Sunrise of Sandy

2130 East 9400 South, Sandy, UT 84093
Sunrise of Sandy (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 22 days

Discounted suites available in assisted living and memory care. If a resident takes occupancy by 7/31/2020 and moves in by 8/31/2020, their room rate will be locked until 2022!

Reviews of Sunrise of Sandy

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Sandy

November 04, 2015

Sunrise of Sandy was top-notch. I liked the floor plan of the rooms, the cleanliness of the whole place, and the fresh flowers on the dining room tables. It seemed more upperclass than where my father-in-law lived long ago. They had a whole calendar of activities and were having a sing-along with a group of people when I was there.

October 27, 2015

By Nori1

My mom is in Sunrise. The staff is warm, friendly, and made you feel welcome instantly. You can tell they like their jobs from the clean-up staff to the management. Everyone is very focused on taking good care of the individuals in the facility. The amenities were beautiful, very nice, and very clean. We had lunch there, and the food is amazing. They’re very organized, and they seemed to have a lot of activities for the seniors. My mother was really interested in the Bible study class, and Holy Communion given to her. They have different exercise programs, afternoon get-togethers, and they also take the residents on bus rides.

June 30, 2015

By Ann108443050

I visited Sunrise at Sandy. I thought the rooms were quite small.

February 28, 2014

Sunrise of Sandy was very nice. The staff, the cleanliness and the place itself was really nice. There were a lot about this place I really like. They seemed to have a lot of activities and people were joining in. They did have several community rooms for them. Their rooms were pretty spacious. They all have their own bathrooms and showers. The dining area was really nice. They would try to accommodate individuals on what they wanted to eat. Their food looked very good. Their chef seemed to be pretty good.

July 24, 2013

By Cal2

Sunrise of Sandy was like a hotel and it was of high standard. The staff seemed connected with the residents. There were a lot of activities scheduled. I would not mind living there myself.

July 11, 2012

By grandmothercarer

We decided on this facility because it is very close to where I live and it would be easy for me to visit my grandmother. The actual facility is very new and very well kept. There are several outdoor areas for the members to enjoy and there is also a lot of staff to take care of everyone. Unfortunately, it is also near a very busy street so it is sometimes loud. It is a large facility, but there aren't all that many members, which is good because that means the care is more personable. My grandmother said that most of the people were very nice and there is a sort of freedom to the place. There are many activities available for the members including a fitness center, game room, etc. My grandmother has told me that it doesn't even feel like an assisted living facility because of how innovative it is. The only thing that she didn't particularly like is the selection of food. The actual quality of food is good, but there are only several items to choose from each meal, though they do get changed each day. Overall, I am very satisfied with the facility.

June 23, 2011

By four

This facility is a mansion, huge and airy and absolutely gorgeous, with sunrooms and gardens, and even a wrap-around porch, which is the hugest draw for my friend. She loves nothing more than sitting on the porch in a rocking chair and just sort of watching as the world goes by. She's always wanted a huge porch and now she has that opportunity now and she can enjoy it. And does, often. She even moves around the porch as the day progresses, so she can enjoy other areas of the facility, like the beautiful gardens. People watching is one of her favorite activities and though the area is quiet, there's still plenty of opportunities for her to observe them as they go by, and even talk to them sometimes whenever she can. When the weather doesn't permit her to be outside, she often enjoys relaxing in the sunrooms and watching it rain or even snow.

Questions about Sunrise of Sandy

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Sandy offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Sunrise of Sandy's Programming and Activities allow each resident to experience complete life enrichment. We invite you to view our week at a glance and month at a glance activity calendars, which promote the health of the mind, body and spirit. Our vibrant programs are fulfilling and encourage our residents to celebrate the joy of every day.

What places are near Sunrise of Sandy or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located next to a shopping center that has a bank, Walgreens, Smiths Grocery store and a few restaurants.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is included to and from doctors appointments and weekly transportation to nearby stores is included as well.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Sandy exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Sandy offer to assisted living residents?

Our concierge is at the front desk 7 days a week from 8am - 8pm. During the hours that no one is at the desk our front doors our locked and we provide our families with a code to get in and out.

How does Sunrise of Sandy keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Timely updates on all incidents, monthly wellness visits and phone calls to families, regular care plan meetings with families.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Sandy during daytime and nighttime hours?

We utilize variable staffing and what this means is that we are staffed based on our residents levels of care rather than how many residents we have. This ensures that as our residents needs increase we are adequately staffed to meet their needs.

If Sunrise of Sandy accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly. For our residents with dogs we have a beautiful walking trail around the building as well as a secure courtyard that the dogs can run around in.

Our Resident Care Director and Reminiscence Coordinator assess our residents every 6 months or as often as the residents needs are changing.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Sandy. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Surrounded by a residential neighborhood as well as some shopping areas.

Photos of Sunrise of Sandy