price was way out of our ballpark. The staff was very caring and concerned. It's very big and elegant but not a lockdown. My mother needs to be in a lockdown facility.

February 04, 2016

By Melodydo

We moved from Ohio and.carefully researched assisted living facilities for my husband who has a traumatic brain injury. We were assured they would be able to take care of him. In fact they said they had several levels of care as my husband might need. They had one level of care & that was minimal. They are understaffed with marginal quality aides. My husband had terrible treatment there & one day I found him walking out the front door into the busy street outside. The food is lovely to look at but has minimal protein & very small portions. Don't be foiled by the winding staircase that feeble patients can't use. So much of this place consists of attractive useless frills. Nothing to help the patients. We left after a month. This was a bitter experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

November 04, 2015

Sunrise of Sandy was top-notch. I liked the floor plan of the rooms, the cleanliness of the whole place, and the fresh flowers on the dining room tables. It seemed more upperclass than where my father-in-law lived long ago. They had a whole calendar of activities and were having a sing-along with a group of people when I was there.

October 27, 2015

By Nori1

My mom is in Sunrise. The staff is warm, friendly, and made you feel welcome instantly. You can tell they like their jobs from the clean-up staff to the management. Everyone is very focused on taking good care of the individuals in the facility. The amenities were beautiful, very nice, and very clean. We had lunch there, and the food is amazing. They’re very organized, and they seemed to have a lot of activities for the seniors. My mother was really interested in the Bible study class, and Holy Communion given to her. They have different exercise programs, afternoon get-togethers, and they also take the residents on bus rides.

June 30, 2015

By Ann108443050

I visited Sunrise at Sandy. I thought the rooms were quite small.

February 28, 2014

Sunrise of Sandy was very nice. The staff, the cleanliness and the place itself was really nice. There were a lot about this place I really like. They seemed to have a lot of activities and people were joining in. They did have several community rooms for them. Their rooms were pretty spacious. They all have their own bathrooms and showers. The dining area was really nice. They would try to accommodate individuals on what they wanted to eat. Their food looked very good. Their chef seemed to be pretty good.

July 24, 2013

By Cal2

Sunrise of Sandy was like a hotel and it was of high standard. The staff seemed connected with the residents. There were a lot of activities scheduled. I would not mind living there myself.

July 11, 2012

By grandmothercarer

We decided on this facility because it is very close to where I live and it would be easy for me to visit my grandmother. The actual facility is very new and very well kept. There are several outdoor areas for the members to enjoy and there is also a lot of staff to take care of everyone. Unfortunately, it is also near a very busy street so it is sometimes loud. It is a large facility, but there aren't all that many members, which is good because that means the care is more personable. My grandmother said that most of the people were very nice and there is a sort of freedom to the place. There are many activities available for the members including a fitness center, game room, etc. My grandmother has told me that it doesn't even feel like an assisted living facility because of how innovative it is. The only thing that she didn't particularly like is the selection of food. The actual quality of food is good, but there are only several items to choose from each meal, though they do get changed each day. Overall, I am very satisfied with the facility.

June 23, 2011

By four

This facility is a mansion, huge and airy and absolutely gorgeous, with sunrooms and gardens, and even a wrap-around porch, which is the hugest draw for my friend. She loves nothing more than sitting on the porch in a rocking chair and just sort of watching as the world goes by. She's always wanted a huge porch and now she has that opportunity now and she can enjoy it. And does, often. She even moves around the porch as the day progresses, so she can enjoy other areas of the facility, like the beautiful gardens. People watching is one of her favorite activities and though the area is quiet, there's still plenty of opportunities for her to observe them as they go by, and even talk to them sometimes whenever she can. When the weather doesn't permit her to be outside, she often enjoys relaxing in the sunrooms and watching it rain or even snow.

Questions about Sunrise of Sandy

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Sandy. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents ages range from 71-96 years old. Our average age is about 86 years old.

What places are near Sunrise of Sandy or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located next to a shopping center that has a bank, Walgreens, Smiths Grocery store, ShopKo and some restaurants.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is included to and from doctors appointments and weekly transportation to nearby stores is included as well.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

Our concierge is at the front desk 7 days a week from 8am - 8pm. During the hours that no one is at the desk our front doors our locked and we provide our families with a code to get in and out.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Sandy during daytime and nighttime hours?

We utilize variable staffing and what this means is that we are staffed based on our residents levels of care rather than how many residents we have. This ensures that as our residents needs increase we are adequately staffed to meet their needs.

If Sunrise of Sandy accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly. For our residents with dogs we have a beautiful walking trail around the building as well as a secure courtyard that the dogs can run around in.

Photos of Sunrise of Sandy

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Sandy

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Sunrise of Sandy

Our mansion, which is nestled by a peaceful neighborhood and beautiful backdrop of the Wasatch Mountains, features 79 apartments that include assisted living and memory care.

You will be inspired by the building?s architecture, craftsmanship, style and the elegance of our modern interiors. The apartment selections include one- and two-bedroom suites as well as small and medium studios. Some of the distinctive features of the community are fine dining, a 24-hour bistro, wrap-around porches and terrace sunrooms. As well as beautifully landscaped gardens that will create a wonderful walking experience.

Our Principles of Service for our residents are preserving their diginity, nurturing the spirit, celebrating individuality, enabling freedom of choice, encouraging independence, and involving family and friends. Through our team members? passion, joy of service and trust, these principles are achieved.

Map of Sunrise of Sandy